Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Sorry that image clearly shows that the line gave up on the play!  Lineman are supposed to keep blocking until they hear the whistle. 4 of our 5 lineman are watching Heinicke and stopped blocking. 

They were looking at him to see where he was so they could  find someone to block. That's part of what happens when a play breaks down. The OL guys have to see what the QB is doing and where he is and then try and find ways to help if they can. It's a chaotic situation. There's nothing odd about that screenshot from a broken down play with the QB scrambling around.

The initial OL blocks were ok; the RB even picked up the blitzer. But since Bates completely whiffed on Fowler it blew up the whole play.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

Kirk never had the moxie that Taylor has.

This is a great example of what I’m talking about. 

My point wasn’t about anyone’s ability. I’m just saying dont waste your time making every throw a referendum on if the guy should be the QB for the next 13 seasons or not. Enjoy the ride. 

Instead you took it as either some slight on Heinicke or over praising a QB that hasn’t played here in 4 seasons. 

• Haha 2

Did I see deficiencies in TH's play?  Sure

Do I think TH is the long term answer for the WFT?  Don't Know Yet

Am I surprised by his gamer, intangible approach to winning games with his moxy?  ) Hell No

@ODU AGGIEand I have see TH do this for nearly 15,000 yards at ODU.  We're not surprised to see TH bring his game here.  It's who he is, and what he does.

HTTR

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

I've never seen anything like this with us.  His physical limitations are obvious, but he jus keeps making it work regardless. And he gets so many GD breaks his way, breaks we never get. What have we had, like 30 QBs in the last 20 years? Any one of them makes that heave in the endzone and its a pick, but no, not Taylor.

I said he had to win this game and he did, thats despite a bad defense, thats what good QBs do.  That was a bad team he played, but who the hell cares if he does it again against the Saints and we're 3-2?  He can beat Winston, he's better then Winston and a lot of other QBs we've had the last 20 years because he protects the football.  Ya, some should be picked and a good defense will force him into throws he struggles with, but he doesn't fumble either (knocks on wood).

He will get far in his career if he continues to limit turnovers and extend plays for his playmakers.  But the last thing I want to talk about is money.  I am not convinced any of us truly know what he's worth, and being able to underpay him if he is still winning isn't going to happen, regardless of his arm strength issues.

Live to fight another game, I see you, bro.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

It will be like last year... we'll be 2-6 and on life support after that run (but a bunch of NFCE games to harvest after that). 

but I bet we steal one in the next four.

Yea our last five games are ALL divisional.

The 1st place team could very well change each week, in the last 5

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This is a great example of what I’m talking about. 

My point wasn’t about anyone’s ability. I’m just saying dont waste your time making every throw a referendum on if the guy should be the QB for the next 13 seasons or not. Enjoy the ride. 

Instead you took it as either some slight on Heinicke or over praising a QB that hasn’t played here in 4 seasons. 

Man, maybe chill out a little? You can compare the current QB and the former QB, it's natural. Telling people what they should and shouldn't do is usually not gonna work out well on a forum.

Kirk and Taylor each have their strengths and weaknesses. It's ok to talk about it.

I don't know if TH is the guy, but I hope he gets this season to show what he can do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

It will be like last year... we'll be 2-6 and on life support after that run (but a bunch of NFCE games to harvest after that). 

but I bet we steal one in the next four.

2-6...so you think we’ll lose to DENVER? The same team that played 3 nobody teams and finally played a good team today and were awful? 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think we should give some credit to Terry and McKissic for today as well. Two of those TDs were mostly them.

Not if the pass isn't thrown.....not if the QB is looking left at three recievers for five seconds. Most QB's would never come 90 degrees to look for Mckissic, they would throw it away. To me that was amazing, he took the time to come all the way back to the right side to even look.....not sure I've seen that much of a shift in a QB's vision that fast. But I'm a homer.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Not if the pass isn't thrown.....not if the QB is looking left at three recievers for five seconds. Most QB's would never come 90 degrees to look for Mckissic, they would throw it away. To me that was amazing, he took the time to come all the way back to the right side to even look.....not sure I've seen that much of a shift in a QB's vision that fast. But I'm a homer.

Ok, yes I get it. He threw it up to Terry and he worked his reads back and checked down to McKissic. But they were only touchdowns because Terry made an amazing catch and McKissic had an amazing YAC run and turned a check down into a crazy leaping TD. Shouldn't they get credit for what they did?

59 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

2-6...so you think we’ll lose to DENVER? The same team that played 3 nobody teams and finally played a good team today and were awful? 

Uh have you seen WASHINGTON? The same team that hasn’t had one good performance all season? 

Denver is the team we hope to be. Great defense and decent QB play. We will be heavy underdogs in that game. It’s not impossible to win but it’ll be extremely difficult. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

4 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Durability was my biggest concern with him going into this season, but he has done a great job so far avoiding unnecessarily risky situations. 

And even when he took some nasty hits, h/ bounced back. 

the injury concern seems to be put to bed 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

Heinicke has been playing better than any QB since Kirk.  And its actually debateable between those two.  Other than that, its rookie RG3, 05 Brunell, and 99 Brad Johnson.

Damn we've had some awful QB play around here.

It's 99 Brad Johnson. That 99 team had the best offense relative to the rest of the league at the time this team has had in the past 25 years. 

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Ok, yes I get it. He threw it up to Terry and he worked his reads back and checked down to McKissic. But they were only touchdowns because Terry made an amazing catch and McKissic had an amazing YAC run and turned a check down into a crazy leaping TD. Shouldn't they get credit for what they did?

I think that may fall under the " it " factor.

He didn't take a sack, didn't throw it away, but he did give his other players a chance. They know if its possible he will give them the chance, thats why they're making an effort and not just 'mailing it in' after going 1-2 with a defense that has all but fallen off the map. Its also a learning experience with TH by being in these strange situations and can do nothing but help him as the season goes on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Maybe, but when a guy has “it” things just happen in a positive sense for them. The luck is behind them and they just make plays that leave you saying, “what the hell was that?”.

Heinicke has that.

Head asks "how long can backyard B.S. magic last?"

Heart says, "who cares? enjoy the ride."  Football is supposed to be fun.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

How about credit for this throw?  Let us not forget when we were trailing 0-10.

(and of course, Terry made a sweet catch... but TH's ball was on the money)

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Heinick isn't just a Legend.

He's contagious

Last week Gibson did the Heinicke Pylon Dive, for a TD

This week McKissic does it.

It's the Heinicke Dive, not Hive

New name suggestion: The Washington Divers

20 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m enthralled by the Heinie experience like everyone else but keep in mind his magic has come against Atlanta and the Giants. 

And Tampa last year.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 4