Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

19 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

They once won Super Bowls, now they celebrate plays during games in which they actually lost. 😂

And some of you are probably paying for that shirt...

I bet Dan keeps all the money, Heine doesn't get any of it.

This is the most depressing over-syllable'd Haiku I've read on ES in years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

If Heinicke puts on 10-20 pounds of muscle, he'd be the exact same height & weight as Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson. And I bet he becomes more durable, too. Just saying. 

Taylor is 2" taller than Murray and the same weight.  He's a bit taller than Wilson and about #10 less.  So, as a healthcare pro, gym owner and trainer you'd not get the same player abilities if you add #20 lbs.  For all the athletes who publicly state they put on #20 in the off-season, it's not true naturally.  1st you don't get lean muscle mass (the real usable muscle) at a higher rate in trained athletes.  It's because they are already at or very close to their peak.  You can pump them up on PEDs but that's a diminishing return on risk investment if they can't stay on them.  Note that PEDs are excellent for injury rehabilitation.  To add #5 of lean, usable and sustainable muscle to Taylor would be the target.  The PTs and MDs would target injury resolution then core, chest-shoulder-arm strength regimen, and speed.  Together you'd have a healthy, stronger (arm strength), and more elusive and sustainable athlete in 12 weeks at 4-6# (~210 lbs). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Taylor is 2" taller than Murray and the same weight.  He's a bit taller than Wilson and about #10 less.  So, as a healthcare pro, gym owner and trainer you'd not get the same player abilities if you add #20 lbs.  For all the athletes who publicly state they put on #20 in the off-season, it's not true naturally.  1st you don't get lean muscle mass (the real usable muscle) at a higher rate in trained athletes.  It's because they are already at or very close to their peak.  You can pump them up on PEDs but that's a diminishing return on risk investment if they can't stay on them.  Note that PEDs are excellent for injury rehabilitation.  To add #5 of lean, usable and sustainable muscle to Taylor would be the target.  The PTs and MDs would target injury resolution then core, chest-shoulder-arm strength regimen, and speed.  Together you'd have a healthy, stronger (arm strength), and more elusive and sustainable athlete in 12 weeks at 4-6# (~210 lbs). 

Ah I thought he was 190. Yeah 210 seems to be the sweet spot at his height. 

50 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ah I thought he was 190. Yeah 210 seems to be the sweet spot at his height. 

Everybody has him listed at 6'1" #210 but in his interview he scoffed at that and said something like that was generous or something.  In college he was listed as 6'1"  #213

They seem to boost measurables about ~10% or so.  You'd suspect he's 6'+ and ~#200-210 somewhere in there.  The point being he's the mirror stature of Drew Brees.  To increase performance and reliability you want a stronger and more reliable Heinicke.  In doing that properly you'd have a leaner, stronger, and quicker 6' #210.  Definitely what you'd expect from a guy who would be getting a chance of a lifetime. 
If I were training him he'd be doing a lot of shoulder and accessory muscle work, including progressive long toss with a weighted football. 

CPRO-FBW2I-2T.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

So you mean to tell me that Landry way of building mass was incorrect? Lol (just being smart) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

So you mean to tell me that Landry way of building mass was incorrect? Lol (just being smart) 

In all seriousness about PEDs in athletes it's a diminishing return unless you have a super intelligent sports MD designing sustainable progressive program or you're rehabilitating from injury.  More to the point is that the athletes position or sport substantially benefits from it.  Not the case for QBs usually, but definitely is for a Safety.  They are constantly injured and would benefit greatly from PEDs.  Landry's egocentric personality was his demise.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

An interviewer forgetting which one said Taylor flat out told him he was sub 6 foot.  So unless that was misheard I take it as sincere. 

Yeah I saw that butt don't remember exactly what was said, but left me with him being about 6'

Heinicke may not want the spotlight, but his current standing with the Carolina Panthers has forced him into it.

After Cam Newton’s shoulder issues sidelined the Panthers’ starting quarterback for the final two games of last season, Heinicke took his place in Week 16. He was up-and-down in his lone start — throwing for 274 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions — before getting hurt and finishing the year on injured reserve.

“Getting hurt” probably doesn’t do Heinicke’s injury justice — he tore every ligament in his (non-throwing) left elbow and partially tore his triceps.

Now months removed from surgery, Heinicke is back participating fully in practices — and back competing for the job as Newton’s backup.

Generously listed at 6-foot-1 and 210 pounds, Heinicke doesn’t fit the prototypical quarterback mold. In theory, his frame would put him at a disadvantage against competitors Will Grier (6-foot-2) and Kyle Allen (6-foot-3). On top of his smaller size, Heinicke doesn’t have Grier’s high draft position or even Allen’s pedigree of a 5-star high school prospect.

Still, the 26-year-old’s accuracy, intelligence and mobility make him a strong contender.

“If people aren’t careful,” coach Ron Rivera said, “we’re going to overlook him.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article231479928.html

true
true

Carolina Panthers quarterback Taylor Heinicke, center, is competing for the backup quarterback spots Will Grier (3), and Kyle Allen (7). Heinicke has almost recovered from a serious elbow injury suffered last season in his only NFL start. 

53 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Heinecke slapped around this Bucs secondary with a garbage WR corps. Brees is getting smothered. 

Obviously that means Heinecke is better than Brees 🤷‍♂️I don't make the rules. 

Not gonna lie, I’ve been thinking of Heinicke all game while watching Brees. And wondering if we should give him a shot next year. He’s never had that, a chance to go into a season being the guy. Some mop up duty here and there, that’s it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Heinicke played better last week than Brees is playing tonight. That's a fact.

My wife just said the same thing and she's barely paid attention to any of the games this year.  It's clear that Heinicke has a huge grasp on this offense and could be special if he's given a chance and they build around him.

• Like 3

Fresh interview.

Noone - not anyone, can raise jut one eyebrow, like Alex Smith.

He's still got it, folks.

His military rehab Dr said he's seen this injury many times - from roadside bormbs and expIosions.

And the only ones that recovered to his level - were the elite Special Forces.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

25 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Fresh interview.

He's still got it, folks

If he wants to play then come to camp with a new tire and let's see if he can avoid a sack and run play action.  Make it a competition and see.  The issue with Alex is he doesn't push the ball unless he's playing from behind.  If anyone could comeback to camp with a new tire on that broken wheel, it's gotta be him.

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Not gonna lie, I’ve been thinking of Heinicke all game while watching Brees. And wondering if we should give him a shot next year. He’s never had that, a chance to go into a season being the guy. Some mop up duty here and there, that’s it. 

We'll see with the contract he signs.  Likely incentives for being the starter. 

7 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

If he wants to play then come to camp with a new tire and let's see if he can avoid a sack and run play action.  Make it a competition and see.  The issue with Alex is he doesn't push the ball unless he's playing from behind.  If anyone could comeback to camp with a new tire on that broken wheel, it's gotta be him.

We'll see with the contract he signs.  Likely incentives for being the starter. 

Alex with a broken wheel, actually seems more durable than Heinicke.

Heinicke has been injured like 5 times, in the very limited action he's seen in the NFL

44 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Fresh interview.

He's still got it, folks.

His military rehab Dr said he's seen this injury many times - from roadside bormbs and expIosions.

And the only ones that recovered to his level - were the elite Special Forces.

Jesus Christ. After watching that video, I would like to formally apologize to Alex Smith on behalf of the WFT for having to be in the same QB room as Dwayne Haskins.

• Like 1