Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

24 minutes ago, method man said:

His career has certainly been derailed by injuries but he has found a way to stay healthy the past couple seasons (played 16 games both years). I’d stash Reyes on IR this season and use this as a redshirt year for him. I have trouble believing he can contribute this year - TE takes even the better prospects a year or two to pick up at the pro level. Kmet, Hock and Fant are examples of that.

This was another mistake of not taking Mason over Bates by the way (I know you agree). Mason has position flex as a blocking TE and short yardage back and could’ve helped to boot Barber off the roster. Lets not forget - fullback too. There’s a reason the Ravens took him in the 5th despite already having Ricard

Would have to get creative to stash Reyes on IR... especially if he doesn’t get hurt :ols:

I don’t really see a need for Fells or Eifert personally. Don’t particularly need a pass catcher and we have a blocker.

We also still have Ernest Hemingway that now has had some developmental time and another couple of bodies to block. 

Bates will be fine as a blocking tight end. I would have preferred Mason or Tremble for their versatility, but as far as in line blocking tight ends that can catch the ball if necessary Bates is cool.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, skinny21 said:

but what really has me hopeful is that we should have much better qb play.  

I'm hopeful for that reason and all the other additions as well but what's got me the most hopeful for next season is not any additions or subtractions at all, it's just that it's year two.

Last year new regime, whole new front office, new coaching staff and if that weren't enough change they were trying to install an entirely new defense and offense during a pandemic while fighting cancer.

I think with the new additions and a fairly normal off-season this team could make a big leap next year.

Our schedule is tough and that will almost certainly reflect in our record but I think we'll win a few more games and look much better in our losses and that's the next step towards consistently winning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

5D32C2BF-A038-43B0-B2BF-E425C9B22577.jpeg.7a67f27b11ed67c3dcf768fe0cb1a907.jpeg

Reyes is going to make the roster. Can’t stash him safely on the practice squad.

But, Reyes does qualify for the practice squad, right? TC will be more fun keeping an eye out for Reyes but I find it difficult to believe he makes the practice squad much less the 53.

1 minute ago, JaxJoe said:

But, Reyes does qualify for the practice squad, right? TC will be more fun keeping an eye out for Reyes but I find it difficult to believe he makes the practice squad much less the 53.

Can't protect him on the PS. 

If a team that really only has two tight ends active likes him as a developmental prospect than they are going to take him. 

I'd surmise he's inactive game day but if he shows an inkling of the promise they think he has they will keep him rostered.

If he looks totally lost and hopeless they'd probably outright cut him. But there's a ton of available tight ends to fill a 3rd TE/blocking role. And we have enough pass catchers even if Logan Thomas goes down.

I'm literally not concerned at all at this point with having an active 3rd TE.

Though the plan could always be 4 tight ends on the roster. I don't know why, but they could. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Bottom line he makes the team or he's waived and can be put on the PS.  We will know if he's worth it or not.  He's got to hit the field and we will know via training camp/preseason. 

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sjinhan said:

WR Davante Adams,

CB Jaire Alexander,

T David Bakhtiari,

G Elgton Jenkins,

RB Aaron Jones,

QB Aaron Rodgers

LB Za'Darius Smith 

These are GB Packers Pro Bowlers.  How many of then would have made it to the Pro Bowl if they had WFT’s QBs last year?

If Rodgers was on WFT last year, we probably would have had more Pro Bowlers than what GB had last year.  

All of them.  

Are you suggesting a guy like Davante Adams isn't the real deal and is propped up by Rodgers?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Would have to get creative to stash Reyes on IR... especially if he doesn’t get hurt :ols:

I don’t really see a need for Fells or Eifert personally. Don’t particularly need a pass catcher and we have a blocker.

We also still have Ernest Hemingway that now has had some developmental time and another couple of bodies to block. 

Bates will be fine as a blocking tight end. I would have preferred Mason or Tremble for their versatility, but as far as in line blocking tight ends that can catch the ball if necessary Bates is cool.

I don’t think you understand how lucky we were last year that Logan stayed healthy for 16 games, especially given his usage. If he goes down, who is the receiving threat at the position? Don’t tell me Reyes, a guy who has never played a down of football. (I’m sure they can use some minor ding ad an excuse to out Reyes on IR. High likelihood he suffers at least a minor injury in TC, playing football for the first time)

We can all hope on Hemingway but he hasn’t shown anything to give you confidence to pencil him in on the roster.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, method man said:

I don’t think you understand how lucky we were last year that Logan stayed healthy for 16 games, especially given his usage. If he goes down, who is the receiving threat at the position? Don’t tell me Reyes, a guy who has never played a down of football. (I’m sure they can use some minor ding ad an excuse to out Reyes on IR. High likelihood he suffers at least a minor injury in TC, playing football for the first time)

We can all hope on Hemingway but he hasn’t shown anything to give you confidence to pencil him in on the roster.

I understand. I’m just not concerned with a pass catcher given our full stable of pass catchers to be 100% honest.

And I think you’re underestimating Bates.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I understand. I’m just not concerned with a pass catcher given our full stable of pass catchers to be 100% honest.

And I think you’re underestimating Bates.

There’s Baugh entering his second year too (not correcting, just throwing that out there).

@redskinssI’ve been pushing that very thing (growth in year 2 of a system) over the years - year 2 of Jay, Barry, Manusky, etc.  Not sure how much validation I’ve gotten, but this is a very different staff, particularly with Del Rio (stud D coordinator) and Turner (still growing as a coordinator/play caller).  So thanks for bringing it up.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Ernest Hemingway drinks too much to be dependable, tbh.

I would need to know that Turner is confident he can run this offense if Thomas got hurt.  He took 90+ % of the snaps last season.  If he goes down, it is worrisome.  More than anyone else on offense, IMO.

2 hours ago, CurseReversed said:

If they pay him like a top DT then they probably just expect him to play like one.   He doesnt have to become Cox overnight to do it either, he just has to do what they want him to do and do it well.      Remember this D only had one shortened season to get on the same page with a new scheme and a lot of new technique.   Allen could still have a lot of room to grow. 

So they pay him as though he's an All-Pro DT and then hope that he'll become one after they pay him that way? That sounds sorta backwards to me. 

And yes, maybe he can improve, but I think like many Bama guys he was a very pro-ready prospect when he came out. Add to that the fact that his athleticism is more or less mediocre and I'm not that sure he has much room to grow. I think he kinda is who he is at this point. A guy who's great in the locker room and a good player, but not a game changer type.

That being said, good players who aren't elite do get overpaid. I think the Giants overpaid on Leonard Williams. That being said, Williams DID put up some impressive numbers last season with 11.5 sacks. So he certainly had that to bargain with when asking for a big payday.

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I would need to know that Turner is confident he can run this offense if Thomas got hurt.  He took 90+ % of the snaps last season.  If he goes down, it is worrisome.  More than anyone else on offense, IMO.

Less concerning is adding WR2,WR3 and WR4 to the offense. 

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If Turner is worth his salt as a Coordinator he uses guys like McKissick, Milne (if he makes it), Humphries, Gibson, Bates, Reyes (if he can get a few concepts down), Samuel, McLaurin in various ways to offset Thomas. 

• Like 2

https://nfltraderumors.co/bears-releasing-lt-charles-leno/

Bears Releasing LT Charles Leno. Started all 16 games.

29 years old

Rated 28 out pf 79 qualifiers by PFF

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://nfltraderumors.co/washington-cutting-wr-jeff-badet/

Washington Cutting WR Jeff Badet

Edited by SemperFi Skins
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/bears-releasing-lt-charles-leno/

Bears Releasing LT Charles Leno. Started all 16 games.

29 years old

Rated 28 out pf 79 qualifiers by PFF

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://nfltraderumors.co/washington-cutting-wr-jeff-badet/

Washington Cutting WR Jeff Badet

I just did the whole damn roster and they go and cut the Badet. Damn you.

Not you, you. But you as in them.

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Carolina has his rights I think. I wouldn’t give that man up.

Probably right.  Not sure.    But i gather if the idea if he's going to play there would be some indication of that.  None of that yet -- granted the story is just coming out now

This defense with Luke Kuechly would be laughably dominant. If they aren't the best defense in the league it would be a disappointment. We could always trade with the Panthers to acquire his rights, but I highly doubt he comes back and plays, even though I'm sure he's still more than capable. 

• Like 2