Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all the marbles. Week 17 Washington @ Philadelphia January 3rd 2021

3 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

I'm beginning to think that Philly doesn't want to be out of the DeVonta Smith pick.

Yeah they are making all the right noises but it’s clear what’s going on. I still expect them to give us a competitive game though.

• Like 1

It certainly looks like Philly wants to lose this game. I think Washington will come out playing like they’re on fire. House money, play to win. And they should/will. Feel as confident as I was in Steelers and Niners.

It seems the Eagles have made an executive decision to pursue their highest draft position (to the great harm of the Cowboys and Giants).  It's the old killing two birds with one stone routine.   

I am now convinced that Washington will win with the odds so heavily stacked in their favor.   The one unknown is the QB.  Poor QB play could significantly undermine the Team.  As tempting as a higher draft pick sounds, a loss to this Eagles team, as presently constructed, could actually do more harm than good going into next year.  OTOH, it could enable the WFT to get a top 4 QB.

So they would have six in one hand and a half dozen in the other.  I am still torn.

Edited by cakmoney61
11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Starting to wonder if they even "preserve" Hurts, for at least part of the game, and we see Nate Sudfeld once again.

I mean ESPECIALLY if their starting LT is going to be out. That make Hurts even more vulnerable to injury

Excellent point

10 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

I’m pretty sure the League and Vegas would rather have Dallas in the post season.  Might be yellow hanky day in Philly 

I dont know about that. I think Washingtons Defense is better and talked about more in a good or even great way then Dallas Offense. 

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

It certainly looks like Philly wants to lose this game. I think Washington will come out playing like they’re on fire. House money, play to win. And they should/will. Feel as confident as I was in Steelers and Niners.

I really hope so.  One of my biggest criticisms of Jay stemmed from that 2016 finale when they slept walked though the miserable loss against the Giants.  I crushed him for that, said he should have been fired on the spot and I also said at that moment it was time to move on from Kurt. 

This wouldn’t be as disappointing, because he’ll, we might be playing QB4 who was studying for finals at ODU a month ago.  But damn if it wouldn’t be an indictment on Ron if the team came out flat or tight. 

Now, I really don’t think that is going to happen.  This is a mentally tough team.  

But I gotta admit, I’m nervous about it. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really hope so.  One of my biggest criticisms of Jay stemmed from that 2016 finale when they slept walked though the miserable loss against the Giants.  I crushed him for that, said he should have been fired on the spot and I also said at that moment it was time to move on from Kurt. 

This wouldn’t be as disappointing, because he’ll, we might be playing QB4 who was studying for finals at ODU a month ago.  But damn if it wouldn’t be an indictment on Ron if the team came out flat or tight. 

Now, I really don’t think that is going to happen.  This is a mentally tough team.  

Also nervous, I feel like we have a tendency to be conservative in the first half whilst trying to win the early arm-wrestle, which backfires badly if you make mistakes, as in the Panthers game. 

I think we need to come out confident, fast tempo, take the game to them and quickly away from them. Not sure that happens.

As much as I want to believe we'll plow our way into the playoffs...  something bothers me. 

This Eagles game is a complete repeat setup of the Carolina game:

1) We need to win and in. 

2) They have a losing record and are looking at rebuilding with good draft pick

3) They lot of injuries to key personnel

Sure, we all feel good blaming the performance on Dwayne's antics and pinning the lost opportunity on the distraction he caused. BUT.  When we fell down by 20 points, it seemed to be a total team letdown ... especially Cam Sims.

Now add the divisional rival aspect to our next game and I agree with the others... this one has me nervous.  Heck, Sudefeld is liked by Philly fans and may come in and NE Jimmy G it up! 

If we're worthy of qualifying for the playoffs... we need to beat the Eagles when they're the strongest.  Earn our way in.  No Gimmies.

Edited by petey hodge
33 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Of course you’re nervous.... it’s do-or-die. It’s a playoff game. And this team isn’t a finished product by any means. It’s a very vulnerable team right now. They have little margin for error..... so some untimely penalties, significant injury, or costly turnovers... can be difficult to overcome. And they have shown propensity there on turnovers.

Now, no WFT fan should ever be over-confident about anything right now..... but this is a game that we hired Rivera for. And given the current dynamics.... I think the guys are going to ball for him. The leadership is pretty strong on this team.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
29 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

As much as I want to believe we'll plow our way into the playoffs...  something bothers me. 

This Eagles game is a complete repeat setup of the Carolina game:

1) We need to win and in. 

2) They have a losing record and are looking at rebuilding with good draft pick

3) They lot of injuries to key personnel

Sure, we all feel good blaming the performance on Dwayne's antics and pinning the lost opportunity on the distraction he caused. BUT.  When we fell down by 20 points, it seemed to be a total team letdown ... especially Cam Sims.

Now add the divisional rival aspect to our next game and I agree with the others... this one has me nervous.  Heck, Sudefeld is liked by Philly fans and may come in and NE Jimmy G it up! 

If we're worthy of qualifying for the playoffs... we need to beat the Eagles when they're the strongest.  Earn our way in.  No Gimmies.

I feel if Alex was playing this whole time,  we would have already taken the division and we wouldn't be having this conversation today.   Dwayne was possibly the worst QB to ever play the position at the NFL level and I'm not exaggerating.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I feel if Alex was playing this whole time,  we would have already taken the division and we wouldn't be having this conversation today.   Dwayne was possibly the worst QB to ever play the position at the NFL level and I'm not exaggerating.  

If Rivera had pulled Haskins at halftime we would have likely won the Panthers game. No idea why he stuck with Haskins so long. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If Rivera had pulled Haskins at halftime we would have likely won the Panthers game. No idea why he stuck with Haskins so long. 

I believe it was to provide Mr Snyder the evidence he needed to be fully on board with releasing him.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wait, is Alex really expected to play ? Or is it a Ruse, or a Ruse Fake ?

You really thought all this time that he would sit out all this time with a silly calf injury?  He certainly has my respect and will always remember what he laid on the line to not only make it back from his injury but lead this team to the playoffs.  Comeback player of the year without question!

• Like 1

I'm really not digging this rain all day forecast.  We have a qb with a bad wheel and I'd hate to see any injuries.  Plus all things being equal we have a huge advantage with all the eagles inactives.  Don't want to see the rain lead to freak plays.

• Like 1