Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

50 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have this feeling Heinicke is going to get a chance to play this year at some point and is going to play well.  I don't think he's going to beat out Fitzy to start the season.  But I think he IS going to beat out Kyle Allen for backup.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Heinicke has a better arm than Allen.  But I'm just not a big Kyle Allen guy.  

The big question for Heinicke is if he can stay healthy for more than 3 quarters.  Not of a season.  Of a game.  There might be something to him, but he's going to have to stay healthy.  

I like Heinicke over Allen too.  I think Allen has the better arm, but Heinicke is a better QB.  Having a big arm is awesome, but Brady at his peak wasn't in tier 1 of NFL QB arms.  If you can process information and throw accurately, you will do just find with a pedestrian arm (by NFL standards).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, #httr1979 said:

Yep. Been following some of his off-season weight training on Instagram. He’s taking it seriously. 

Love it!  He will succeed.  This was the only concern I had and he has taken care of business.  Way to go, TH!  :) 

28 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Love it!  He will succeed.  This was the only concern I had and he has taken care of business.  Way to go, TH!  :) 

And look at that forehead on him.

Such a huge forehead gives him foresight to foresee open receivers, even before they're open, by hitting them in stride.

I smell the sweet scent of Hive honey

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And look at that forehead on him.

Such a huge forehead gives him foresight to foresee open receivers, even before they're open, by hitting them in stride.

I smell the sweet scent of Hive honey

You see that forearm vein?!?  

• Like 1

laugh at me but, when I see TH I see Drew Brees but with better wheels....way better wheels. I think TH is smart, sees the field well and can lead the men while getting the ball to who it need to get to. He's certainly not Drew Brees but that's who I compare him to. Brees goes down field with his throws and so does TH....both are aggressive and confident.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, RWJ said:

I said it before but I think this kid will shine to the point other teams come knocking.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I said it before but I think this kid will shine to the point other teams come knocking.

They may but RR will probably want to keep him as our franchise QB if he can withstand the hits after putting on the extra mass/muscle.

37 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Let me put it in Jack Kent Cooke terms:  "sheer unadulterated, uncompromising ecstasy"  TH's offseason maturation putting in the effort and time.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

They may but RR will probably want to keep him as our franchise QB if he can withstand the hits after putting on the extra mass/muscle.

A lot of it is not just mass gain but playing smarter with hia body. I know its counterintuitive to a competitor lile Taylor but he needs to protect himself better. Even he knows it and has talked about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Let me put it in Jack Kent Cooke terms:  "sheer unadulterated, uncompromising ecstasy"  

I can still hear that being said in JKC’s unique, nearly un-mimicable, voice in my head as clearly as the day he first uttered it.

It’s amazing some of the things I can remember with laser precision that happened so many years ago. While more recent and frankly important events often get lost in the ether.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really think if this kid can stay healthy he's got a chance to be our guy going forward. 

I didn't see a fluke couple of games when I watched him , I saw a guy with above average pocket awareness, above average mobility and above average ability to read the defense and progress through reads.

He displayed traits that are un teachable and can't be pulled off just because you're having a "hot game" so to speak.

I believe we'd be singing a much different tune about our future at the quarterback position had heinicke played a few more games last year.

I can't wait for the season, if our defense is as good as it can be and heinicke wins the job and looks like he did in the two games he played last year, bare minimum we're gonna be a real exciting team to watch and will probably be a threat for a deep playoff run.

• Like 7

On 5/28/2021 at 8:11 AM, Chris 44 said:

I think Heinicke would need to see significant (and successful) regular season playing time before teams would potentially come knocking with trade offers above late round picks, and I think that's only going to happen if Fitz gets injured.

I realize Heinicke is a great feel-good story (he is), but considering the reports about how much rapport Fitz has already built with teammates and coaches, and how quickly he's already getting the playbook down, I think the chances of Heinicke beating him out is maybe 5% max.

I think we should just be happy that we seem to have a good backup QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think Heinicke would need to see significant (and successful) regular season playing time before teams would potentially come knocking with trade offers above late round picks, and I think that's only going to happen if Fitz gets injured.

I realize Heinicke is a great feel-good story (he is), but considering the reports about how much rapport Fitz has already built with teammates and coaches, and how quickly he's already getting the playbook down, I think the chances of Heinicke beating him out is maybe 5% max.

I think we should just be happy that we seem to have a good backup QB.

I disagree. They told Heinicke when they signed him for two years that he'd have a chance to be the starter. Then they told Fitz he'd be the front runner for the starting job but that he'd have to compete for it. Fitz got a 1 year deal. These two facts alone tells me that TH has greater than a 5% chance of winning the job. And it's hard to say be happy about having a good backup when we don't even know that we have a bona fide starting QB yet...????

It's May, there's a long way to go to see who starts but we can take some comfort in that RR likes his QB room. I agree that Fitz is the likely starter in week one but I wouldn't bet against TH just yet. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I disagree. They told Heinicke when they signed him for two years that he'd have a chance to be the starter. Then they told Fitz he'd be the front runner for the starting job but that he'd have to compete for it. Fitz got a 1 year deal. These two facts alone tells me that TH has greater than a 5% chance of winning the job. And it's hard to say be happy about having a good backup when we don't even know that we have a bona fide starting QB yet...????

It's May, there's a long way to go to see who starts but we can take some comfort in that RR likes his QB room. I agree that Fitz is the likely starter in week one but I wouldn't bet against TH just yet. 

I mean...ok, I'm willing to bump it up to 7%   :ols:

To me when Rivera told Heinicke that he'd have a chance to be the starter, he was being honest, but it wasn't the same as saying "You and Fitz will both be on completely equal footing". It meant he'd have a chance to win the job, but I'm guessing it would take Fitz really looking bad and Heinicke really looking great for that to happen. Now, obviously I don't know that for a fact since neither Rivera nor Turner often call me to discuss their football thoughts, but I feel like it's a pretty safe bet that Fitz is almost a completely lock to be the day 1 starter outside of injury.

They clearly liked Fitz enough to pay him $10 million for a season and so far the reports from OTAs have been pretty much universally glowing as far as how he's looked, how quick he's picking up the playbook, and how well he's building rapport with his teammates.

And I don't really agree with not knowing we have a bona fide starting QB. Fitz is a bona fide NFL starter. He's had his ups and downs through his career but his last couple of years he's been playing his best football by pretty much any metric out there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

IMO, Heinicke is much more explosive with the personnel they have and added on this offense.  With Fitzpatrick/Fitztragic it's 50/50.  

Not sure how you can really say that about Heinicke with much certainty. Heinicke has started two games in his career. One was bad and one was good. So he's literally the definition of 50/50 at this point. Also not sure exactly what you mean by "more explosive", since Fitz is pretty well known as a gunslinger type. He's had turnover problems in the past but he's cut down on that in the past couple of seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Also not sure exactly what you mean by "more explosive", since Fitz is pretty well known as a gunslinger type

I can't say for sure what he meant by that but my guess is that he meant more elusive and quicker twitch, which I agree with.

Fitzpatrick will run and take what the defense gives him and he's pretty good at it but he's kind of lumbering while doing it, even Moreso now that he's in his upper 30's.

Heineke has shown a few times he can juke a guy out of his sneakers and he's 10 years younger so the potential to maintain that athleticism for longer is higher.

We've gone round and round on heinicke since the playoff game and I agree the sample size is so small it's really hard to get a good read on his future but I think all things being equal if Fitzpatrick and heinicke both look good Rivera is going to seriously consider heinicke's age and potential to be our future when deciding who to start.

I do tend to agree that Fitzpatrick will probably start the season but he better play pretty well consistently because he may be on a short leash.

• Like 1