Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would be psyched.  if I had to pick my top 3 it would be Golladay, Fitzpatrick, Jonnu Smith.

After them:

Jayon Brown

Mariota (if he hits FA)

Curtis Samuel

Hunter Henry

Schuster

Corey Davis

Gerald Everett

J. Johnson

A. Harris
Agholor 

M. Jones 

Murrow 

W. Fuller 

As long as they land a couple of targets from this group, I’d be pleased. 

My top 3 would be.....

Mitch Trubisky, Curtis Samuel, and re-sign Ronald Darby

After that, back to the bargain bin.....

John Ross (undervalued, young, and cheap)

Tarell Basham (coached him in high school, versatile defender also)

Kevin Pierre Louis (fast, great in coverage, team guy...re-sign him)

Jamaal Williams (ultimate team guy, complimentary RB)

Not sure how active we are going to be, but it will exciting to see who we chase.

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B.  He thinks they will swing big for a guy out of the gate and he thinks they will land said target

I really hope this is Jayon Brown. Or even one of the available QBs. Rivera can make out he’s not desperate, but those positions require serious attention.

Stacks of options at receiver, would be quite an achievement to miss out on getting one :ols:. Must be able to add that WR and/or TE before the day is out.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I really hope this is Jayon Brown. Or even one of the available QBs. Rivera can make out he’s not desperate, but those positions require serious attention.

Stacks of options at receiver, would be quite an achievement to miss out on getting one :ols:. Must be able to add that WR and/or TE before the day is out.

That would be a great signing but for some reason I think it's going to be Holladay.  

4 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I think it was an “F U” to the NFL’s salary cap rules. 

I agree. They probably raised an issue with the league about the drop due to COVID, maybe even asked for some adjustment to the cap given the unique circumstances. Likely got bombed off by the league, which in balance would be fair enough, so they thought ‘sit back and watch us take the piss’. 

I mean, they even used the tag on one of their players :ols:

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I doubt Jayon Brown would fit a big swing but will see. 

Listening to Sheehan this morning.  He discovered that they see Scherff as an elite guard, the best in the league.  He can do everything they want in the run game and the passing game.  When he was out against the Rams that side of the interior was dominated. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As I said last week if I had to take a FA approach to upgrading receiving weapons, I'd rather sign a Te like Jonnu Smith and go cheaper at WR to help make that happen.  Cooley actually said the other day on a podcast he sees it that way too.  Will see. 

That's the way I'd do it. Go hard at Jonnu, Everett or Henry first. Everett may be an easier catch

It sounds like they are confident the one big name they go at they will get. Makes you think it is someone they know...Samuel? 

If it is Samuel, It would be telling how the signing would go. Ron drafted him and had him his first few years. Thing is, his best year was the year RR and Turner were gone.

I am not big on Ross. 

There have been a few of us suggesting Jarred Davis on a 1-2 year prove it deal. He was a favorite of mine in 2017.

He just hasn't done squat in the NFL, huge potential, huge disappointment. I get the feeling he will get a bigger than deserved contract on ability only

He would be worth takiung a shot but could easily be a swing and miss. Maybe change of scenery would do him well

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

That's the way I'd do it. Go hard at Jonnu, Everett or Henry first. Everett may be an easier catch

It sounds like they are confident the one big name they go at they will get. Makes you think it is someone they know...Samuel? 

If it is Samuel, It would be telling how the signing would go. Ron drafted him and had him his first few years. Thing is, his best year was the year RR and Turner were gone.

I am not big on Ross. 

Yeah for me right now if I had to pick my top desire it would be Jonnu. 

Just now, DWinzit said:

There have been a few of suggesting Jarred Davis on a 1-2 year prove it deal. He was a favorite of mine in 2017.

He just hasn't done squat in the NFL, huge potential, huge disappointment. I get the feeling he will get a bigger than deserved contract on ability only

I've been thinking players like Samuel, C. Davis would be getting 10 million plus.  Now, I am not so sure.  I am getting the impression from what I am reading that the top players get top money but that next tier will get less than usual.  I doubt Jarred gets much.  Will see.  I liked him at UF.  He was a big time leader too.  Not sure what happened to him in Detriot but he certainly hasn't lived up to expectations.   Talented player though. 

• Like 2

I have a feeling the Jets are really going to piss a few of us off today and tomorrow :ols:

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I doubt Jayon Brown would fit a big swing but will see. 

great deal for the Ravens.

true about Brown to a degree, but primary position of need, real ascending talent. Same as Jonnu, I think they have a ton of teams after them.

They will be paid. Some players will get big money early. Those who I think get good money this week: Giants DT Dalvin Tomlinson, Bucs edge-rusher Shaq Barrett, Lions wideout Kenny Golladay, Steelers wideout JuJu Smith-Schuster, Niners left tackle Trent Williams, Pats guard Joe Thuney, Titans TE Jonnu Smith.

Wait out the spenders. The market is so deep this year, with good players on the street (Trai Turner, Kevin Zeitler, Bud Dupree, Casey Hayward) who have either been released or are free agents. After two weeks, my bet is you could pick from this list of players with good football left and buy for one year, $3 million or less: tight end Jared Cook; wideouts John Brown, Demarcus Robinson, Willie Snead; running back Mike Davis; and a slew of pass-rushers.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/15/drew-brees-retires-nfl-free-agency-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Sheehan this morning.  He discovered that they see Scherff as an elite guard, the best in the league.  He can do everything they want in the run game and the passing game.  When he was out against the Rams that side of the interior was dominated. 

Then they should have had him signed to a LTD before now, now it looks like we will lose him next year after paying him close to 34m in the last 2 years, Zeitler is just as good as Sherff and as just signed a 21m 3 year deal. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I have a feeling the Jets are really going to piss a few of us off today and tomorrow :ols:

true about Brown to a degree, but primary position of need, real ascending talent. Same as Jonnu, I think they have a ton of teams after them.

Judging by national buzz.  We need to stay out of the Pats and Bills way for the TEs.  They will get the top TEs -- Junno going to the Bills.  The Browns or the Dolphins will get the top MLB on the market -- J. Brown.

The Jets, Dolphins or Giants landing Golladay.  The Jets shooting big all over the place.  Pencil in Samuel to Jax.    Giants will beat us to a WR target.

That's the most pessimistic view of things.  Will see.  I persoonally don't know obvously what goes down.  But judging by national media we are the underdogs to just about every major target we've talked about here. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise