Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

A part of me knows the real reasons why Heinike is likely to not work out:.

Name is too hard to spell.

Since we failed to keep Trent Green and Kurt Warner goes from out of the league to HOF, I've wanted us to have a guy with a similar story.  My dreams like that never come true.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/12/2021 at 11:42 AM, -JB- said:

He passed the eyeball test.  He was phenomenal in the playoff game.  It’s funny seeing fans talking themselves out of starting Heinicke going forward.  They’d rather do the same ole same ole and trade away a kings ransom just to bring in Stafford who hasn’t won a single playoff game in 12 years just because they’re programmed to always want the shiny new toy SMH

He definitely belongs in the NFL.  Honestly, he might be a genius playing QB.  Every decision he made seemed smart.  I can see why he's been passed over.  He's got a noodle for an arm, and there's no way he's as big as his listed size of 6'1 210.  But it's a pleasure seeing a QB who makes all the right decisions, he's a magician escaping the rush, and he's a surprisingly athletic runner.  It's like watching Fran Tarkenton from back in the day.  Not sure a guy that small who plays like that will last an entire year without getting injured, but I'd like to see him get a chance to compete.  

Edited by Ruzious
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

He definitely belongs in the NFL.  Honestly, he might be a genius playing QB.  Every decision he made seemed smart.  I can see why he's been passed over.  He's got a noodle for an arm, and there's no way he's as big as his listed size of 6'1 210.  But it's a pleasure seeing a QB who makes all the right decisions, he's a magician escaping the rush, and he's a surprisingly athletic runner.  It's like watching Fran Tarkenton from back in the day.  Not sure a guy that small who plays like that will last an entire year without getting injured, but I'd like to see him get a chance to compete.  

Yes it’s like Doug Flutie a guy nobody believed belonged as a starting QB just eluded pressure, made the right reads and won enough games to have garnered plenty of respect.  Why not Heinicke? Especially if the defense continues to get even better going forward.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 6

Heineke and Brees are the same height. Brees is 20 pound heavier. But Brees is not giving you the speed Heineke has. Now before you go off the handle. You know damn well I’m not comparing Taylor to Brees from a talent standpoint. Plus a lot of players are list taller or heavier than they really are. Bottom line the kid balled out in both games he played in for us. What other QB of recent has done that for us? I will say that Scott loves him. We’ll see.

Edited by joeken24
Add
  • Like 4

He was as impressive as I've seen behind center for us in a long time.   Now we are pretty much QB-starved  watching the likes of some that have been under center for 20 plus years and this might be like the Eddie Murphy joke about a starving guy eating crackers and saying "they are the best crackers they've ever had, but he really was dialed in vs. Tampa Bay.   I would love to luck into a QB once like everyone else seems to (Romo, Warner, Prescott, Wilson) and not have to sell the farm to get one.   Hope he gets a little stronger and can keep playing like he did.  We were a much different team with him in there

• Like 2

They once won Super Bowls, now they celebrate plays during games in which they actually lost. 😂

And some of you are probably paying for that shirt...

:rofl89:

I bet Dan keeps all the money, Heine doesn't get any of it.

15 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

well it was a Ritz...that's no ordinary cracker...

Bingo

Heinicke was magical and was a major problem for Tampa Bay.  How many thought that if the Team lost the QB would have been the reason why?  The Team received national respect for their performance and Heinicke (with an assist from Payne) was the main reason why.  He was literally the only reason why.  Starter or not, he needs to be on the team next year.  Admittedly, the sample size is very small, but he could be the best #2 QB in the NFL and could be a short-term fix as a starter if he could stay healthy.

Edited by cakmoney61

His wheels opens up the playbook and was the reason why I wanted to see both him and Smith see the field. He was a major curveball that I think we all knew would give defenses fits, after just seeing him play briefly in his first game.

I no longer want our draft gurus to target immobile QBs especially ones that have horrific mechanics. I don't give a rats ass what they are rated in the draft. Hard pass.  I will take the mobile horrible mechanic guy in the 5th round instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Not sure I agree with that shirt..he had a good game..looked like he was having fun..I'd say that shirt would be more fitting had he lead a comeback win....get it, fitting?..lol

Very punny, I'll bet you have a ton of them up your sleeve 😉 

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 5:13 PM, -JB- said:

Yes it’s like Doug Flutie a guy nobody believed belonged as a starting QB just eluded pressure, made the right reads and won enough games to have garnered plenty of respect.  Why not Heinicke? Especially if the defense continues to get even better going forward.

I was thinking of Flutie and Tarkenton as well.  Theismann and Kyler Murray also come to mind.

Sounds crazy but I almost like him better than Kyler because of the Cinderella story of Heinicke.  I don't think Rivera will mess this up.  He understands that it is not always about the mesurables but more about the intangibles.  I have seen enough to realize that he might be perfect for our situation.

HTTWFT

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

His wheels opens up the playbook and was the reason why I wanted to see both him and Smith see the field. He was a major curveball that I think we all knew would give defenses fits, after just seeing him play briefly in his first game.

I no longer want our draft gurus to target immobile QBs especially ones that have horrific mechanics. I don't give a rats ass what they are rated in the draft. Hard pass.  I will take the mobile horrible mechanic guy in the 5th round instead.

Draft guru = Dan?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bonhommelemec said:

I was thinking of Flutie and Tarkenton as well.  Theismann and Kyler Murray also come to mind.

Sounds crazy but I almost like him better than Kyler because of the Cinderella story of Heinicke.  I don't think Rivera will mess this up.  He understands that it is not always about the mesurables but more about the intangibles.  I have seen enough to realize that he might be perfect for our situation.

HTTWFT

Yes.  I believe that his play suddenly allows for us not to panic for QB and either take another inevitable first round bust or trade too many draft picks for an aging vet like Stafford.  We can stand Pat and go BPA with every pick in this draft.  Plus we don’t have to break the bank for a QB and fan focus our $ elsewhere like locking up Scherff & upgrading LB/WR/S in free agency.  

• Like 4

On 1/14/2021 at 3:47 PM, Darth Tater said:

A part of me knows the real reasons why Heinike is likely to not work out:.

Name is too hard to spell.

Since we failed to keep Trent Green and Kurt Warner goes from out of the league to HOF, I've wanted us to have a guy with a similar story.  My dreams like that never come true.

Joe Theismann changed how his name is pronounced so that it didn't rhyme with "sleaze man". (The official story is that he changed it to rhyme with "Heisman", but while Joey T. came in 2nd in the Heisman competition, he was the undisputed GOAT in the lady's man competition.  Back in 1971, that was an issue.  You think I'm kidding?  In 1971, you couldn't get liquor at restaurants in Va.  You want a scotch with that steak?  Not happening.  *That's* uptight.  So, he changed the pronunciation to "Thighs man", which he was but which the scolds didn't notice because they were all thinking Heisman.*)  So Taylor's going to change his last name to Heineken.  Then he's going to get sued by Heineken for trademark infringement.  They settle it by Heineken paying Heineken $1,000,000 for every game he goes out there with his new name on his jersey (advertisers gotta pay, yo).  How hard is it to spell what will become the #1 beer in the DMV and the #1 beer around the country every time WFT plays on national TV?

*I have a couple of Joe Theismann rookie cards.  The really stupid thing he did was bolt for Canada instead of signing with Miami after being drafted 99th (4th round).  In 1972, Miami went to the SB (against you-know-who).  During the prior offseason, Miami claimed Earl Morrall off waivers to back up Don Griese who got injured in the 5th game.  Morrall started from game 6 through the AFC Championship (Griese returned for the SB).  If Joey T. had signed with Miami in '71, he probably would have been the starting QB in SB VII.  Theismann signed with Washington in 1974 and led the team in punt returns with 15 for 157 yds.

• Like 1

Heinicke has more than a few years of professional coaching.  He stated he modled his play after Drew Brees.  I'd suspect that somebody has put in his ear that he plays like a young Brees.  His size is the same.  So I watched some Drew clips from his Charger highlights and the similarities are there to couple with the stature.  See for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1