Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

I would kill for Adoree Jackson in the slot, in a vacuum. In reality I know we all like Moreland, and I doubt Adoree comes cheap enough for us to handle now that we have two good sized CB contracts already. But he’d be fun behind this DL, with PR upside too. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

So, with all the recent news,, looks like we can get DeShawn Watson for a conditional 7th. 

Championship?

It’s such a wild story. If the stories are true, I wonder if he wanted out of Houston so bad because he knew this story was coming out.

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, they’re still having only 1 bye week. Not 2. Only 1 more week of games.

and the semantics bit was about how I said the NFL is having one extra game (meaning, one extra game WEEK, and only 1 extra game for the team). I know there are 17 matchups that week. I am well aware of that 😂 

the NFL even says they’re going from a 16 game season to a 17 game season, that’s why i said it’s only one extra game (again, meaning only one extra game added onto teams schedules)

also, the extra game isn’t a neutral site game. It’s already been reported that the conferences will switch off each season with who gets the 9th home game. This year, the AFC gets the 9th home game. So Washington will travel to buffalo 

my comment had nothing to do with the money part of things, so that part is irrelevant to what i even said 

Can’t figure out how to multi-quote, but you two do realize it’s 16 extra games not 17, right?  Unless there’s one week of expansion.

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I see what you're tryin to pull off, on us.

But you didn't fool me.

Of course, DeShawn Watson is only worth a conditional 7th rounder.

But DeShaun Watson is another story...

TWO conditional 7th rounders.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What is the logic or reasoning for extending the regular season to 17 games ?

Money, money, money ?

You know this had to be factored in when they negotiated the new TV deal. I have no doubt they promised a 17 regular season game schedule to the networks.

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

You know this had to be factored in when they negotiated the new TV deal. I have no doubt they promised a 17 regular season game schedule to the networks.

So, with the reduction to 3 preseason games, I see it essentially like saying "the 4th preseason game will now count in the standings with all the other games"

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I can hear the announcers now

"Dak hands the ball off, to Zeke...

and he's smothered by Mayo and Sweat !"

I can't wait for a flag to be thrown and the announcer saying "Holding...Mayo"

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, with the reduction to 3 preseason games, I see it essentially like saying "the 4th preseason game will now count in the standings with all the other games"

considering how little the starters play in the 4th preseason game, not quite

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

More than that. Preseason games don't put butts in the stadium like a regular season game. It's always about the revenue.

I don't really understand what the Bears are doing but I would cream my pants if we could snag Roquan Smith from them if they're having a firesale. His value is tricky to me though, im not sure he has lived up to the hype he had before he was drafted. He is only 23 though.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

After franchising Scherff and making our three signings, is there really any expectation of comp picks?  Wouldn’t our big 3 offset whatever Kerrigan, Anderson, Darby, etc command?

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Not started yet this year (unless I'm missing the new one, but I think they just add a tab).  This does really good job of tracking.  EIther way I'm pretty confident we are not getting anything at this point.  Kerrigan and Anderson, maybe we tip the balance, but I think we've signed too many Panthers to have a shot.

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

Bears cut kyle fuller to make room for andy dalton. Ouch.

Guess they wanted more INTs 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

So I suppose the addition of William's at corner is BIG..welcome to the d.c. magic show..that's my saying..I made it up. Curtis Samuel was a huge get..I guees I over reacted a tad bit on the first day..

Get scherff locked down!!!...good job everybody thank you sip..jamesmadisonskinsfan maybe ya can beat sip to the.punch on tweets next year..ya give it your best and boy howdy we sure didnt miss a beat this fa in Twitter updates..I dont Twitter so i just come here and.get double and.sometime.triple twitter updates so thank you..on to the draft folks

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Confused 1

If we could get Richard Sherman on a 1 yr deal at $5 or $6M and move Fuller to nickel does that make us better?

I think we could use another WR and CB to compliment what we have, older veterans on 1yr deals could fill those slots.

Hoping for Comp picks is like hoping for loses for draft pick position. We aren't there right now.

With that insane list of young talent in our pipeline, we'll be seeing comp picks in the future. Hope we keep drafting well.

If Rich Eisen is talking us up like that, I bet the refs start seeing the ball bounce our way too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I'm actually pretty surprised that Kerrigan hasn't been picked up. He's not elite but he's a consistent player and a top notch guy culture-wise. Yeah he's a little on the older side, but he probably still has a few decent years in him left I'd think.

If I were the Patriots I'd be calling...

40 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Can’t figure out how to multi-quote, but you two do realize it’s 16 extra games not 17, right?  Unless there’s one week of expansion.

Yeah, i had the number 16 in my head, i typed 17 cause it’s what @carex said :P 16 matchups. 

My point still stands though, it’s a 17 game schedule (which is not the same as saying there are going to be 16 extra games total for that 17th week). 

• Like 1