Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

2 hours ago, zskins said:

You are on to something here when it comes to slight frame. I call it thinner bones ( circumference wise) compared to someone who has thicker bones (fatter). The ticker bones allows one to look more bulky and add more bulk to it. So for the thinner people just having stronger bones makes a huge difference. Adding more muscle and fat helps the bones stay stronger. Taylor just needs to make his bones stronger (weight-bearing or high-impact exercise, which promotes the formation of new bone).

It has begun.

Cue Rocky music...

58e4199b7640f.image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Hey, I am not trying to be nitpicky, but I think a little clarification is needed here. I believe when many people hear the term "separated shoulder" they immediately envision a player leaving the field with their am hanging down loosely because the head of the humerus has been pulled loose from it's joint in the scapula. That condition is not a "seperated shoulder" but is in fact a "dislocated shoulder". So my first point to be clear is that is not what happened to TH. Secondly, a separated shoulder occurs at the acromioclavicular joint, or ac joint, when the ligaments that hold the clavicle to the scapula are torn. That also is not what happened to TH. Heinicke suffered an ac joint sprain, confirmed by xrays, and from what I could ascertain, an injury of this type is not cause for a player having to leave the game.

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/taylor-heinicke-suffers-ac-joint-sprain/824207

Cheers!

Dude, it's an injury and not an insignificant one. Heinicke got injured. Yes he played through it, but many times in that situation the player would be pulled, depending on how bad it is. But again: he did get injured. 

What you wrote is sort of like saying that a guy who suffers a sprained ankle isn't actually injured because he didn't break it. 

It comes in black, too...and sweaters and hoodies, and even a dress (see to the right of picture, in the thumbnails)

Also, part of The Legend of Taylor Heinicke, is the incident in Minnesota -

so they really need a shirt like this, except with a pic of him kicking in the glass front door of his buddy's place.

the-legend-of-taylor-heinicke-shirt-shirt.jpg

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3

I bet a lot of Vikings fans were not surprised by his impressive game against the playoff Bucs.

Vikings fans and media viewed him as a "Preseason Rockstar", to the point that Minnesota newspapers wrote an article about him, even after his Washington start. And how impressive it was.

Former Vikings QB Taylor Heinicke impresses in playoffs for Washington

https://thevikingage.com/2021/01/09/former-vikings-qb-taylor-heinicke-playoffs-washington/

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I bet a lot of Vikings fans were not surprised by his impressive game against the playoff Bucs.

Vikings fans and media viewed him as a "Preseason Rockstar", to the point that Minnesota newspapers wrote an article about him, even after his Washington start. And how impressive it was.

Former Vikings QB Taylor Heinicke impresses in playoffs for Washington

https://thevikingage.com/2021/01/09/former-vikings-qb-taylor-heinicke-playoffs-washington/

I think we all know that the underdog late round/UDFA QB is pretty much always a favorite to some groups of fans for any team (see Brennan, Colt), especially if he flashes a few times. And if you also happen to have crappy starting QBs on your roster currently (Teddy Bridgewater and then Sam Bradford), it makes it all the more alluring.

But let's be honest: Heinicke couldn't beat out Shaun Hill for the 2nd string position so obviously the coaches didn't think he was a rockstar. Then he was let go and bounced around to 3 other teams before being out of football for 2 years and then landing here as an emergency QB. Let's have some perspective. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Dude, it's an injury and not an insignificant one. Heinicke got injured. Yes he played through it, but many times in that situation the player would be pulled, depending on how bad it is. But again: he did get injured. 

Dude definitely went into the locker room and got pumped full of cortisone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

A real conversation-starter in public, I bet. Even if they don't know who he is, especially :)

I like TH, and I'm pretty high on his potential, but let's just say he doesn't win the starting qb competition in the fall and just kind of fades into Bolivia (as mike tyson would say), and he ends up with 0 career wins here, but there is a "legend of taylor heinecke" shirt floating around.   It makes me want one even more now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Let's say he plays a full season, with his game versus Tampa being typical of how he plays all season.  How good does that make him?  How good does that make our team?  Are we a playoff team? Are we a SB contender?  

If that is how he plays and with our D, we would have a decent chance to win every week.  Can he do it?  Yes he can; he already has.  Dream big!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think we all know that the underdog late round/UDFA QB is pretty much always a favorite to some groups of fans for any team (see Brennan, Colt), especially if he flashes a few times. And if you also happen to have crappy starting QBs on your roster currently (Teddy Bridgewater and then Sam Bradford), it makes it all the more alluring.

But let's be honest: Heinicke couldn't beat out Shaun Hill for the 2nd string position so obviously the coaches didn't think he was a rockstar. Then he was let go and bounced around to 3 other teams before being out of football for 2 years and then landing here as an emergency QB. Let's have some perspective. 

My perspective: Heineken played just under 5 quarters of football for my favorite team...and looked damn good for all of them. Not just a few throws here and there showing promise, but damn good through every quarter played. Not top 10, not undeniable franchise QB, just damn good. Don't give a rat's ass if he sucked or not 5 years ago or how many teams brought him in but didn't keep him. I mean, Romo couldn't beat out Quincy Carter lol...Kurt Warner was bagging groceries. We had him, he played well enough to impress Rivera as well as a lot more people than just WFT fans (Cowboys fans were especially hilarious in their reactions lol). That's enough right now, in February, to keep me happy and optimistic about his chances. Check back with me around the draft an I might be feeling different lol...but right now I'm gladly pushing doubts about both Heineken and Kyle Allen to the back of my mind (hell, even about Alex Smiff).

Edited by Califan007
Sumbish...one stinkin' typo.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Let's say he plays a full season, with his game versus Tampa being typical of how he plays all season.  How good does that make him?  How good does that make our team?  Are we a playoff team? Are we a SB contender?  

If that is how he plays and with our D, we would have a decent chance to win every week.  Can he do it?  Yes he can; he already has.  Dream big!!!

I'm with you, I'm high on TH too.  If the FO decides to go all in on TH and dedicate resources elsewhere in FA, maybe trade back from 19 and add day 2 picks to fill various holes, and TH plays like he did vs TB over a full season, we are a SB contender assuming our big cats stay healthy.  He was great in every facet.  

I'm all about being optimistic, but playing devil's advocate, if every qb could prorate their best game ever over a 16 game sample, we would have a world full of all pros.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm with you, I'm high on TH too.  If the FO decides to go all in on TH and dedicate resources elsewhere in FA, maybe trade back from 19 and add day 2 picks to fill various holes, and TH plays like he did vs TB over a full season, we are a SB contender assuming our big cats stay healthy.  He was great in every facet.  

I'm all about being optimistic, but playing devil's advocate, if every qb could prorate their best game ever over a 16 game sample, we would have a world full of all pros.

That's the thing though. The FO has already indicated that they're looking to be aggressive to get their franchise QB (while not overpaying). And Rivera has also basically said that while Heinicke played well, he still has doubts (without literally saying those words).

To me, those two things together mean they definitely don't see Heinicke as "the guy", or even close, right now. Will he get a chance? Sure. But they're openly looking for someone better. They liked him enough to give him a moderate 2 year contract, but I'm thinking they probably see him more as a backup at the moment. 

And yeah, taking such a small sample size of a guy's best play and more or less saying "if we extrapolate this over a whole season of play, we're a SB contender" is nonsensical. And I think it's really just setting ourselves up for disappointment if/when he comes back down to earth.

If you take the two games Heinicke has started in his career, average them, and then extrapolate that...it's much less flattering. But even that is still nonsensical because it's still only two games.

Edited by mistertim

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I like TH, and I'm pretty high on his potential, but let's just say he doesn't win the starting qb competition in the fall and just kind of fades into Bolivia (as mike tyson would say), and he ends up with 0 career wins here, but there is a "legend of taylor heinecke" shirt floating around.   It makes me want one even more now.

I bought it because I will never forget that game. Regardless on how his career is from here on out.

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

11 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

I bought it because I will never forget that game. Regardless on how his career is from here on out.

To me, it's like The Legend of Babe Laufenberg.

I don't even think he ever took a regular season snap as a Redskin, yet you could say he became a legend in Washington, to all who are old enough to remember his playing days.

So, if the Babe can be a legend, having done so little or nothing in Washington, then certainly the Tay can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

It’s a fun way to look at it.  I think we’d be a very dangerous team if he were to play at roughly that level all next season.  With the right pieces added - backer and receiver in particular - and some injury luck, we’d absolutely be contenders.  

I have a lot of trouble seeing him getting through the season healthy though, or playing at that level consistently.  Here’s to him proving me wrong...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Reading this thread, you'd think Heinicke went out and threw for 450 yards and 5 TDs and no INTs.

He had 306 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 59% completion, and 78.4 rating. It's good but not amazing...and certainly not "legendary". 

This place is weird sometimes.

tenor (52).gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

To me, it's like The Legend of Babe Laufenberg.

I don't even think he ever took a regular season snap as a Redskin, yet you could say he became a legend in Washington, to all who are old enough to remember his playing days.

So, if the Babe can be a legend, having done so little or nothing in Washington, then certainly the Tay can.

I know the name, but I don't know a thing about him.  Was he a cult of colt type thing?