Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On the Golladay thing, I heard his agent turned down 18 million a year from the Lions previously.  So it looks like they are trying to save face.  

This is not going to end well. Team aren't stupid and won't pay that for Golladay, is he worth more than Allen Robinson? Hell no. I think in this market he's about a 14.5m a year guy. 

The Bengals have a 1 year offer right now that I think Galloday could take (as a 3rd rounder, he hasn't made near enough relative to 1st round WRs).  Cincy needs a WR to pair with Higgins (Boyd can move to the slot).

17 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Not much reaction to the David Mayo signing, as far as I can tell.  What do we think about that signing?

I am trying to find out more about that too.  Thanks for bringing it up.  Right now it looks like if we can get Slater or Darsaw in the first, lb, safety in second and third, te in third or fourth we are looking great

23 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This is not going to end well. Team aren't stupid and won't pay that for Golladay, is he worth more than Allen Robinson? Hell no. I think in this market he's about a 14.5m a year guy. 

I waver about whether I'd want Golladay on the Gaints if it pushes close to 18 million.  On one hand loved to see their cap stapped like that.  On the other hand that team is sorely missing IMO two things a #1 WR and a pass rusher.  I'd like to see them miss out on both albeit they probably get 1 of the 2 with the 11th pick in the draft.

11 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

The Bengals have a 1 year offer right now that I think Galloday could take (as a 3rd rounder, he hasn't made near enough relative to 1st round WRs).  Cincy needs a WR to pair with Higgins (Boyd can move to the slot).

Was listening to a Ciny reporter yesterday talk about Jackson and then was asked about Golladay and he thought they weren't that serious about him at that point.  If so, I think its between the Bears, Giants and maybe the Ravens.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I waver about whether I'd want Golladay on the Gaints if it pushes close to 18 million.  On one hand loved to see their cap stapped like that.  On the other hand that team is sorely missing IMO two things a #1 WR and a pass rusher.  I'd like to see them miss out on both albeit they probably get 1 of the 2 with the 11th pick in the draft.

Was listening to a Ciny reporter yesterday talk about Jackson and then was asked about Golladay and he thought they weren't that serious about him at that point.  If so, I think its between the Bears, Giants and maybe the Ravens.  

Yeah, they hit big on Higgins last year.  I figure they do anything they can to ensure they get Sewell at 5 and then take a skill guy with their 2nd.  Hopefully Baltimore signs Galloday.  Maybe Indy goes after him?  They haven't spent much of anything (although to be fair, they are saving for extensions to Nelson and Leonard).

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I waver about whether I'd want Gollday on the Gaints if it pushes close to 18 million.  On one hand loved to see their cap stapped like that.  On the other hand that team is sorely missing IMO two things a #1 WR and a pass rusher.  I'd like to see them miss out on both albeit they probably get 1 of the 2 with the 11th pick in the draft.

I want the Giants to get him for that much, I feel like he's high-risk, unlike Samuel who feels untapped and seems to have a better head on his shoulders. I still think the Giants will be better than the Cowboys, I feel like the overall persona of the Cowboys is they think they are special already, when in reality they are soft as butter. You get a little physical with them and they fold like lawn chairs.

I think what hurts the Giants the most is their lack of high-end talent apart from Barkley, Williams, and Bradberry. There's some good players sprinkled in there like Martinez, Slayton, Lawrence, and Peppers but after that it starts to get really muddy.