Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all the marbles. Week 17 Washington @ Philadelphia January 3rd 2021

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm really not digging this rain all day forecast.  We have a qb with a bad wheel and I'd hate to see any injuries.  Plus all things being equal we have a huge advantage with all the eagles inactives.  Don't want to see the rain lead to freak plays.

Rain or shine we win this game in the trenches.  Pound! The! Rock! All! Game! Long!

8 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women??

Philly women can be a little haggard but we have to do what we have to do...

• Like 2

Dallas does not have to win their game, to win their division. If we lose, and Dallas and NYG tie, then Dallas will win.

But neither Dallas nor NYG deserve it as much as we do.

Yes, the division winner will have a losing record. But at least if we win it, we'll have a PLUS in Net Points.

Both NYG and Dallas, have NEGATIVE Net Points, both of at least Negative 74 points or more !

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Dallas does not have to win their game, to win their division. If we lose, and Dallas and NYG tie, then Dallas will win.

But neither Dallas nor NYG deserve it as much as we do.

Yes, the division winner will have a losing record. But at least if we win it, we'll have a PLUS in Net Points.

Both NYG and Dallas, have NEGATIVE Net Points, both of at least Negative 74 points or more !

How does dallas win it if they tie when we have more wins than them and swept them?

31 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm really not digging this rain all day forecast.  We have a qb with a bad wheel and I'd hate to see any injuries.  Plus all things being equal we have a huge advantage with all the eagles inactives.  Don't want to see the rain lead to freak plays.

These are the kinds of games where you win because the other team self-implodes. Good teams win ugly too 🙂

• Like 1

Agree, it would be a bad loss, worse than the 2016 season considering context.  But I had a bad feeling about that game -- the build up to it in my book wasn't promising.  I feel good about this one.  Eagles seems checked out and thin.  The Giants were approaching their game during that season in an all hands on deck manner. 

7 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

This little ditty goes out to Mr. Alex Smith:

I recommend you check out this version.

A lot more soul...and rhythm...if you dig raspy vocals...

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

If I’m a Philly fan I want to lose and get Devonta smith, I shudder at the thought of them getting him 

I think for the 2nd week in a row, we should root for Dallas.

Because if Philly winning the game means that Dallas wins the division, word in the football streets is that Philly would detest Dallas getting a crown, far more than us.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Because if Philly winning the game means that Dallas wins the division, word in the football streets is that Philly would detest Dallas getting a crown, far more than us.

I, in no way, want Dallas to win the division .

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Logan Thomas is going to be the key to our offensive performance.  I was skeptical of signing him last offseason but I have never been happier to be so wrong.

19 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Only people that saw that were being paid to do so!

I wouldn’t say that ;) here’s me advocating for Logan Thomas as our new poor man’s Darren Waller going back to April, and again in August:

On 8/4/2020 at 9:21 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

And personally I see Logan Thomas starting for us, he's got poor man's Darren Waller type upside imo.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:48 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I hope your optimism is accurate.

But this is a journeyman who's played for 6 teams in 6 years - averaging 6 catches per season.

What do you see, to believe he's going to take his first huge leap, in his 7th year ?

On 8/6/2020 at 4:23 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Opportunity, lack of competition, a coaching staff that hand-picked him for his world class TE attributes and the brief flashes he’s shown. Time spent learning how to work and practice in this league that Moss doesn’t have yet. 

It’s a long shot but he’s set up to have the light turn on. It’s been known to (rarely) happen—Waller (though he took a while due to drug issues) is one, Gary Barnidge randomly had one good season near 30. I had listed a couple other examples earlier in the off-season that I can’t remember right now. 

On 4/30/2020 at 5:36 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Logan Thomas despite his poor production history at his age is actually the best wildcard to join this list of potential weapons imo. It would take a late career emergence like Darren Waller (who was dealing with substance abuse problems and not just a position switch, and coming from a position closer to TE than Thomas did) but he's got the physical attributes and has flashed. It's possible all he needs is the opportunity on a team SO weak in his position group that they're forced to give him the reps and see if he grows and applies what he's learned over the years. It's low probability but he's got one thing working in his favor besides his athleticism--this coaching staff wanted him and went out of their way to bring him in. That counts for something and we have very little competition for him to beat out to seize those snaps. It's a position where these anomalous late career breakouts have happened before when the situation lines up with a guy that needs an opportunity (not just Waller in recent memory but Gary Barnidge too).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Good point.  I'm going to be rooting for Dallas for sure this week.