Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

I'd rather roll with Henicke and Allen, and continue to build around the QB position, as opposed to give up the resources we would need to do that building. RR is putting together a real team, not a group of look-at-me individuals, and these guys enjoy playing for one another. I loved the way the defensive and offensive players were so damn excited (and clearly not the least bit surprised) at Henicke's play in that wildcard game. It says a lot. A fully conditioned Heinicke (full off-season training regimen), I think, would be better for this team than a Carr or Mariota. 

If Lance, for some reason, is still sitting there at 19, maybe we snag him, sit him for a year and let him learn under Zampese. The man can teach. If A. Smith is still around in some capacity, that's another tutor for him.

• Like 7

On 2/6/2021 at 8:35 AM, skinzplay said:

I'd rather roll with Henicke and Allen, and continue to build around the QB position, as opposed to give up the resources we would need to do that building. RR is putting together a real team, not a group of look-at-me individuals, and these guys enjoy playing for one another. I loved the way the defensive and offensive players were so damn excited (and clearly not the least bit surprised) at Henicke's play in that wildcard game. It says a lot. A fully conditioned Heinicke (full off-season training regimen), I think, would be better for this team than a Carr or Mariota. 

If Lance, for some reason, is still sitting there at 19, maybe we snag him, sit him for a year and let him learn under Zampese. The man can teach. If A. Smith is still around in some capacity, that's another tutor for him.

The thing that keeps me grounded about Heineken is that Kyle Allen started out REALLY hot as well...then nosedived the rest of the way. I don't want to pass up on a proven commodity or a highly promising college QB just to be stuck with two versions of the 2019 Kyle Allen on the team.

Edited by Califan007
Too many damn Kyles...
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The thing that keeps me grounded about Heineken is that Kyle Allen started out REALLY hot as well...then nosedived the rest of the way.

I must be misremembering.  His first game was in a monsoon against the Rams where he only passed 13 times.  His second game showed some competence but he also had costly mistakes.  Such as fumbling and giving the Giants the eventual game deciding TD on the fumble return.

I don't believe either can be called "REALLY hot".

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I don't want to pass up on a proven commodity or a highly promising college QB just to be stuck with two versions of the 2019 Kyle Smith on the team.

The former Front Office member whose now on the Falcons?  I'm confused.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I must be misremembering.  His first game was in a monsoon against the Rams where he only passed 13 times.  His second game showed some competence but he also had costly mistakes.  Such as fumbling and giving the Giants the eventual game deciding TD on the fumble return.

I don't believe either can be called "REALLY hot".

The former Front Office member whose now on the Falcons?  I'm confused.

1) His first games in the NFL with the Panthers: started off 5-0, 9 TDs, 0 INTs

2) Too many damn Kyles to keep track of lol...

Edited by Califan007

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

2) Too many damn Kyles to keep track of lol...

And Smiths...

Alex Smith.

Kyle Smith.

Kyle Allen.

So, getting rid of Kyle Smith kills 2 birds with 1 stone, and takes care of 2 problems.

Gets rid of the 2nd Kyle, and the 2nd Smith.

Not room enough for 2 Kyles or 2 Smiths in this building

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And Smiths...

Alex Smith.

Kyle Smith.

Kyle Allen.

So, getting rid of Kyle Smith kills 2 birds with 1 stone, and takes care of 2 problems.

Gets rid of the 2nd Kyle, and the 2nd Smith.

Not room enough for 2 Kyles or 2 Smiths in this building

I fear we're stocking up on Antonios as well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is why we're extreme, I'm probably the only one to think this is why I'm not putting any stock in Heinicke performance.  The Bucs never seen him play and had no film on him.  Just like the first game against the Chiefs, the Bucs Defense was getting burned.  Now look at what happened in the second game after they figured Mahomes and the Chiefs Offense out.  This is why you don't judge off of 1 game.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, dckey said:

This is why we're extreme, I'm probably the only one to think this is why I'm not putting any stock in Heinicke performance.  The Bucs never seen him play and had no film on him.  Just like the first game against the Chiefs, the Bucs Defense was getting burned.  Now look at what happened in the second game after they figured Mahomes and the Chiefs Offense out.  This is why you don't judge off of 1 game.

I get where you're coming from but we're not judging the GOAT (Heinicke) based on 1 game though. He also played like 5 minutes against Carolina.😎😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/8/2021 at 9:51 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Mahomes was running for his life because both starting OTs were out injured. Makes me think highest priority is drafting a franchise LT.

in actuality, only one of those 2 starting OT's was recently injured.

One starting Tackle, Mitchell Schwartz had been out almost all year. He was out since about Week 6. So they won most of their regular season games, and 2 playoff games without him.
So, we can't really pin the loss on his injury so much.

Only Eric Fisher became suddenly out for the SB, so I'm just going to count 1 man down on the line, for the SB.

In fact, up until the Super Bowl, OL Coach Andy Heck was being praised for the beautiful job he had done with the OL injuries up until that point. Because the line was playing quite well until they played Tampa. So a lot of credit has to go to the Tampa DL and LB's

Their front 7 does that to everybody.

They reduced Aaron Rodgers to just an average QB. Drew Brees. And of course, the Tampa D faced future Hall of Famer Taylor Heinicke, and made him look simply like just a really good UDFA

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

This is excellent news, thank you for not making us sweat it out......I think this signing, for what they paid him, says they are gonna give him a chance to compete and that we are not dealing our 1st round pick unless we get a sure thing back. I am convinced more than ever that we are going for a cheap veteran signing who will be told he has to compete to win the starting job. Congrats to our man Heiny!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

in actuality, only one of those 2 starting OT's was recently injured.

One starting Tackle, Mitchell Schwartz had been out almost all year. He was out since about Week 6. So they won most of their regular season games, and 2 playoff games without him.
So, we can't really pin the loss on his injury so much.

Only Eric Fisher became suddenly out for the SB, so I'm just going to count 1 man down on the line, for the SB.

In fact, up until the Super Bowl, OL Coach Andy Heck was being praised for the beautiful job he had done with the OL injuries up until that point. Because the line was playing quite well until they played Tampa. So a lot of credit has to go to the Tampa DL and LB's

Their front 7 does that to everybody.

They reduced Aaron Rodgers to just an average QB. Drew Brees. And of course, the Tampa D faced future Hall of Famer Taylor Heinicke, and made him look simply like just a really good UDFA

It wasn't just losing Fisher, they moved their LG out to LT so it impacted more then one spot on the OL.  That said the Bucs did a great job exploiting it.  

• Like 1