Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all the marbles. Week 17 Washington @ Philadelphia January 3rd 2021

2 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

What was Schwartz planning to do to enforce the rule... throw all of our players who put them on into the Linc stadium jail? Tell the league to suspend any player for the playoffs who breaks his rule and fine them? 

I think it was intended as a metaphor. 

He just meant they need to win the game so we won't be putting any hats on in their stadium. 

• Like 1

I think the thing to keep in mind when playing a team with a young mobile QB is not to get discouraged by them picking up yards on scrambles.  It is going to happen.  No matter how good a defense is, there are going to be times where Hurts takes off at the right time and picks up a 1st down with his feet.  The key is not letitng the game come down to one big run by Hurts.  

Same thing with a guy like D-Jax (although I am hearing he is out Sunday?)  You always assume a WR like that is going to end up with a couple big catches by the time the game is over, you just don't want the entire game coming down to the 1-2 big catches. 

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know how Rivera sleeps tonight, without prescription sleep medicine.

He probably is more than obsessed with waking up in the morning and finding out Alex's answer to "Alex, how does your leg feel TODAY ?!"

Bet the trainers are like, "Alex make sure you sleep with your right leg elevated ! No Paresthesia  tonight ! "

As much as RR wants this division title, I think he understands that this is year one of "the process". He knows this is the beginning. Playing with house money right now. At least enough understanding to curb some of the anxiety.

Whatever happens tonight this season under Rivera has made me proud to be a Redskin again, never giving up, playing for each other and most of all Caring about playing for the Redskins. 

Good Luck Washington from Bolton, England. 

HTTR 

• Like 13

After thinking about it a little bit more, the "no hat" thing pisses me off. I was thinking we should rock our caps after the game anyways (if we win), but that just seems petty and is asking for instant negative karma. So, I say we just do what we do and ramp it up to eleven. We whomp on them until WE get tired of whomping on them. No taking the foot off the gas, no matter the score or how much time is left. When this game is said and done, let the scoreboard tell the world who the NFCE champs are.

I know everyone is hoping for playoffs tonight, but which is better for long term? Sneak into playoffs at 7-9 and maybe upset a team or two OR Take this year's positive momentum and add Top ten draft picks throughout including 2 in the 3rd to really build further.  I honestly can't decide which makes tonight more relaxing and a win win in my mind. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Timberob said:

I know everyone is hoping for playoffs tonight, but which is better for long term? Sneak into playoffs at 7-9 and maybe upset a team or two OR Take this year's positive momentum and add Top ten draft picks throughout including 2 in the 3rd to really build further.  I honestly can't decide which makes tonight more relaxing and a win win in my mind. 

That's a negative vs positive.

You have to learn how to win after losing habitually.  The core guys need the experience like a predator's first taste of blood.

Everything starts with winning the division and today it begins.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

That's a negative vs positive.

You have to learn how to win after losing habitually.  The core guys need the experience like a predator's first taste of blood.

Everything starts with winning the division and today it begins.

I think you are right.  I just spent so many years wanting the immediate result that may have impacted long term success.  If that make sense?

1 hour ago, Timberob said:

A win or two? You realize two puts us into the NFC Championship game? I'll definitely take that. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

A win or two? You realize two puts us into the NFC Championship game? I'll definitely take that. 

I'm not a greedy person.  I'll happily take a five game winning streak starting with tonight.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Timberob said:

I know you mean well but this is loser talk.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

There's no reason they can't beat Tampa.  Brady is a statue and hadn't performed his best vs a consistent pass rush. 

Stranger things have happened.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

There's no reason they can't beat Tampa.  Brady is a statue and hadn't performed his best vs a consistent pass rush. 

Stranger things have happened.

With this defense and Smith healthy I actually feel like we have a chance against most teams. I think the Packers would for sure beat us and the Saints would likely be in that category too. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Ashburn Dave said:

I know you mean well but this is loser talk.  

Yes, but in his defense, if you’ve been a fan of this organization long enough it comes with the territory. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

With this defense and Smith healthy I actually feel like we have a chance against most teams. I think the Packers would for sure beat us and the Saints would likely be in that category too. 

Packers just lost their LT and the Saints will be without Kamara for 2 weeks due to COVID. Just saying, they're both wounded teams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Timberob said:

This may help you feel better about a win. Even if we lose it's very unlikely - very very unlikely we get a top 10 draft pick. We would be 6-10. There are already 4 teams with 11 loses and the two teams with a tie 4-10-1. Even if they win, we have a better record at 6-10. So best we get is a 7th. 

Then we get to spots 7 - 10. First one is Detroit. They play minn so in fairness this is one place we could move up - if I understand the tie breakers. Since we didn't play Minn, we have a weaker strength of schedule so we would pick ahead of them. And Detroit falls below us becasue they beat us in the regular season. 

Next are the giants. If they beat Dallas, dallas goes to 6-10 and we pick after them since we swept them. So no help there. Next is Carolina who did beat us. But they would have to beat NO who is playing for 1st rd seeding. I guess anything could happen but it's unlikely. Last in the top 10 is Denver. They play the Raiders. I have no idea what will happen. If they win, we may jump ahead of them based on SOS. Our best possible spot would be 8th but only if we lose and Minn, Carolina and Denver all win. Impossible? No. very unlikely, yas. 

So let's say all that happens. The problem is there are 5 others teams with 6-9 records including dallast who I discussed above. They are no help - go figure. One of them is SF who we beat so even both losing they stay ahead of us so now we are at very best is 9th. For that to happen the Chargers need to beat the Chiefs - even resting starters I just don't see this, but who knows - NE has to beat the Jets - certainly possible but the Jets have been playing poorly (there goes that playing for draft position theory) and the Pats have looked like ****.  

So for us to get to the top 10 - we need to lose to Philly (yuck!!!) and then: 

Minn has to beat Detroit

Carolina has to beat NO

Denver has to beat the Raiders

Chargers have to beat the Chiefs

and!! 

NE has to beat the Jets. 

Again, impossible? No. Very unlikely yes. Realistically a loss probably moves us from 19th to maybe 12 or 13. And if we win in the POs I would never trade a PO win for draft position - ever. Personally I would take a win over draft position pretty much every time if it puts you in the POs. But I may be in the minority. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Packers just lost their LT and the Saints will be without Kamara for 2 weeks due to COVID. Just saying, they're both wounded teams.

This year is wide open.  Not to mention there is always a possibility of teams losing key players last minute due to covid.  5 game winning streak starts today!

• Like 3

The final word is out, Ron Rivera says Alex Smith, Terry McLaurin, and Antonio Gibson are good to go for Eagles game.  https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/1/3/22210965/ron-rivera-says-alex-smith-terry-mclaurin-and-antonio-gibson-are-good-to-go-for-eagles-game?fbclid=IwAR38U0pj1RdPmMadSM8FHoDWUehk6pKlRoW84fPGgU5oaDJnVYQ_H5SjZ0Q

Edited by RedskinsLegacy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if I picked.....but here goes.

Skins 38

Uggles 17

Alex 4-8 29yds

Heineken 20-27 220 2 tds 1 int

Gibson and company over 200yards rushing 3 tds.

Defense reigns Supreme. 5 sacks 1 int and 1 strip sack.