Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

11 hours ago, wunderhill said:

Well...it went from a solid play by play of his on the field talent to a play by play of his solid bowel movements. Lol

It was really the only way to give a panoramic view, of just how great he is.

14 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Saw this on twitter...actually was harder for me to answer than I expected.

EvVtHfPWQAM9Sm1.jpg

Depends, of course.

I mean if you're a Lombardi-winning Head Coach, it makes a difference.

I mean, Duh, if you're Doug Pederson, and you're playing against the WFT, if's obvious - you bench Hurts.

Speaking of which, why the heck isn't Nate "The Great" Sudfeld in this graphic ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

On 2/27/2021 at 7:27 PM, kingdaddy said:

I was the one who posted all of the 40 times and that's what I found for Burrow....I didn't have to look to hard for any of the times. I'll see if I can find it again for you...

I just checked again and found two times on Burrow....the one that flashes right up in bold numbers is 4.54....HOWEVER, his official combine time is 4.9!!!

What are we to believe??? Both times? Maybe the 4.54 is from an LSU pro day or something cause that's quite a difference. Finding his times on Google isn't hard, they come right up.

lol and 4.9 seems a lil' slow...I ran a 4.9...yesterday : )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

lol and 4.9 seems a lil' slow...I ran a 4.9...yesterday : )

Seriously ?

That's not bad at all. You're literally faster than Tom Brady.

And just to add to how good that is ; 20 years after his infamous Combine run, he actually improved his 40 time, in his old age.

At the Combine, he ran a 5.28. When he then ran the 40, but in his 40's, he ran a 5.17.

So you're actually better than the new and improved Brady - and way better.

Dude, you're faster than the GOAT, even at the fastest time of his 20+ year career !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagine the position this team will be in if they just add a cheap veteran quarterback for competition but use the draft and free agency to fill out the rest of the roster with a couple linebackers a free safety maybe an offensive lineman and a few more offensive weapons and it turns out that heinicke has the goods.

Just close your eyes and picture how great it'd be to have a guy playing just like he did against Tampa and Carolina but on a weekly basis while making 4 million dollars a year and at the same time having an elite defense and multiple playmakers.

I know it's a Longshot but it's not impossible and man that scenario would be so awesome. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Imagine the position this team will be in if they just add a cheap veteran quarterback for competition but use the draft and free agency to fill out the rest of the roster with a couple linebackers a free safety maybe an offensive lineman and a few more offensive weapons and it turns out that heinicke has the goods.

Just close your eyes and picture how great it'd be to have a guy playing just like he did against Tampa and Carolina but on a weekly basis while making 4 million dollars a year and at the same time having an elite defense and multiple playmakers.

I know it's a Longshot but it's not impossible and man that scenario would be so awesome. 

Currently closing my eyes and imagining: An elite QB on a 2 year 8.75 million dollar contract, Allen Robinson running routes with Terry McLaurin, we draft Zaven Collins and he is an instant All-Pro, Brandon Scherff and Jonathan Allen saying "you know what, we'll play for free, we love you guys", Trevon Diggs falling into a manhole walking down the street for even thinking of hitting Terry, and lastly being the first 20-0 team. 

2022 Team Name: The Washington Champions. 

Honestly, being great starts with imagining yourself as being great, and then taking action. Seeing Terry's halftime speech where he said "Enjoy this moment, feel this, that was complementary football from the offense to the defense, enjoy this **** because this is everything that we want". We have players that get it, that want to win, but also have a vision for where they want to be, they feel like they can achieve more. This is a good group of players IMO, far better than the mercenaries we used to have that would just collect a paycheck.  

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Seriously ?

That's not bad at all. You're literally faster than Tom Brady.

And just to add to how good that is ; 20 years after his infamous Combine run, he actually improved his 40 time, in his old age.

At the Combine, he ran a 5.28. When he then ran the 40, but in his 40's, he ran a 5.17.

Obviously, its the Tom Brady Diet. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tb12-diet-diary-we-tried-to-eat-like-tom-brady-43-year-old-super-bowl-champion-for-one-week/#:~:text=80% fruits%2C vegetables%2C whole,No dairy or nightshades

• Like 2

3 hours ago, duffy said:

They lost me, at "no fungus" allowed in the diet ;)

No Fungus = No Fun !

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

No Fungus = No Fun !

I cant be the only one that googled "nightshades" after reading the article. Initially thought it was  a 70"s R and B group.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

No Fungus = No Fun !

They lost me at all the completely unproven stuff in there. Basically...most of it. There's literally zero scientific evidence that "nightshades" cause inflammation, for example. But whatever...it works for him I guess but I doubt his play would suddenly fall off a cliff if he ate tomatoes and peppers.

Lots of NFL players get really weird with their diets it seems and basically start believing the dietary equivalent of gym broscience. 

That's tough because Allen is coming off of a pretty major injury but if forced to choose I'd go with Allen, because he's more proven. He's not great but he's decent and he's a relatively known commodity after starting 17 games over the past two seasons, whereas Heinicke has a tiny sample size of 2 starts over the last 3 seasons (one bad, one good) and that's almost impossible to extrapolate anything from. 

• Like 1

I would keep Heinicke and cut Allen because I am a Heinicke fan and have been since watching him for four years at ODU. He throws a good ball, is accurate, knows his offense, is quick with his reads/progression and puts his wheels to good use when he needs to. He is a team guy that has the respect of his team mates. On top of that, he is simply a baller who has "it", whatever "it" is.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This question for everyone/anyone ; especially those who are not fans of Heinicke.

If you had to choose between Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke ; 

and no other QB's ;

and you had to keep one, and cut the other ;

and you had to do it now...

Which one would you keep ?

And why ?

I'd keep Heineken and cut Allen. I'd do it because I like taking chances ("Fortune favors the bold") and it feels as if Heineken has a higher ceiling even if his floor may be lower.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

On top of that, he is simply a baller who has "it", whatever "it" is.

"It" equals Information Technology ?

Seriously though, Heinicke has that, as well. And it's relevant.

I mean he's like a tech nerd, and though that may not have direct implications on pro football, that kind of analytical mind certainly lends itself in a complimentary - AND complementary - way, when it comes to reading NFL defenses.

And in fact, we've already seen evidence of that on the field, if you look closely in analysis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

Take my chances with th!  Ka hadn't shown me anything that says start me.  Durability.  Kyle doesn't seem to be all that resistant to injury either.  Take taylors upside and hope for the best

Durability is a legit concern with Allen as well as Heinicke, I agree. But Allen was having a pretty decent season when he got injured. 4 TDs, 1 INT, 74.5 QBR. He wasn't an All-Pro or anything, but he looked pretty good.

As far as TH, relying almost purely on "upside" and "potential" when picking just one QB to keep seems a bit risky to me. Luckily, we'll have both this season it seems.

11 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

I would keep Heinicke and cut Allen because I am a Heinicke fan and have been since watching him for four years at ODU. He throws a good ball, is accurate, knows his offense, is quick with his reads/progression and puts his wheels to good use when he needs to. He is a team guy that has the respect of his team mates. On top of that, he is simply a baller who has "it", whatever "it" is.

"It" was apparently what everyone said Colt Brennan had. Some called it "Moxie" or "Guts". From what I can tell it seems to be a bit nebulous and at least partially relies on whether or not a person is already partial to the particular player.

Heinicke certainly seemed to play with guts against TB but, as Rivera himself noted, when a guy is playing with absolutely nothing to lose it's different than being a consistently good QB. Obviously they think Heinicke has potential since they gave him a deal, but IMO it's also obvious that they're definitely not sold on him being "the guy" either since they've been open about looking for an upgrade at the position.

• Like 1