Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

9 hours ago, ODU AGGIE said:

I know we are all familiar with the Heinicke Pylon Dives at ODU, with the Vikings and against the Bucs. But I absolutely forgot that he also did one with the Panthers. Something tells me we will see another one the next time the situation calls for it.

Maybe the Heinicke DIVE has surpassed Penn State's Lavar Leap, as the most legendary football jump. :D

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I like Heinicke.

But hopefully by now, everyone realizes that when I go overboard in the Heinicke hype, it's only like a satire post, and having fun with it.

I don't actually believe that Heinicke is the next Tom Brady.

I mean, Duh, he plays more like Brett Favre, than Brady ;)

Heiny, based on one game, is more a combination of Drew Brees and RGlll.....He's a slinger with wheels. Anyone who says different clearly didn't watch the Tampa playoff game. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Unfair though it is, all I remember about him is the @Bang version.

😄  Sorry about that. (All of that stemmed from him asking for a piece of gum and sounding so mincy..)
I made fun of him, but I loved how he played. I did that one of him taking over the Eagles and all the fans jumping off the building, but then he went and won something like 8 in a row and got them into the playoffs.
Tough SOB. Bet he could probably still play.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Heiny, based on one game, is more a combination of Drew Brees and RGlll.....He's a slinger with wheels. Anyone who says different clearly didn't watch the Tampa playoff game. 

I like my Favre comparison, because it's accurately all rolled into one.

Favre is a slinger too. And he was also a gutsy runner like Heinicke, when he had to run.

I wouldn't compare the running to RG3. He was just pure speed. Heinicke isn't real fast. He's mainly a slippery and crafty runner - like Favre, the slinger/runner.

"But the Bucs didn't have film on him ! Just wait until defenses can gameplan for him. They will neutralize Heinicke's skills !"

We hear that every time a QB does well in his first NFL game. It's like a knee-jerk reaction.

But this wasn't Heinicke's first game. In fact, it was far from it.

WIth his previous team, the Panthers, he played in 6 games during the Regular Season.

Was that not enough film, for the Bucs to fully prepare, plan, and scheme for the young QB ? Yes, there was a bit of uncertainty who would start that game, but this is a playoff game, and it's Arians, Bowles and the Bucs. Surely they prepared for both Heinicke and Smith.  And 6 games is plenty.

In fact, with all that film they had on Heinicke, he actually played even better than when he was with Carolina. Perhaps his best game ; in the playoffs ; against the Bucs ; against a team who had at least 6 professional regular season games on him.

Was that not enough film for them to try and figure him out ?

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

"But the Bucs didn't have film on him ! Just wait until defenses can gameplan for him. They will neutralize Heinicke's skills !"

We hear that every time a QB does well in his first NFL game. It's like a knee-jerk reaction.

But this wasn't Heinicke's first game. In fact, it was far from it.

WIth his previous team, the Panthers, he played in 6 games during the Regular Season.

Was that not enough film, for the Bucs to fully prepare, plan, and scheme for the young QB ? Yes, there was a bit of uncertainty who would start that game, but this is a playoff game, and it's Arians, Bowles and the Bucs. Surely they prepared for both Heinicke and Smith.  And 6 games is plenty.

In fact, with all that film they had on Heinicke, he actually played even better than when he was with Carolina. Perhaps his best game ; in the playoffs ; against the Bucs ; against a team who had at least 6 professional regular season games on him.

Was that not enough film for them to try and figure him out ?

It's not a knee-jerk reaction. it's called reality. Defenses do intense study of the QB they're going to be playing against in the week running up to a game (more in a playoff game) in order to come up with the best game plan they can to disrupt him and the offense. If they literally have almost zero film to study, they have no way to come up with a game plan. So they basically have to go into "react" mode where they play more conservative and see what happens.

And stop the 6 games nonsense. He played in 5 regular season games with the Panthers. Outside of the 1 game he started vs Atlanta (which was bad), he threw 1 pass in each of the other games. 1. Uno. Is it your assertion that the Bucs sat in the film room for a week watching those single passes over and over and over again?

In the run-up to the Bucs game, Heinicke had thrown more than 1 pass in exactly 2 games. One in 2018 and then in the 4th quarter of the Carolina game.

3 hours ago, Bang said:

😄  Sorry about that. (All of that stemmed from him asking for a piece of gum and sounding so mincy..)

And from noted locker room cancer TO's comments. 

Garcia has four kids with his wife, so safe to say TO was wrong:

https://d17e0fxzi1rsso.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/13154304/Screenshot_112.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I like my Favre comparison, because it's accurately all rolled into one.

Favre is a slinger too. And he was also a gutsy runner like Heinicke, when he had to run.

I wouldn't compare the running to RG3. He was just pure speed. Heinicke isn't real fast. He's mainly a slippery and crafty runner - like Favre, the slinger/runner.

Got these times off of the internet....Heiny is pretty fast.

RGlll: 4.41

Heiny: 4.62

Hurts: 4.59

Kyler Murray: 4.31

Deshawn Watson: 4.66

Daniel Jones: 4.82

Burrow: 4.54

Tua: 4.94

Herbert: 4.68

Mike Vick: 4.33

Mayfield: 4.84

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

Live shot of mistertim waiting for someone to say something about heinicke with positive connotations. 

I really don't care that you guys really like Heinicke; it's fine. But blatant and dishonest nonsense like @Malapropismic Depositorythrew out is a bit much for me. The "He played in 6 games. They had plenty of tape!" BS is either being intentionally disingenuous or just flat out ill informed. If it's the latter, then fine...just cop to it, no biggie. If it's the former...knock it off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Vick was on another level. Not just his speed but his juke ability. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

People have picked on Heinicke's height, but he's listed as 3 inches taller than Murray.

Just sayin, if height doesn't hold Murrary back, it shouldn't hold Heinicke back, by itself

I still think he's a poor man's Brett Favre.

Yea, I know some people may say that's an exaggeration, and he's more like a Homeless Man's Favre.

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

People have picked on Heinicke's height, but he's listed as 3 inches taller than Murray.

Just sayin, if height doesn't hold Murrary back, it shouldn't hold Heinicke back, by itself

I still think he's a poor man's Brett Favre.

Yea, I know some people may say that's an exaggeration, and he's more like a Homeless Man's Favre.

I'm honestly trying to understand what the Favre similarities are. Favre didn't really scramble much, though he could extend plays occasionally; he was more of a "sandlot football" guy who improvised a lot (he's admitted that was often because he didn't actually know the plays...lol). He had an insanely strong arm. He had a stocky build. Heinicke doesn't really fit outside of making the occasional off schedule play. He scrambles a fair amount, he has a mediocre arm, and he has a relatively lithe frame.