Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

32 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm just glad that we are the team, that gets to determine whether or not that is an issue.

And regardless of how he turns out ultimately, no matter how great, good, or bad he becomes, just look at what it cost us, to take that valid risk.

I'm not drunk...two beers in right now but I seriously see a lot of Drew Brees in Heinicke, mostly as a competitor. Size, confidence, arm, pocket awareness, extending plays.....give this man some weapons and stay out of his way!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm not drunk...two beers in right now but I seriously see a lot of Drew Brees in Heinicke, mostly as a competitor. Size, confidence, arm, pocket awareness, extending plays.....give this man some weapons and stay out of his way!

It can be both. Him a smart little dude and you already drunk. :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The only thing, ONLY THING TH lacks is body mass to take the hits from 300lb Lineman and decent sized LBs.  He can't avoid all of them.  He needs to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle to his frame if he can.  If he can, good to go.  Love the guy and think he has the "IT" factor. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The only thing, ONLY THING TH lacks is body mass to take the hits from 300lb Lineman and decent sized LBs.  He can't avoid all of them.  He needs to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle to his frame if he can.

If that's the case, why is it a much scrawnier guy like this, could withstand over 20 years of beating from DLmen and LBers tryin to kill him, but still managed to play almost every game through those 2 decades without bulking up ?

Maybe Muscle Don't Matters ?

Tom.jpg

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If that's the case, why is it a much scrawnier guy like this, could withstand over 20 years of beating from DLmen and LBers tryin to kill him, but still managed to play almost every game through those 2 decades without bulking up ?

Tom.jpg

Dude, I love TH and said what I said.  You saw what happened in his first start.  He almost had to come out of the game.  Don't you think what I said makes sense.  IF not, oh well then.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

The injury prone thing is my only concern with him. I honestly do think he could be great.

It has been discussed that he is not injury prone though. In the Tampa game he was slammed to the ground on his left shoulder and then he landed on the already hurt left shoulder. In the off-season he will work out and get more muscle and strength. That should be good enough for him. 

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude, I love TH and said what I said.  You saw what happened in his first start.  He almost had to come out of the game.  Don't you think what I said makes sense.  IF not, oh well then.

It still may be speculation to say that his injury or injuries, are the result of lack of muscle on his frame. Perhaps most players would have gotten hurt on those plays.

I'm not gonna blame him though. Because he was building his brain muscles on Finals, before we signed him, so he barely had time to bulk up

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

In Brady's case the ball leaves his hand in less than 2.2 seconds. Brady uses his brain muscles instead. :)

Edited by zskins
  • Like 3

Ok that's it.

We need the equivalent of a Godwin's law in football. The first person to bring up Tom Brady in a debate about a low round QB automatically loses.

Stop bringing up Tom Brady. Stop. For the love of god.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If this has been posted (I'm sure it has been), I apologize. 

https://www.panthers.com/news/scott-turner-believed-in-taylor-heinicke-when-no-one-else-did

Scott Turner obviously sees something special in Heinicke. He has picked him up at Minny, Carolina, and now with us. It's no wonder why he's so loyal to Turner, if he ever makes it and becomes a big time QB, he'll owe that to Turner for being the only coach to give him a chance when nobody else would. If I'm not mistaken he has about 5 years under Turners offense, which is astounding and something that will give him a leg up on a new QB coming in. I've noticed Turner has his guys that he likes and Ron steps aside and lets him get them, because he trusts Turner's judgement. Turner also pounded the table for Gibson in the 3rd round last year, it seems like he has a puzzle for what he wants and he's very adamant about guys who he thinks are the right pieces to accomplish the puzzle. Hopefully Heinicke is the QB piece, wouldn't that be something? 

I would love for him to be our Kurt Warner. We just need to keep building the best team we can so when we finally do get that franchise QB, he won't be set up to fail and he'll have weapons. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, zskins said:

It has been discussed that he is not injury prone though. In the Tampa game he was slammed to the ground on his left shoulder and then he landed on the already hurt left shoulder. In the off-season he will work out and get more muscle and strength. That should be good enough for him. 

It can be discussed as much as you'd like, but that doesn't make him a durable, therefor a dependable player.

Turner wasn’t that loyal to Heinicke. We had never heard of him until December. As a street free agent you can argue Heinicke should have been part of our off-season programme in some capacity, if he was that highly thought of. At worst, he could been on our PS.

1 hour ago, zskins said:

So if someone takes a hammer to your shoulder and the hammer wins does that make you less durable?

If you keep tripping over the hammer, yes. He has more injuries than starts. He almost didn't even finish the only game he played for us.

He's been injured in pretty much every game he has ever actually played in. Every single game. How is that not injury prone? lol

If you hurt yourself every time you went to work, it would be a major problem.

Look, I like him and want him to be awesome, but there is zero chance you can say that he is not injury prone until he proves it.

Let's wait until he plays in ONE FULL GAME in his career, then say he isn't injury prone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

If you keep tripping over the hammer, yes. He has more injuries than starts. He almost didn't even finish the only game he played for us.

He's been injured in pretty much every game he has ever actually played in. Every single game. How is that not injury prone? lol

Look, I like him and want him to be awesome, but there is zero chance you can say that he is not injury prone until he proves it.

Let's wait until he plays in ONE FULL GAME in his career, then say he isn't injury prone.

Well, I guess you can say it now, because he did not miss a down in the Bucs game.

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Tom.jpg

Brady doesn't scramble.

Its not just about size either. Lamar and RG3 are pretty much the same size but not the same kind of athlete. Its like having a chin in boxing. 

• Like 2

Heinicke said himself in a Junkies interview, that every pro game he was playing lights out with no regard to injury because he didn't know if that would be his last game every played.  He admitted he could play smarter like running out of bounds at the 2 yard line versus diving for the endzone in that Tampa game then having 4 downs to get it in from the 2.

He definitely needs some bulking up but I get his point. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Well, I guess you can say it now, because he did not miss a down in the Bucs game.

I think @Koolblue13was talking about getting through an entire game without getting injured. Heinicke did get injured in the Bucs game. He had a separated shoulder but played through it. I think that's a one time playoff thing too. Most likely you wouldn't have a guy with that kind of injury return to the game unless it was that sort of situation. 

23 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Heinicke said himself in a Junkies interview, that every pro game he was playing lights out with no regard to injury because he didn't know if that would be his last game every played.  He admitted he could play smarter like running out of bounds at the 2 yard line versus diving for the endzone in that Tampa game then having 4 downs to get it in from the 2.

He definitely needs some bulking up but I get his point. 

I find that this keeps being said. My question is...the guy has been in the NFL for 6 years; wouldn't he have bulked up a bit by now if he could? Maybe he just has a slight frame and can't really put on much extra bulk without losing a lot of mobility.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I find that this keeps being said. My question is...the guy has been in the NFL for 6 years; wouldn't he have bulked up a bit by now if he could? Maybe he just has a slight frame and can't really put on much extra bulk without losing a lot of mobility.

You are on to something here when it comes to slight frame. I call it thinner bones ( circumference wise) compared to someone who has thicker bones (fatter). The ticker bones allows one to look more bulky and add more bulk to it. So for the thinner people just having stronger bones makes a huge difference. Adding more muscle and fat helps the bones stay stronger. Taylor just needs to make his bones stronger (weight-bearing or high-impact exercise, which promotes the formation of new bone).

I haven't followed his timeline but has he ever had a consistent weight training every day and a good offseason with a football team's trainers? 

20 minutes ago, zskins said:

You are on to something here when it comes to slight frame. I call it thinner bones ( circumference wise) compared to someone who has thicker bones (fatter). The ticker bones allows one to look more bulky and add more bulk to it. So for the thinner people just having stronger bones makes a huge difference. Adding more muscle and fat helps the bones stay stronger. Taylor just needs to make his bones stronger (weight-bearing or high-impact exercise, which promotes the formation of new bone).

I haven't followed his timeline but has he ever had a consistent weight training every day and a good offseason with a football team's trainers? 

It's a fair question. It looks like he was with Minny for 2 seasons when he first entered the NFL so I'd assume he had pretty consistent NFL training during that time. But he was also a rookie so it's possible he wasn't really ready for that sort of training and putting on weight yet. It's also possible (and this is pure speculation on my part) that teams and their trainers don't necessarily pay that much attention to UDFAs as opposed to their more premier players and picks. 

After that it was only one team per year so he wouldn't have had full offseasons. So maybe he can put on more weight. Who knows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like him as well and hope he can make it all the way to the starting position. It will all depend on which cards are dealt to him and what he can do with them. 

Anyway, here is a complied list for you and others:

Heinicke went undrafted in the 2015 NFL Draft, but signed with the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent.

On September 3, 2016, Vikings put Heinicke on the reserve/NFI list with an off-the-field injury suffered between minicamp and training camp (trying to break into his own house).

On September 2, 2017, Heinicke was waived/injured by the Vikings and was placed on the injured reserve.

On September 23, 2017, Heinicke was signed to the New England Patriots' practice squad. He was released on October 9, 2017.

On November 29, 2017, Heinicke was signed to the Houston Texans' practice squad. On December 25, Heinicke made his NFL debut against the Pittsburgh Steelers. However, after completing his only pass attempt, Heinicke suffered a concussion.

During the 2018 season he appeared in six games with the Panthers including being named starter for Week 16 against the Atlanta Falcons. During the game he suffered an elbow injury.

November 22, 2019, Heinicke was allocated to the St. Louis BattleHawks before the 2020 XFL Draft. However, he did not see the field during the season and recorded no statistics and had his contract terminated when the league suspended operations in April 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

December 8, 2020, Heinicke signed with the practice squad of the Washington Football Team. He suffered a left shoulder injury during the playoff game but played the whole game. 

@mistertim ha.... i just posted his timeline and then read your response. I had to look it up for myself...lol

Edited by zskins

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think @Koolblue13was talking about getting through an entire game without getting injured. Heinicke did get injured in the Bucs game. He had a separated shoulder but played through it. I think that's a one time playoff thing too. Most likely you wouldn't have a guy with that kind of injury return to the game unless it was that sort of situation. 

Hey, I am not trying to be nitpicky, but I think a little clarification is needed here. I believe when many people hear the term "separated shoulder" they immediately envision a player leaving the field with their am hanging down loosely because the head of the humerus has been pulled loose from it's joint in the scapula. That condition is not a "seperated shoulder" but is in fact a "dislocated shoulder". So my first point to be clear is that is not what happened to TH. Secondly, a separated shoulder occurs at the acromioclavicular joint, or ac joint, when the ligaments that hold the clavicle to the scapula are torn. That also is not what happened to TH. Heinicke suffered an ac joint sprain, confirmed by xrays, and from what I could ascertain, an injury of this type is not cause for a player having to leave the game.

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/taylor-heinicke-suffers-ac-joint-sprain/824207

Cheers!

• Like 1