Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

All I want is to see Heinicke in a legitimate competition with a legitimate shot.  Not wink and nod shot with a first round QB, a blockbuster free agent, or sell the house traded QB.  As it stands, he has that now with Fitzpatrick and Allen.  If he can beat out Fitzpatrick, he will have beaten a legitimate starter caliber QB.  

I think Heinicke has question marks (biggest being whether he can stay healthy) but also a lot of potential.  It would be wonderful if he ends up being the solution for WFT.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The good thing is Fitzpatrick is a great dude and will help Taylor and Kyle, as much as he possibly can, get better. I think it’s highly likely Taylor plays this season, at some point, either because of performance or injury. Hope he’s ready to capitalize. 

Fitz giving advice to younger QB's : "Hey, when in doubt, forget about your reads. Just close your eyes, and shoot for the stars with that ball ! 6 times out of 10, somebody will come down with it. And 5 times out of those 6, it will be a teammate of yours !"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, bearrock said:

All I want is to see Heinicke in a legitimate competition with a legitimate shot.  Not wink and nod shot with a first round QB, a blockbuster free agent, or sell the house traded QB.  As it stands, he has that now with Fitzpatrick and Allen.  If he can beat out Fitzpatrick, he will have beaten a legitimate starter caliber QB.  

I think Heinicke has question marks (biggest being whether he can stay healthy) but also a lot of potential.  It would be wonderful if he ends up being the solution for WFT.  

I think realistically it's going to be a pretty steep uphill climb for Heinicke to become the starter; he'd probably have to absolutely wow and Fitz would have to fizzle in camp, etc. They're paying Fitz $10 million. That's not backup money, so I'm guessing that as of now they have Fitz pretty much penciled in as the likely starter and another guy would probably have to do something pretty big to unseat him. It's certainly not impossible, but probably unlikely.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they straight up told Fitz he'd be the starter if he came. This is likely Fitz's last rodeo so I could see him wanting to go somewhere that that he'd be the starter and not a backup. Go out with a bang.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think realistically it's going to be a pretty steep uphill climb for Heinicke to become the starter; he'd probably have to absolutely wow and Fitz would have to fizzle in camp, etc. They're paying Fitz $10 million. That's not backup money, so I'm guessing that as of now they have Fitz pretty much penciled in as the likely starter and another guy would probably have to do something pretty big to unseat him. It's certainly not impossible, but probably unlikely.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they straight up told Fitz he'd be the starter if he came. This is likely Fitz's last rodeo so I could see him wanting to go somewhere that that he'd be the starter and not a backup. Go out with a bang.

I agree 10 million isn't backup money...but it's also not starter money.  It's in no-mans-land.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I agree 10 million isn't backup money...but it's also not starter money.  It's in no-mans-land.

Yeah you're right, it kinda is. Most backups are $5 million and under and most starters are $15 million and over. That's why it feels like a "Fitz is almost certainly the starter, but if another guy comes in and absolutely lights it up, we wouldn't balk at making him the starter because of the wasted money" situation.

Fitz is almost certain to be the starter, but Heinicke and Allen will get a chance to show what they can do. Probably still a steep uphill climb though. 

50 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Tyrod Taylor just got up to 12.5 mill to be whatever Texans end up doing.  

We have 12 mill dead for Smith and Haskins.  

Fitz will likely get first crack even if competition is fairly close.  He’d have to look bad or heinicke really awesome to change the ranking.

2 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

Tyrod Taylor just got up to 12.5 mill to be whatever Texans end up doing.  

We have 12 mill dead for Smith and Haskins.  

Fitz will likely get first crack even if competition is fairly close.  He’d have to look bad or heinicke really awesome to change the ranking.

We need to see the incentives of the Tyrod Taylor deal.  But on the surface this feels like a (bad) insurance move in-case Watson isn't bluffing in his trade demand.

10 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

We need to see the incentives of the Tyrod Taylor deal.  But on the surface this feels like a (bad) insurance move in-case Watson isn't bluffing in his trade demand.

Taylor's contract only guarantees him $6 million. The rest is incentives. So Fitz's guaranteed money is almost 2 times as much.

Anybody notice that Drew Brees lost all his talent, Space Jam style, the minute Heinicke got a chance to play? Suddenly TH goes from math finals to looking like 2009 MVP level Brees? Someone should look into this, feel like there might be something to that theory. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Anybody notice that Drew Brees lost all his talent Space Jam style the minute Heinicke got a chance to play? Suddenly TH goes from math finals to looking like 2009 MVP level Brees? Someone should look into this, feel like there might be something to that theory. 

If this is the Monstar's doing I will protect them at all costs.

• Like 3

Including two #1 picks, and one #1 Overall Pick...These are all the QB's who lay in his wake, from his conquest towards the #2 QB on a Division Champion

Alex Smith

Dwayne Haskins

Kyle Allen

Steven Montez

Has a QB ever risen so far, so quickly, and conquered so many QB's ahead of him, in just a few short weeks, going from college finals, to Depth Chart Slayer ?

Heinicke now only has one more warrior to slay. The Bearded Blitzer

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, mistertim said:

He only signed for 1 year...I'm not sure how chiseled in stone Fitz should be feeling about being the starter if that indeed happened.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

He only signed for 1 year...I'm not sure how chiseled in stone Fitz should be feeling about being the starter if that indeed happened.

Signing one year isn't all that surprising, really. If things go well they can give him another year if they want.

Like I said anything is possible. But I'm guessing that Fitz's role as the starter is pretty sealed outside of him looking like crap in camp and Heinicke looking amazing. Plus, Fitz himself said that he had multiple teams looking to sign him. I wouldn't be surprised if they told him he would be penciled in as the starter if he came to help woo him.

18 hours ago, mistertim said:

Signing one year isn't all that surprising, really. If things go well they can give him another year if they want.

Like I said anything is possible. But I'm guessing that Fitz's role as the starter is pretty sealed outside of him looking like crap in camp and Heinicke looking amazing. Plus, Fitz himself said that he had multiple teams looking to sign him. I wouldn't be surprised if they told him he would be penciled in as the starter if he came to help woo him.

I was speaking more to the idea that Fitz would have needed a guarantee that the starting job his his no question in order to sign somewhere. Nothing says "you're the starter, period" more than commitment...and $10M for one year doesn't exactly scream commitment in my eyes. $10M screams "You will not be cut"...a 1-year deal when you're 38 yrs old says "We'll see" in my eyes as well. Plus isn't Rivera kind of a "show me first" dude? I thought one of the things that pissed Trent off was that Rivera wouldn't discuss an extension until Trent showed him what he wanted to see first...And he offered Eric Reid a spot on the practice squad instead of something more guaranteed? I wouldn't put it past Rivera to approach Fitzpatrick in a similar fashion--like we want you on the team and as of right now we see you as the starter...

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I was speaking more to the idea that Fitz would have needed a guarantee that the starting job his his no question in order to sign somewhere. Nothing says "you're the starter, period" more than commitment...and $10M for one year doesn't exactly scream commitment in my eyes. $10M screams "You will not be cut"...a 1-year deal when you're 38 yrs old says "We'll see" in my eyes as well. Plus isn't Rivera kind of a "show me first" dude? I thought one of the things that pissed Trent off was that Rivera wouldn't discuss an extension until Trent showed him what he wanted to see first...And he offered Eric Reid a spot on the practice squad instead of something more guaranteed? I wouldn't put it past Rivera to approach Fitzpatrick in a similar fashion--like we want you on the team and as of right now we see you as the starter...

That's why I said it was still possible for Heinicke (or Allen) to win the starting job. I doubt "you're the starter" was literally in the contract or stated with zero ambiguity or caveats, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was implied that the job would pretty much be his to lose, however it would be possible that he could lose it if he doesn't play well and/or one of the other guys absolutely lights it up. I'm guessing Fitz would be fine with that arrangement as he's not some prima donna and he's also not some top tier elite guy.

But given that he had multiple other suitors he'd probably want to go somewhere that he knew the starting gig would be his to lose. And I don't really see much in common with the Trent situation. Rivera wanted a show of good faith from Trent before extending him and Trent wasn't interested. Completely different situation. 

As far as the money, it's true that $10 million is a bit less than most NFL starters but it's also a ****load more than we're paying our other QBs so to mean that means something. They clearly wanted an upgrade (they've been open about it all offseason), and they clearly saw Fitz as an upgrade over Allen and Heinicke.

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Speaking of which, I found it interesting that in the presser Fitzpatrick said he was going to meet with Turner after to (I’m paraphrasing here, so I might have the sentiment wrong) tailor the playbook to him.  Thinking back, it might have been just an innocuous thing that Turner would do for all his qbs, but at the time I was like, “oh... he’s definitely the (projected) starter then”

Fitzpatrick is Heinicke in 15 years if Heinicke is lucky.  Both smart guys, read the field well, play a bit on the edge, won’t wow you with their physical ability and like to push the ball down the field.  If Heinicke can learn from Fitz and get a bit stronger to increase his durability he has a chance to be in the league for beyond his current 2 year contract, but like Fitz, he isn’t the type of QB you build your team around.

I like TH and hope he can stay upright and become the man, but I wouldn’t bet the farm it.  Depending on how the draft plays out he might not ever start another game for the WFT.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Speaking of which, I found it interesting that in the presser Fitzpatrick said he was going to meet with Turner after to (I’m paraphrasing here, so I might have the sentiment wrong) tailor the playbook to him.  Thinking back, it might have been just an innocuous thing that Turner would do for all his qbs, but at the time I was like, “oh... he’s definitely the (projected) starter then”

Yeah Fitz had a few teams interested in free agency. I would have thought it is fairly obvious that he’s come here as our #1. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, evmiii said:

Fitzpatrick is Heinicke in 15 years if Heinicke is lucky.  Both smart guys, read the field well, play a bit on the edge, won’t wow you with their physical ability and like to push the ball down the field.  If Heinicke can learn from Fitz and get a bit stronger to increase his durability he has a chance to be in the league for beyond his current 2 year contract, but like Fitz, he isn’t the type of QB you build your team around.

I like TH and hope he can stay upright and become the man, but I wouldn’t bet the farm it.  Depending on how the draft plays out he might not ever start another game for the WFT.

I can see the similarities in their play as well.

Though Heinicke is 28, so it would be more like 10 years from now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Well he can look forward to being third string, that’s how I see it playing out.  Could be wrong.

If he stays health and his floor is how he played against Tampa, he will be hard to keep off of the field.  Most defenses aren't that good.  Imagine him carving up a weak dallas D.😍😊😁

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Like 3