Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

33 minutes ago, carex said:

I do kind of wish we waited on depth signing till after the comp period was past

? We’ve signed three medium-to-large sized contracts already and lost hardly anybody, we already aren’t eligible for compensatory picks regardless of what else we do. We lost Darby, that was surpassed by Jackson’s contract. We lost Kerrigan, but he won’t get a contract bigger than ones we’ve already signed. You need to lose more than you gain, to put it simply, though it’s a lot more complex than that. We’re getting nothing.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

I'm actually pretty surprised that Kerrigan hasn't been picked up. He's not elite but he's a consistent player and a top notch guy culture-wise. Yeah he's a little on the older side, but he probably still has a few decent years in him left I'd think.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I'm actually pretty surprised that Kerrigan hasn't been picked up. He's not elite but he's a consistent player and a top notch guy culture-wise. Yeah he's a little on the older side, but he probably still has a few decent years in him left I'd think.

He's the kind of player you add before training camp.

30 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Mayo is a great signing. Not a 3 down backer, but one who can actually shoot gaps and pummel RBs is something we have not had ina while. Bostic sucked last year and KPL was a plastic garbage can. Better than Thomas Davis and is already our second best LBer. Having Curl and Collins should help with coverage. Same with JHC.

Yeah looks like we have a solid backup, a thumper, and a special teamer. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

He's the kind of player you add before training camp.

I bet he will be signed by mid may.   Teams may want to see what their roster looks like after the draft.  But every contender running a 4-3 would be nuts to not sign him to an affordable contract as a rotational guy.  Great attitude, great effort, he will have options.

I'm kind of hoping he is waiting on the skins draft to see if he can come back on a 1 yr, 3-4 mil deal as a rotational guy.  The poor guy has been on so many terrible teams, now we are finally building something.  Maybe he wants to be a part of it. Dude has already made a lot of coin, maybe money isn't his leading factor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, i meant 1 more game as in, one

more week of games. It’s one more game on the schedule. 

Although if we’re arguing semantics or whatever, the NFL also describes it as adding an extra game, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

it's not about semantics, it's about how it works out for the people who air the games, not those who play the games.  And I think they may be adding an extra bye for it so it's two more weeks of games potentially, plus the extra game is supposed to be a neutral site game so that's extra offsite money

12 minutes ago, carex said:

it's not about semantics, it's about how it works out for the people who air the games, not those who play the games.  And I think they may be adding an extra bye for it so it's two more weeks of games potentially, plus the extra game is supposed to be a neutral site game so that's extra offsite money

No, they’re still having only 1 bye week. Not 2. Only 1 more week of games.

and the semantics bit was about how I said the NFL is having one extra game (meaning, one extra game WEEK, and only 1 extra game for the team). I know there are 17 matchups that week. I am well aware of that 😂 

the NFL even says they’re going from a 16 game season to a 17 game season, that’s why i said it’s only one extra game (again, meaning only one extra game added onto teams schedules)

also, the extra game isn’t a neutral site game. It’s already been reported that the conferences will switch off each season with who gets the 9th home game. This year, the AFC gets the 9th home game. So Washington will travel to buffalo 

my comment had nothing to do with the money part of things, so that part is irrelevant to what i even said 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

36 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Ehhh. Fuller was an All-Pro in 2018, but regressed into 2019 and further last year.

Trufant, Rhodes, Hayward, Dennard, Butler, etc. A number of guys in that 29-31 range that will get 1 year deals similar to Verrett and Peterson. 

That's probably why they say Broncos or Chargers is where he'll go.  Vic Fangio was his DC in 2018 and Brandon Staley was on that staff and runs the same defense.  Bears D hasn't been as good since those two left.  

38 minutes ago, carex said:

we also lost KPL, we should lose Kerrigan.

Yeah but those guys are no one at all when compared with who else we signed. Comp picks aren’t something we are used to getting anyway