Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Nah, at least we have Moreland (and I'm not a huge Moreland fan).  We have no TEs on the roster besides Logan Thomas.  Its arguably our weakest position.

What's up with Thad Moss? Isn't he still a WFT asset?

Trade: #Eagles have traded picks No. 6 and No. 156 overall to the Dolphins in exchange for No. 12 overall, No. 123 overall, and a 2022 first-round pick.

34 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

edit:  Man, Miami has 2 1sts in 2021, 2022 and 2023.  Jerks.

Depends on which way you look at it.... Rams never have first round picks and will still be the better team of the two.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I totally agree with Keim 1000% on this, SIP.  As far as I know the 2022 draft will lack in quality at the QB position so this is the year to draft one.  It really has to be this year.  Don't you think?  Who do you like the best fitting their scheme under Turner's O (i.e., Fantastic 4, Mac Jones, Newman, Trask, Mond etc.)?

I really don't think it happens.  Scherff is guaranteed 18 mill this year more than any FA signed and will walk next year hoping to be the highest paid LOT in the NFL.  They need a LOT this year in Rd. 1 or Rd 2 and no later than those rounds.  

Does it really matter that much? Taking a "bad" QB in a "good" QB draft year or a "good" QB in a "bad" QB year, one is still likely to end up in the same spot. With nothing. 2018 was a very good QB draft and Mason Rudolph was taken in the early third round. But he's still not a viable starter. If I'm picking between Randolph and Haskins, I suppose one can have preferences. But it ultimately does not matter much. Any pick would be an extreme long shot to ever matter.

4 hours ago, Panninho said:

I like that we want to add another CB. The good thing here is that there are still a lot of pretty decent options out there.

We could either add another outside corner and move Fuller to the slot. Richard Sherman, Casey Heyward and AJ Bouye are still out there.

We could also add a slot corner and keep Fuller outside. Brian Poole and Steven Nelson would be great options for that. I'd also take a look at Nickell Robey-Coleman. He was pretty bad with the Eagles last year. But he had a couple of strong years before that and the Eagles were just a mess last season.

The division is already pretty strong at WR (Cowboys with 3 really good WRs, Giants also pretty decent) and you have to expect that at least the Eagles will add someone at WR and or TE in one of the first two rounds (potentially Pitts, Waddle, Smith or Chase). So it's for sure money well spent if we further upgrade the CB room.

I would say no to Bouye honestly.... I live out here in Denver and all they do is trash talk him, from fans to radio personalities. He isn't worth it.

4 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

As we can see from the Humphries signing, teams are going to be cutting good players that have bad contracts. The Titans saved a lot of money by cutting Humphries, but he’s a good player. I expect we will continue to take advantage of the situation, especially after the draft, when teams were able to draft cheaper replacements. I expect we target CB and TE with some of the unexpected cuts, and get some good one year or short term deals.

Not sure I'd expect much of a post draft cut spree. There's a few every year, maybe somewhere like 20-30 guys, though many are very low level. So maybe you find someone in that group. But it's a generally lackluster assortment. Most of the talent that will be available has already been made available. So I'm not holding my breath on anything, but you never really know.

Darryl Roberts

Expectations heading into 2020

The Lions signed Roberts to a one-year, $2 million deal a month after the New York Jets cut him free.

Roberts was expected to take on a depth role, seeing as Desmond Trufant, Jeff Okudah, and Justin Coleman were expected to be the starters out of training camp. However, with skills as both an inside and outside cornerback, as well as some special teams experience, Roberts had more than enough value to land a spot on the 53-man roster.

Actual role in 2020

11 games (5 starts): 39 tackles, 6 passes defended, 1 INT
PFF grade: 54.3 on defense

Almost immediately, the Lions cornerbacks were decimated by injury. Justin Coleman was placed on injured reserve after Week 1. Desmond Trufant missed five of his first seven games of the season. Jeff Okudah entered the season on a bum hamstring.

So Roberts was tested immediately, and it didn’t go particularly well. Playing mostly at the nickel position, Roberts allowed a passer rating of 109.6 in 2020 per PFF and his overall grade of 54.3 ranked 95th among 121 qualifying corners. He also did not contribute much on special teams.

However, it’s worth noting that none of the Lions’ cornerbacks played particularly well, which brings into question coaching development and scheme decisions. Among all Lions cornerbacks with significant snaps on defense, Roberts’ PFF grade was actually the highest.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/2/23/22295984/2021-detroit-lions-free-agent-profile-darryl-roberts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2