Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

37 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Even with the improvements; I’d say 9-8 or 10-7.

Given our defense is in year 2 of JDR, we have much better QB security and play, add in the free agent signings and draft picks we pick up and I see at least 10 wins and likely 11 or 12 in a very weak NFC East. If healthy we are a SB contender in the NFC...Fitz is not gonna waste this opportunity.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

IMO, if Washington wants to continue to have a dominant DL for the next several years, they must retain at a minimum Young, Sweat, and Payne.  There are three more outstanding DLs to choose from among Allen, Ion, and Settle.  What am embarrassment of riches! 

Considering what they spent to acquire these guys, it would be great if WFT extends them. But yeah, we know what works. Now the guys with the checkbook need to find a way to make it happen. 

• Like 1

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen signed;Sundberg, Darby, KPL out
3 minutes ago, duffy said:

Considering what they spent to acquire these guys, it would be great if WFT extends them. But yeah, we know what works. Now the guys with the checkbook need to find a way to make it happen. 

we need to develop a couple of rookie LBs so we have them on board for 3-4 years, same at DB when contract on the likes of Fuller/Jackson expire. Next couple of years need to keep working on picking up LBs and DBs to counter the impending cost of that DL.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I’m one of the most cynical people on here in recent years but...live a little, man. You weren’t always like this, come back to us

No, I get it.  Most of the last 29 years of Washington football has left most of us with a severe case of PTSD.  Peregrine's PTSD is obviously significantly worse than the vast majority of us.  How quickly we forget the horrors, the hopes crushed, the embarrassment, the shame, and the countless disappointments of the last 29 years! 

Many of us are still shell-shocked.  One question:  How many times did you go into or were tempted to go into the fetal position after a bad game, a bad half, a bad quarter, a bad series, or even a bad play last year?  Why?  Because many of us are still suffering from the PTSD imputed on us from almost three decades of fan abuse from watching a wretched football organization and team.      

We were only 7-9 last year.  Peregrine, like many others, needs to see more tangible improvement which can only happen on the field of battle.  What we need to see is domination once again.  That would go a long way to healing what ails us all which has been the losing of football games in every possible way painfully imaginable. 

Give him time.  He heals when he heals...if he and those like him ever heal. 

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let's go get Anthony Harris and bring him home.  He's a local guy from Richmond, Va. and he would solidify the Safety position with Cam Curl. At that point, add a couple good LB'ers in the draft and our defense would be the most dominant unit in the NFL. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

So putting this together sounds like in past tense.  They offered (guessing Jonnu/Henry) and those TEs declined.  I really believe Arnold would be be a good p/u if they choose to make an offer to him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

No, I get it.  Most of the last 29 years of Washington football has left most of us with a severe case of PTSD.  Peregrine's PTSD is obviously significantly worse than the vast majority of us.  How quickly we forget the horrors, the hopes crushed, the embarrassment, the shame, and the countless disappointments of the last 29 years! 

Many of us are still shell-shocked.  One question:  How many times did you go into or were tempted to go into the fetal position after a bad game, a bad half, a bad quarter, a bad series, or even a bad play last year?  Why?  Because many of us are still suffering from the PTSD imputed on us from almost three decades of fan abuse from watching a wretched football organization and team.      

We were only 7-9 last year.  Peregrine, like many others, needs to see more tangible improvement which can only happen on the field of battle.  What we need to see is domination once again.  That would go a long way to healing what ails us all which has been the losing of football games in every possible way painfully imaginable. 

Give him time.  He heals when he heals...if he (and those like him) ever heals. 

You summed up the last few decades fairly well there.

While aiming for domination is commendable, I'd just like to see us become a stable, competent & competitive team. Maybe save thoughts of being a dominant team for a year or two (or after Brady retires, whichever is the sooner 😃).

• Like 1

KJ Wright makes too much sense for this D. Hoping they are biding their time to gas up the riverboat and make him the qb of this D. I wouldnt wait too long to make this happen. For me, it’s the number 1 priority move we could make as of today. Would be huge for this D to secure this dude now. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

KJ Wright makes too much sense for this D. Hoping they are biding their time to gas up the riverboat and make him the qb of this D. I wouldnt wait too long to make this happen. For me, it’s the number 1 priority move we could make as of today. Would be huge for this D to secure this dude now. 

Agree.  To me my favorites left right now are him, Anthony Harris, Ertz (if he gets released), Dan Arnold.   I wouldn't hate doubling down at WR if they can get TY Hilton cheap.

Go Ravens

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that number likely excludes the Curtis Samuel contract, so deduct another 4/5mil off that number.

30 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Let's go get Anthony Harris and bring him home.  He's a local guy from Richmond, Va. and he would solidify the Safety position with Cam Curl. At that point, add a couple good LB'ers in the draft and our defense would be the most dominant unit in the NFL. 

Exactly this. Get Harris as the #1 priority at this stage.

41 minutes ago, London Kev said:

You summed up the last few decades fairly well there.

While aiming for domination is commendable, I'd just like to see us become a stable, competent & competitive team. Maybe save thoughts of being a dominant team for a year or two (or after Brady retires, whichever is the sooner 😃).

I used the word "domination" not as an expectation for this year or next year, but as the cure for those of us who are consciously and subconsciously still battling years of emotional abuse.

• Like 1