Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

@ThomasRoane I've always figured that the torque aspect was usually the biggest thing that guys with naturally strong throwing arms have. You can lift weights, strengthen your core, strengthen your shoulders and improve leg drive, but at the end of the day if you don't have that natural torque it will only make a moderate amount of difference.

That's why you can't really "learn" to punch as hard as Mike Tyson or throw as fast as Nolan Ryan. You can learn the technique and improve your footwork to maximize your natural ability, but you won't ever have the ludicrous torque it takes to reach those levels.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Weather looks really iffy for the game tonight. Could be interesting. If it's a running game, I think that favors The Team.

But Danny Dimes "white lightning" Jones is a terrific runner.... Dude breaks off 50 yard gashes against our Defense (at least last year)... until he got picked off by a sniper in that Philly game.

danieljones-daniel.gif

• Haha 2

My neighbor is a serious Bengal fan.

So I figured I could get an in-depth analysis of the new ex-Bengal QB we signed to our Practice Squad.

I say to him, "Hey, I see we signed one of your ex-Bengals, Kyle Shurmur ! What's the scoop on him ?"

He replied, "Who ???"

And there you have it.

A full, scouting report and everything you need to know about our new PS quarterback, from a diehard Bengal fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

My neighbor is a serious Bengal fan.

So I figured I could get an in-depth analysis of the new ex-Bengal QB we signed to our Practice Squad.

I say to him, "Hey, I see we signed one of your ex-Bengals, Kyle Shurmur ! What's the scoop on him ?"

He replied, "Who ???"

And there you have it.

A full, scouting report and everything you need to know about our new PS quarterback, from a diehard Bengal fan.

Well, I told my boss that I liked what I saw with Montez with the 3's and 4's in preseason. Didn't even know he wasn't on the team anymore.

If there be any lost souls out there tonight in the Church of Heinicke, let them walk down the isle to be saved. Is there one? Is there one? Look to your left. Look to your right and ask your neighbor, "is there one". What about you? Do you believe? Have you been converted? We here at the Church of Heinicke welcome all lost souls. We understand you've been done wrong by QB saviors of the past. But don't let past mistakes keep you from future Praise. So I ask again, is there one? Make room for neighbors to walk down the isles to be saved. Is there one? 

• Like 1

It's interesting that we heard so much about Fitzpatrick's lack of flexibility at the line this year and ability to change plays, then Heinicke with zero time outs audibles to a great draw play to score before half time. It's almost like this kid really knows the offense. 

Have to give credit where credit is due. Taylor willed this team to a victory. Can't even blame him much for the pick. WTF is that play even called. And then got unlucky. Oline did enough. Running game helped but realistically Taylor took the team on his back. We have not had that here in an awful lot of years. 

A lot of bad out of the game but Taylor is definitely not one of them. Hope he can keep it up. He is fun to watch either way. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 12/28/2020 at 11:09 AM, LetThePointsSoar said:

This kid needs and deserves his own thread. I, for one, am really hoping to see him start on Sunday and lead us into the playoffs. 

Thread Title Edit - Happily editing per @ConnSKINS26 and Mina Kimes request. 

Been on Team Heinicke since DAY ONE. 

It's HIS team, now.  Periodt. 

• Like 1