Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

2 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Love everything about this kid especially his attitude and loyalty (he mentions that Turner believed in him when no one else did and he wants to repay him for that.)

Only major question for me is durability but he has earned the opportunity to compete for a starting job on this team. 

The story about his dad almost got me. We’ve got real people on this team. Like it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petey hodge said:

I love this move!

TH literally put ODU football on the map.  Now he has the chance to earn a trillion bucks, and give back to the Program (btw TH, we still need a new North Endzone renovation) 

DJI_0221-700x420.jpg

Let's go BIG BLUE!

Poor guy, went from playing in that stadium to FedEx Field.  ODU did it right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2021 at 8:50 AM, dckey said:

This is why we're extreme, I'm probably the only one to think this is why I'm not putting any stock in Heinicke performance.  The Bucs never seen him play and had no film on him.  Just like the first game against the Chiefs, the Bucs Defense was getting burned.  Now look at what happened in the second game after they figured Mahomes and the Chiefs Offense out.  This is why you don't judge off of 1 game.

True...but even still...the kid balled out...most fun surprise I’ve had as a redskin since Timmy smith...ok hopefully not a Timmy smith career...or life...but one of the most unexpected showings since the scrub team beating the cowboys...

5 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

Poor guy, went from playing in that stadium to FedEx Field.  ODU did it right.

Yeah, but this is the stadium that Heinicke built. It didn't go up until after he graduated.

1 hour ago, petey hodge said:

Welcome aboard, Aggie!!!

Under the circumstances, more than happy to be here!

• Like 2

I have no idea if Heinicke is the long term answer at quarterback. 

All the concerns about him are very valid and I share those same concerns. 

What I do know is that as a Washington football fan I haven't gotten many opportunities in the last 30 years (makes me cringe when I type that number out) to feel the way I did watching him lead our offense and I desperately wanted him to get a chance to give me more of that feeling and I'm thrilled that he will get that chance.

Now let's go get another veteran quarterback to compete in training camp, a few more offensive weapons and fill out the back end of our defense to make it elite and maybe just maybe we'll have a team we can be truly proud of again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

My impression of Heineke after signing a $8 mil contract. Just kidding around

Haha, gotcha, I misunderstood what you wrote.   I thought a professor was busting his chops about missing a final when he was signed by the skins.  In which case, I would've said the same thing.  Crazy how close he was to a desk job, now is a millionaire.  TH is so happy haskins just had to go to the club.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Haha, gotcha, I misunderstood what you wrote.   I thought a professor was busting his chops about missing a final when he was signed by the skins.  In which case, I would've said the same thing.  Crazy how close he was to a desk job, now is a millionaire.  TH is so happy haskins just had to go to the club.

The universe is cool that way when you do right by the universe. Stay humble, stay focused, work hard and believe. That's it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

If Chase Young is endorsing Heinicke then why shouldn't we believe? 

Because Chase Young is a bust. So why should we believe in a QB he endorses ?

:D

9 hours ago, petey hodge said:

I love this move!

TH literally put ODU football on the map.  Now he has the chance to earn a trillion bucks, and give back to the Program (btw TH, we still need a new North Endzone renovation) 

DJI_0221-700x420.jpg

Let's go BIG BLUE!

The renovation to the North End Zone, of course, will simply consist of a monument, called The Hall of Heinicke.

Especially if he's the one funding it with his trillion dollar NFL contract.

I am imagining a huge statue of Heinicke there, with busts of him, standing every few feet, detailing every one of his accomplishments, and college and NFL records.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, skinzplay said:

I'm a little bit of a homer on Heinicke because I'm an ODU alum. Many years before he graduated, though. But Heinicke is legit! Dude just didn't get the exposure.

Well, didn't someone like Scott Turner say something like, if he went to the NFL combine or Pro Day, he would have had a LOT more NFL interest.

This is looking more and more, like a case of scouting departments missing out on a good one, than it is, some guy who's just a flash in the pan.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Haskins will have a slightly higher cap hit in 2021 than Heinicke.

This may be a ridiculous deal if Heinicke wins the job and balls out for the next 2 years. $4mil pro bowl level QB? ****!

Heinicke seems to be susceptibility to injury because of his size and style of play. Hopefully he chills out on the bang bang plays and shuts that narrative down.

But if they believe he can win, they can spend on a supporting cast this year and protect the little guy in the pocket. If so, I think he'll kill a defense. Accurate, smart, quick decisions when needed, pocket presence, mobile and the team likes him. Reminds me of Russell Wilson. Really the same size. They have Wilson listed at 5'11 and Heineke listed at 6'1. Doesn't matter either way. I actually think Ron admitted he was caught up in some bias'. I think we are going to see a lot of people getting opportunities based on merit under Ron. We saw Cam Sims and many of the defensive backs get opportunities based on performance. I know over the past 20 years we've seen players on the field based on contract and other bull****. I'm liking the new direction. 

• Like 5

Love this. I’ve been touting this guy for too long. I do question his size and durability, but he has the football IQ and athleticism to be really damn good.

he’s quick, elusive, has great pocket presence combined with a mind that can get thru 5 reads in under 3 seconds. Athletic nerd, I welcome that at qb any day.

• Like 4