Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Wow that’s earlier than I expected, says 4pm on the NFL article i quoted.

It's confusing, Fowler on ESPN just now had a graphic saying 4pm today, so who knows. Agreed that the Jets are going to be the official "Offseason Champs" this year.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Then they should have had him signed to a LTD before now, now it looks like we will lose him next year after paying him close to 34m in the last 2 years, Zeitler is just as good as Sherff and as just signed a 21m 3 year deal. 

Agree on your first point and supposedly they are still trying to get that done.  The Giants too who also tagged Leonard Williams twice.  Disagree that Zeitler is just as good. Maybe years back.  Last season Zeitler was decent nothing great -- I am gathering that's partly why the Giants were ok letting him go aside from the cap hit. 

6 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

It's confusing, Fowler on ESPN just now had a graphic saying 4pm today, so who knows. Agreed that the Jets are going to be the official "Offseason Champs" this year.

Keim said 4 originally too then corrected himself and say noon. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by national buzz.  We need to stay out of the Pats and Bills way for the TEs.  They will get the top TEs -- Junno going to the Bills.  The Browns or the Dolphins will get the top MLB on the market -- J. Brown.

The Jets, Dolphins or Giants landing Golladay.  The Jets shooting big all over the place.  Pencil in Samuel to Jax.    Giants will beat us to a WR target.

Agreed. That's why I am thinking they skip the top names and go at:

TE Everett, LB Morrow or Wilson (Didn't realize JDR brought Morrow into the NFL) and an Agholor, Fuller or Brown or many others

Edited by DWinzit

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by national buzz.  We need to stay out of the Pats and Bills way for the TEs.  They will get the top TEs -- Junno going to the Bills.  The Browns or the Dolphins will get the top MLB on the market -- J. Brown.

The Jets, Dolphins or Giants landing Golladay.  The Jets shooting big all over the place.  Pencil in Samuel to Jax.    Giants will beat us to a WR target.

That's the most pessimistic view of things.  Will see.  I persoonally don't know obvously what goes down.  But judging by national media we are the underdogs to just about every major target we've talked about here. 

Hell, that’s a bleak outlook from the media Can’t expect anything less I suppose, might just call it a day and drop back in tomorrow...:ols:

Two things. One is I expect many posters to be disappointed in both the number and name of signings. It's never what people think. And two, don't pay too much attention on the rumors of who goes where. They're maybe thirty percent correct in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man if we don't get at least 1 big signing with all this cap room in a cap shortened season I'm gonna be a bit disappointed.  I'm expecting that to be the case.  I'm excited for the possible day when we are looked at as a desired location instead of leper island

• Like 1

I’m all in for JuJu today. Gonna need a QB first....think we are officially down to Fitz or Mariota if something unfolds with his situation in LV.

1 minute ago, Lovi said:

Man if we don't get at least 1 big signing with all this cap room in a cap shortened season I'm gonna be a bit disappointed.  I'm expecting that to be the case.  I'm excited for the possible day when we are looked at as a desired location instead of leper island

Time for change in approach.

When you bring up the list of top 101 Free Agents, flip the sort order and start at 101 instead and work the other way back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Sheehan this morning.  He discovered that they see Scherff as an elite guard, the best in the league.  He can do everything they want in the run game and the passing game.  When he was out against the Rams that side of the interior was dominated. 

If they feel he's elite then get a deal done.  They shouldn't be afraid of setting the market for an elite player at his position.  If they don't get a deal done by July it's a huge fail.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, drowland said:

If they feel he's elite then get a deal done.  They shouldn't be afraid of setting the market for an elite player at his position.  If they don't get a deal done by July it's a huge fail.  

Agreed. If the perception is that he is elite, sort the deal out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agreed. If the perception is that he is elite, sort the deal out. 

It just feels to me like Scherff doesn't want to be here for his whole career.  He's only had one year of Rivera so maybe that changes, but I'm picking up that Kirk vibe from the situation.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think we bring a DB from the 49ers pool of impending free agents.

Yeah those 49ers all DB's   🤣

I am not shocked at all by Darby wanting to hit the market but given an offer from WFT. Wish that's the way Scherff was handled too

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Two things. One is I expect many posters to be disappointed in both the number and name of signings. It's never what people think. And two, don't pay too much attention on the rumors of who goes where. They're maybe thirty percent correct in the end.

Agree with the rumors, we haven't even hit the tampering period so it's likely (mostly) click bait at this point.

I still think we land one bigger name and then go like last year and fill a bunch of holes.  So I mostly agree with the names of the signing piece, but I'm confident we'll have a few new names to talk about (not necessarily within the next few days, several will be guys we wait out for a better deal).

18 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He may be gone as others mentioned, but I'm ok with this.  Darby with all his injury history is not a "Blow him away" with a contract type player.  People are upset about Scherff at 18 and I'd bet they offered Darby in the 8-10 range (hopefully we find out if he does leave).  I don't want his level risk at 11-12 or whatever.  Again we'll see, but I think finding CBs that can hold up behind our D-line should easier to replace than other positions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

He may be gone as others mentioned, but I'm ok with this.  Darby with all his injury history is not a "Blow him away" with a contract type player.  People are upset about Scherff at 18 and I'd bet they offered Darby in the 8-10 range (hopefully we find out if he does leave).  I don't want his level risk at 11-12 or whatever.  Again we'll see, but I think finding CBs that can hold up behind our D-line should easier to replace than other positions.

There's a reason Darby will be on his 4th team in 7 years next year.  He's just not anything special.  He was a great one year gamble, now lets go find the next one.  As you say our scheme and nasty line make life pretty good for our corners.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dexter said:

Why not?  He's as physically gifted as any player in the NFL, he just needs more reps and he's incredibly young.  Plus, I don't see guys knocking the door down to come play Heinicke and Kyle Allen.  

John Ross could blow up in this offense if given the opportunity. 

Because of the reasons I noted. First, he's been a complete bust as far as his play, considering he was a top 10 pick. Second, he can't stay healthy. He's gone onto IR in 3 out of his 4 seasons and even the year he didn't end up on IR he was battling a groin in jury pretty much all season.

How physically gifted he is doesn't matter if he's not actually a very good receiver and can't stay healthy. It's like looking to buy a racing car so you can go to the track, even though the car you're considering, while super fast, has terrible handling, poor braking, and breaks down every other day.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

There's a reason Darby will be on his 4th team in 7 years next year.  He's just not anything special.  He was a great one year gamble, now lets go find the next one.  As you say our scheme and nasty line make life pretty good for our corners.

I would imagine, because of the things you mention, the league doesn't feel too different and that's why I'm not convinced he goes elsewhere.  If they can be in the 3/24-27 range I don't mind it too much.  With the cap down, maybe he'd rather a 1 year deal.  IDK, but either way I'm glad they didn't go crazy here.