Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

35 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We should be picking up another playmaker, still a receiver and TE light. I don’t want to enter the draft in that position, I’d be adding one or the other at that spot in free agency.

Still got holes galore but remember what they did last year as a guide...I would if i could but I can't remember. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Man, been crazy busy this offseason but this FA period has just been baller.  I'm extremely excited to see all the various ways these new guys can disappoint me like I did my parents.

But seriously, I love this approach that we're taking.  It just feels like we're making ****checks dictionary**** good and prudent choices?

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Man, been crazy busy this offseason but this FA period has just been baller.  I'm extremely excited to see all the various ways these new guys can disappoint me like I did my parents.

But seriously, I love this approach that we're taking.  It just feels like we're making ****checks dictionary**** good and prudent choices?

Rivera is a true leader, a motivator, that's why players have embraced this new culture. I hope we will fill the needs with the right players, decades of dysfunction are not going to get fixed overnight. Ultimately time will tell, until then I wish him the very best.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Rivera is a true leader, a motivator, that's why players have embraced this new culture. I hope we will fill the needs with the right players, decades of dysfunction are not going to get fixed overnight. Ultimately time will tell, until then I wish him the very best.

Rr & Co. very well could make a back2back Division Championship for the 1st time in 17 yrs.  Which is the same amount of time since there's been back2back SB champs and it looks like Brady Inc. is favored to pull that off.  Coincidence? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Couple more things I just learned about Samuel.

He led ALL receivers in "Catch Rate", by catching almost 80% of passes thrown to him.

Also among league leaders in 3rd Down catches for first down.

Both of those things were major weaknesses for us last year, so it's a huge upgrade from what we had - and that's not even mentioning the numerous other things he does well.

Used to be called clutch....

Looking ahead: Washington needs to find a long snapper and while no names have emerged those who have called have been told they have a list. It still needs a TE; they did make an early offer to one of the top TE's available, though it's uncertain which one. It wants to add an OT as well. Washington knows the draft can help in many areas it wants to fortify (OT, TE, LB). Like last offseason, a big key now is strengthening the depth in multiple areas.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer41m ago
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know Mayo wasn't meant as a starter signing...

But the lack of ILB moves have me both concerned and excited heading into the draft... Concerned because I am terrified we go in with a similar group to last year + JHC and Mayo -Bostic and Davis.

Excited because we could take two of those dudes in the draft...

But that's concerning because the draft should be more about BPA across the board and not a need...

And hard needs are still LB and FS. 

Which means receiver/OT would be tougher to address.

Or if we go receiver/OT that means FS/ILB are tougher to address...

The caveat is that we are 2 days into FA "officially" and a lot can happen in waves 2 and 3.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I don't think you are giving this monumental offseason the praise it deserves.

But in all seriousness, we are off to a great start.  I don't know how anyone wouldn't approve of the moves so far.  Huge upgrades at important positions at reasonable costs.

For me, the kill shot (pardon the pun) would be signing Scherff to a LTD at 15 or 16 million a year which would save 2 or 3 million in cap space.  Then follow that up with one more significant FA for good measure.  I would need a cigarette and some sleep if that happened.  Actually, I don't smoke, but you get what I'm saying.  Right?

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Even with the improvements; I’d say 9-8 or 10-7.

You're probably in the ball park. The schedule is murderer's row. It's a rare season where going just above .500 is actually a sign of improvement despite the fact we won the division last year and may not this season.

I'd say, without accounting for draft choices and only looking at rosters to this point in time we are a floor of 6-11 and a ceiling of 11-6 type of team. Last year I said 5-11 to 9-7 I believe (if memory serves). 

I understand 6-11 to 11-6 is a lot of wiggle room. I actually feel we'll be closer to what you said, but I was just using a floor/ceiling predictor at the moment.

The scary part is where we'd be without some of these signings...

Heinicke is good enough to win us games. I guarantee it. Question is: Can he stay healthy enough? Without Jackson/Samuel/Fitz I'd have us at a floor of 3-14 and a ceiling of 8-9.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But the lack of ILB moves have me both concerned and excited heading into the draft... Concerned because I am terrified we go in with a similar group to last year + JHC and Mayo -Bostic and Davis.

But that's concerning because the draft should be more about BPA across the board and not a need...

The caveat is that we are 2 days into FA "officially" and a lot can happen in waves 2 and 3.

Moehrig, Cox, Leatherwood, Felton would check every box, but I definitely do agree.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

As of now, I figure 19 will be OT (its a position that is too hard to get outside the 1st/early 2nd and Keim/Standing have been saying they we will target OT)

51 is LB/WR (kind of fits the area of the 2nd tier LB range (non Collins, JOK, Parsons)

SF 3rd is WR/LB/TE

Our 3rd is TE/LB/WR

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think we may well be on Ertz watch you know.

Reiff if he escapes Cincy would be ok too. Also the guy Pitt are trying to re-sign.

I wonder if it is Ertz because I doubt Philly would let him go to us w/o charging us a ransom.  They might trade him to another team outside the division.

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

As of now, I figure 19 will be OT (its a position that is too hard to get outside the 1st/early 2nd and Keim/Standing have been saying they we will target OT)

51 is LB/WR (kind of fits the area of the 2nd tier LB range (non Collins, JOK, Parsons)

SF 3rd is WR/LB/TE

Our 3rd is TE/LB/WR

If we can get Werner at 51, I'm happy.

He's the guy that I think is the best fit for this team at LB and would be our Kuech. Though I like Collins better for the role. 

I'd like it even more if he was there in the third. Though I'd be in some sort of catatonic state going into round 3 with no real LB upgrades.

I don't think the value OTs are there at 19 and it's going to wind up pure BPA. 

I don't take a TE and a WR if we can get a TE in the mold of, say, Brevin Jordan. Who is a WR in disguise. Versatile picks are the way around roster spot issues. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You're probably in the ball park. The schedule is murderer's row. It's a rare season where going just above .500 is actually a sign of improvement despite the fact we won the division last year and may not this season.

I'd say, without accounting for draft choices and only looking at rosters to this point in time we are a floor of 6-11 and a ceiling of 11-6 type of team. Last year I said 5-11 to 9-7 I believe (if memory serves). 

I understand 6-11 to 11-6 is a lot of wiggle room. I actually feel we'll be closer to what you said, but I was just using a floor/ceiling predictor at the moment.

The scary part is where we'd be without some of these signings...

Heinicke is good enough to win us games. I guarantee it. Question is: Can he stay healthy enough? Without Jackson/Samuel/Fitz I'd have us at a floor of 3-14 and a ceiling of 8-9.

Our Schedule is tough this year, no doubt.  However, there are only 3 games different between us and the rest of the division:

Us (@ Buffalo, @GB, Sea)

NYG (@ Miami, @ Chicago, LAR)

Dal (@ NE, @ Min, AZ)

Phi (@ NYJ, @ Det, SF)

Philly is rebuilding, so I see the division as a three team race.  Our matchup with Buffalo is certainly is likely loss, but Dallas isn't probably favored against NE (especially with the FA upgrades), and ditto Miami and the Giants.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Moehrig, Cox, Leatherwood, Felton would check every box, but I definitely do agree.

Werner, Sterns, Christensen, Patterson/Borghi is the bargain version of that and I like them both somewhat equally :ols:

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Our Schedule is tough this year, no doubt.  However, there are only 3 games different between us and the rest of the division:

Us (@ Buffalo, @GB, Sea)

NYG (@ Miami, @ Chicago, LAR)

Dal (@ NE, @ Min, AZ)

Phi (@ NYJ, @ Det, SF)

Philly is rebuilding, so I see the division as a three team race.  Our matchup with Buffalo is certainly is likely loss, but Dallas isn't probably favored against NE (especially with the FA upgrades), and ditto Miami and the Giants.  

I hate the predict the season ahead of the season game... Because injuries and lame duckness always shows its face and screws the whole thing up. That's why I kind of enjoy the floor/ceiling game. 

I'd say our whole division is close in floor/ceiling... Philly I'm curious on. Right now I'd agree they are the dungeon dweller but again, a lot can happen. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Looking ahead: Washington needs to find a long snapper and while no names have emerged those who have called have been told they have a list. It still needs a TE; they did make an early offer to one of the top TE's available, though it's uncertain which one. It wants to add an OT as well. Washington knows the draft can help in many areas it wants to fortify (OT, TE, LB). Like last offseason, a big key now is strengthening the depth in multiple areas.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer41m ago

Interesting to hear keim lead with long snapper, and barely mention LB.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Interesting to hear keim lead with long snapper, and barely mention LB.

I thought the C/G we signed yesterday, Tyler Lawson was the LS we signed to replace Sundberg.  Guess not.  We shall see what shakes out.

11 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Good god. Payne needs to be a life long WFT player. Rewatching games makes you realize just how special that guy really is. 

IMO, if Washington wants to continue to have a dominant DL for the next several years, they must retain at a minimum Young, Sweat, and Payne.  There are three more outstanding DLs to choose from among Allen, Ion, and Settle.  What an embarrassment of riches! 

Edited by cakmoney61

9 minutes ago, carex said:

I wonder if there's any LB on the trading block we might look at

Yeah you do wonder if there are those kind of trades out there. Getting the QB, WR and replacement CB in already certainly takes the top off our requirements.

I thought the same regarding TE, must be some surplus around the league. Would think NE have a couple if nothing else :ols: