Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all the marbles. Week 17 Washington @ Philadelphia January 3rd 2021

bakedtater1

I'm more nervous about this game than I will be next week if we're in.

I have no illusions that this team is going to win the superbowl.

More than anything else I just want to shed the label of laughingstock and this game is going to determine that in a big way. 

Sure we're in the nfc east and the division is so bad that whoever wins is gonna have people looking down their nose at them but they'll still be a playoff team and will have earned some respect. 

We lose and we're bottom feeders again in the worst division in the history of football and the icing on the turd cake would be losing to the 2nd stringers of an eliminated team.

This game means everything to me, its my personal little demon exorciser and the playoffs are playing with house money.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

So Chase Young, Terry McLaurin, Jon Allen, Daron Payne, who competed for National Championships don't "know how to win?"

Thats one of my least favorite sayings fans say. It makes no sense.

Well habits are human and it's part of what Ron Rivera has said about changing the culture.  He's stated over and over that creating a winning culture is most important.  Starting off 2-7 and losing close games teaches your team what not to do.  Winning for a month teaches them more.  Makes perfect sense.

Well if we could spike the Bucs season and make Tom Terrific throw his helmet I'm good, anything else is gravy

PS Investment tip: add some shares of making excuses for the ****ing Cowboys to your portfolio, nothing affects that industry (can someone please park a bus on Joe Buck?)

38 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Well habits are human and it's part of what Ron Rivera has said about changing the culture.  He's stated over and over that creating a winning culture is most important.  Starting off 2-7 and losing close games teaches your team what not to do.  Winning for a month teaches them more.  Makes perfect sense.

So, which is it? Do we know how to win or not? Does beating the ****ty Eagles brings sudden realization that beating the 11-0 Steelers didn't? 

2 hours ago, Morrison J said:

McLaurin playing is huge just hope he isn't a decoy. The less Sims Jr and Gandy-Golden on the field for us tonight the better. Absolute liabilities. 

Less Cam I see the better. Sims Jr inability to catch a ball is a lack of focus. Cams inability to do so is a lack of ability to catch any ball that he cant body cradle against his numbers.

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Less Cam I see the better. Sims Jr inability to catch a ball is a lack of focus. Cams inability to do so is a lack of ability to catch any ball that he cant body cradle against his numbers.

In a game like this I'd rather go to a guy who plays with heart like Cam than a guy who looks like he couldn't care less in Sims Jr. His attitude has stunk all year. Type of guy who'll dodge blocking someone to avoid getting hurt knowing he's going to be looking for a job this summer. 

Given that the New York Football team won on a last minute butt fumble recovery, I predict that we will lose due to some dubious/bogus call so that Roger's buddy Mara can make the playoffs. Gotta win by a lot...don't let the refs **** us again.   Anyways:   PALOFFS IS NOW!

10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

This may help you feel better about a win. Even if we lose it's very unlikely - very very unlikely we get a top 10 draft pick. We would be 6-10. There are already 4 teams with 11 loses and the two teams with a tie 4-10-1. Even if they win, we have a better record at 6-10. So best we get is a 7th. 

Again, impossible? No. Very unlikely yes. Realistically a loss probably moves us from 19th to maybe 12 or 13. And if we win in the POs I would never trade a PO win for draft position - ever. Personally I would take a win over draft position pretty much every time if it puts you in the POs. But I may be in the minority. 

13 hours ago, Timberob said:

I know everyone is hoping for playoffs tonight, but which is better for long term? Sneak into playoffs at 7-9 and maybe upset a team or two OR Take this year's positive momentum and add Top ten draft picks throughout including 2 in the 3rd to really build further.  I honestly can't decide which makes tonight more relaxing and a win win in my mind. 

Ok, so my apologies to @Timberob - I for some reason thought draft position was included head to head then SOS so I did a full analysis (there's 30 mins I will not get back..). Turns out But apparently it goes directly to SOS. Based on that we would indeed move to exactly 10th if we lose. The best part? 

We would knock Dallas down another spot is we lose. LOL  

Archived