Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

23 hours ago, mistertim said:

I don't think anyone is really on the ledge here. Just talking realistically about the situation.

IMO this is actually one of the unfortunate side effects of people getting super hyped about a guy like Heinicke in a thread like this. It can set unrealistic expectations, so if he has a bad game the effects and talk about it is more amplified than it would be if he were just some rando QB who was playing for us and who nobody was expecting to be the savior.

Oh please

Edited by Peregrine

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Heinicke buying time for McKissic made me fall in love with him all over again.

That was pro bowl level pass there. Scanning the whole field from right to left and then come back to his right again and making what I thought was a tough throw, the way it left his hand. Great heads up catch by McKissic too. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

OK, I live in Seattle and am forced into all Seahawks buzz from coworkers, neighbors, etc.  I've always dismissed Russell Wilson because he's a broken play yardage QB.  There's always that one big 50 yard busted play in a close game that he keeps alive with his legs long enough to gooooo deeeeep.

Whoever commented that Taylor Heinicke is a white Russell Wilson is spot-on.  We saw that today.  Not the prettiest thing to watch, but keeps the eyes moving and lets things develop a bit longer with his mobility. 

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

OK, I live in Seattle and am forced into all Seahawks buzz from coworkers, neighbors, etc.  I've always dismissed Russell Wilson because he's a broken play yardage QB.  There's always that one big 50 yard busted play in a close game that he keeps alive with his legs long enough to gooooo deeeeep.

Whoever commented that Taylor Heinicke is a white Russell Wilson is spot-on.  We saw that today.  Not the prettiest thing to watch, but keeps the eyes moving and let's things develop a bit longer with his mobility. 

I don’t know I’d go that far.  Russel Wilson does have a tremendous arm and can really sling it.  Wilson’s numbers passing wise have been MVP level different years and that wasn’t just broken plays. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 4

TH's ability to extend plays is probably his best attribute.  If you just isolate all his plays from this game it's crazy how he misses on a lot of routine throws and passes that should be easy completions, yet he also finds ways to work some magic in there.  

The schedule is about to get super rough so we will see what happens.  I really hope Scott Turner starts to just embrace what makes TH....TH, and get him moving around more by design. 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The schedule is about to get super rough so we will see what happens.  I really hope Scott Turner starts to just embrace what makes TH....TH, and get him moving around more by design. 

Mark Sanchez did say Turner took he handcuffs off of TH and told him to be more mobile if needed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Terry McLaurin just now: TH is a baller and give us the chance to make plays. 

How many quarterbacks make that throw to Terry when he's double covered in the end zone.  Terry is right.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Whoever commented that Taylor Heinicke is a white Russell Wilson is spot-on.  We saw that today.  Not the prettiest thing to watch, but keeps the eyes moving and lets things develop a bit longer with his mobility. 

C'mon. Russel Wilson is a future Hall of Famer. Heinicke has a little bit of the same ability to extend plays, but they're not anywhere close to the same level.

Heinicke absolutely played well today when we needed him to, which is what matters the most. We got a W, which is awesome. Yes it was against probably the 2nd worst team in the NFL, but beggars can't be choosers.

That being said, let's not pretend like there weren't some pretty meh moments. Realistically Atlanta dropped 3 INTs that hit them in the hands (two of which would probably have ended the game) and on that 2nd TD to Terry, Heinicke might as well have turned his back and thrown the ball up behind him like a wedding bouquet toss. That was Terry making an insane game saving play.

Overall I liked what I saw from Heinicke and super happy for him that he notched the win, but he does need to clean up those late and behind throws because it will eventually catch up to him. Guys won't drop INTs forever.

4 minutes ago, Redd said:

How many quarterbacks make that throw to Terry when he's double covered in the end zone.  Terry is right.

Not many. Because it was a stupid throw. Terry absolutely made an amazing play and saved the game.

If the 2 DBs on Terry hadn't been facing away from the QB and had instead made a better play and gotten an up-for-grabs interception, everyone would be talking about what a boneheaded game-killing stupid play Heinicke made.

Those plays are always great until they go the wrong way.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3