Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am running with what Keim seems to think that they are more likely looking for a big play WR with speed.  If so that would fit Agholor more so than Marvin.  Marvin does have some wheels but not as much a big play guy as Agholor.   But if Jones is cheap that one would be cool with me.  I'd be surprised considering his age.  But you never know. 

I think we take a look at John Ross.

Jenkins in the single high in a JDR D is just nasty perfect. Please make that happen. Attitude from front to back and everyone is getting hit.

Someone dropped a baby out of the window of a burning building and the Eagles fans started a huge petition to sign the dude who caught it, because they didn't have a WR who could catch. That guy is not good. Heinicke loves Sims it seems. I'm sure he can get 900 yards in a year dropping passes too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Nelson but he'll get paid coming off a strong year. Best value will be John Brown. He was banged up last year for the Bills but put up a 1000 yard season the year before with the 2019 version of Josh Allen. He has a prior 1000 yard season on his resume too from his Cardinals days. Downside is he will be 31 when the season starts but it would be good for both parties to agree on a 1 year deal between $5M-$8M

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why? The guy is pretty much a 1st round bust who's never been able to stay healthy. 

Why not?  He's as physically gifted as any player in the NFL, he just needs more reps and he's incredibly young.  Plus, I don't see guys knocking the door down to come play Heinicke and Kyle Allen.  

John Ross could blow up in this offense if given the opportunity. 

16 minutes ago, method man said:

I like Nelson but he'll get paid coming off a strong year. Best value will be John Brown. He was banged up last year for the Bills but put up a 1000 yard season the year before with the 2019 version of Josh Allen. He has a prior 1000 yard season on his resume too from his Cardinals days. Downside is he will be 31 when the season starts but it would be good for both parties to agree on a 1 year deal between $5M-$8M

This would be the smart play if they cant get one of the top tier WR's without overpaying.  Get a mid level vet or 2 on one year deals then draft a guy or two and let them all compete.  WFT needs to avoid long terms deals for wr2 unless it is for a stud because its likely they will want to upgrade that position in the draft and save money to pay terry.

Listened to Keim's new podcast.

A. He thinks they come out of the FA period with a QB, if he had to guess it would be Mariota

B.  He thinks they will swing big for a guy out of the gate and he thinks they will land said target

C. He said its tough to get nuggets as for targets because in the past that stuff would get leaked during the combine and without the combine its much easier for teams to keep things close to the vest.

D.  He doubled down that they prefer a WR who can stretch the field with speed

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A. He thinks they come out of the FA period with a QB, if he had to guess it would be Mariota

B.  He thinks they will swing big for a guy out of the gate and he thinks they will land said target

C. He said its tough to get nuggets as for targets because in the past that stuff would get leaked during the combine and without the combine its much easier for teams to keep things close to the vest.

Thanks for the update brotha

• Like 1

Just now, ODU AGGIE said:

I'm coming around to really liking Corey Davis. I just watched his 2020 highlights and confirmed what I was already thinking. Hopefully we can sign him for three or four years without breaking the bank. 

WORRIED Giants want him

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You'd be pretty happy if they landed Holladay wouldn't ya?  :)  I see a lot of tweets saying he's their main target.  We shall see soon enough.  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You'd be pretty happy if they landed Holladay wouldn't ya?  :)  I see a lot of tweets saying he's their main target.  We shall see soon enough.  

I would be. But there are a bunch of guys I like so as long as they sign some impact players I’d likely be happy.   I am not overly hung up on any specific players.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I would be. But there are a bunch of guys I like so as long as they sign some impact players I’d likely be happy.   I am not overly hung up on any specific players.

Seemed like you were pretty psyched about him several days ago about him being a freak.  There are some good WR out there to be had.  I just hope we do better than one big signing.  Over on the other WFT site I put down my 3 favorites in no particular order:  Jayon Brown, Jonnu Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will Fuller?  Might be cheaper than expected considering his injury concerns and opening game suspension.

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Seemed like you were pretty psyched about him several days ago about him being a freak.  There are some good WR out there to be had.  I just hope we do better than one big signing.  Over on the other WFT site I put down my 3 favorites in no particular order:  Jayon Brown, Jonnu Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  

I would be psyched.  if I had to pick my top 3 it would be Golladay, Fitzpatrick, Jonnu Smith.

After them:

Jayon Brown

Mariota (if he hits FA)

Curtis Samuel

Hunter Henry

Schuster

Corey Davis

Gerald Everett

J. Johnson

A. Harris
Agholor 

M. Jones 

Murrow 

W. Fuller 

As long as they land a couple of targets from this group, I’d be pleased. 

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Will Fuller?  Might be cheaper than expected considering his injury concerns and opening game suspension.

Could be. If I am thinking pure speed then Samuel, Fuller, Agholor.  Keim suggested big play receiver who can stretch the field and also talked up Golladay on that front. 

I don’t think Keim knows who they are targeting though. He alluded to that point In his podcast and explained why.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would be psyched.  if I had to pick my top 3 it would be Golladay, Fitzpatrick, Jonnu Smith.

After them:

Jayon Brown

Mariota (if he hits FA)

Curtis Samuel

Hunter Henry

Schuster

Corey Davis

Gerald Everett

J. Johnson

A. Harris
Agholor 

M. Jones 

Murrow 

W. Fuller 

As long as they land a couple of targets from this group, I’d be pleased. 

With you on that.  If I had to pick from the group you mentioned and wasn't able to get the players I mentioned I'd like Mariota, Everett and Schuster

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

Why not?  He's as physically gifted as any player in the NFL, he just needs more reps and he's incredibly young.  Plus, I don't see guys knocking the door down to come play Heinicke and Kyle Allen.  

John Ross could blow up in this offense if given the opportunity. 

When he got injured last, essentially ending his tenure with the Bengals, it was after the team had asked him (but not yet followed through as far as I’ve read) to try switching positions to CB to help them out.

That...is not promising no matter how much raw athleticism he has on the rare occasions he’s healthy. 

5 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I know. Deal is still for $140 million though 

That doesn't make sense.  The cap hit moved into voidable years still is dead cap for those years.  4 years and 140 million is a monstrous amount of dead cap for those voidable years.  Something is not right with that reporting.

4 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

That doesn't make sense.  The cap hit moved into voidable years still is dead cap for those years.  4 years and 140 million is a monstrous amount of dead cap for those voidable years.  Something is not right with that reporting.

I don't have the exact numbers, but last year Hill signed a two-year deal valued at $21 million, with $16 million in guarantees. He played out year one, but was going to count significantly against the cap in year 2 (or 2021). I've read reports of a cap number of about $16 million. As a lot of that was guaranteed, even if New Orleans cut Hill, it would still owe the money against the cap.

What the Saints have done it taken the guaranteed money and spread it out over several years with the contract extension. I'm not sure how much "new" money there is. The new deal is being reported as having a $9.7 million signing bonus, a $1.44 million guaranteed roster bonus, and a $1.034 million base salary (plus incentives). So that's a little over $12 million guaranteed in this restructure. But Hill already had a bunch still left over from his prior contract, so this is just shuffling how it gets paid out. The general idea is the $9.7 million signing bonus is spread out over 4 years, rather than all of it counting against the 2021 cap. So the move actually lowers Hill 2021 cap from $16 million to $8.4 million. That saves almost $8 on the cap in 2021. And the rest of the $140 million dollars? It's not guaranteed and pushed into years down the road. Which realistically Hill will never see. He'll either be cut on the contact will just void. That's make Hill a free agent in 2022. And any guaranteed money will come due on the Saints' cap. But it won't be $140 million. It'll be closer to $8 million.

37 minutes ago, sportsnut said:

But what’s the point of making the voidable years for $140m?  Wouldn’t they have had the same effect spreading out the money if they made the voidable years for less?

Yes, it works the same no matter what the voidable years are. So it does not have to be $140 million. Mainly its just for show. Teams/Agents do this all the time to inflate contract numbers with large back-end salaries the players never see. The general thinking is that this makes things look more impressive for the agent/player. This is just taking it to the extreme.