Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The War on Christmas

Cooked Crack

@LD0506 How the **** did you find that?  That's one of my favorite all time movie quotes. And one I often want to embed in Tailgate posts. (Usually referencing Trump supporters and others ability to refuse to admit they were a wrong, even after they've been rescued.)  But I've never been able to find it. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

@LD0506 How the **** did you find that?  That's one of my favorite all time movie quotes. And one I often want to embed in Tailgate posts. (Usually referencing Trump supporters and others ability to refuse to admit they were a wrong, even after they've been rescued.)  But I've never been able to find it. 

You old fellas really need to get with the times. Nothings impossible with a simple Google search :cheers:

• Like 2

‘Sit on Satan’s Lap’ fundraising event draws different reactions

A local art group is trying to raise money for pandemic relief, but how they’re doing it is amusing some and outraging others. You might remember a Jeffrey Epstein statue that was placed outside of Albuquerque’s City Hall months ago. It stirred up a lot of controversy. The local art group, Antlion Entertainment Art Collective, told KRQE News 13 it was a satirical political statement. And now, they’re back at it again.

“There was actually a typo, a clerical error and I just kind of rolled with it because everyone needs the money, money is tight right now,” said the artist behind the fundraiser. He wants to be identified as Satan.

The artist said their event ‘Sit on Satan’s Lap’ will take place at the University of New Mexico’s Johnson Field on December 19 to raise money for the aid organization, Direct Relief, which provides global humanitarian medical help. “They’re hosting an event where I will be behind a barrier with only my knee exposed and so children can sit on my lap and get what they want for Christmas because Santa is hiding out like a coward and I’m willing to step up to the plate,” said the artist, Satan.

On the event’s description posted on social media, it says: “How many people have been saved by prayer? Zero. How many have been saved by wearing a mask? 130,000”. It also says: “Don’t send thoughts and pray. Donate $6.66 today.” The photoshopped picture of Satan with children has gotten hundreds of comments.

download.png

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

On 12/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, LD0506 said:

5fd36fcf1b091.jpg.824caa481e03fcacc7a4d87f7bcbd117.jpg

It's that time of the year again where I try to navigate the holiday season without hearing Paul McCartney's aural holocaust, "Wonderful Christmastime."

3 or 4 years ago I thought I was safe.  I was a few days out from Christmas and heading down the home stretch, as far as I could tell I wouldn't be in a situation (church, family, work, etc) where I'd have to hear that song.

Then I went for a haircut.

I almost took the scissors to my own throat.  Not only did I have to hear it, but I couldn't go anywhere, couldn't change the station or anything.  Trapped in the seat at the hair cut shop having to listen to the entire ****ing thing.

I've not been able to pull this off but 2020 is looking pretty good.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

It’s not exactly a War ON Christmas, but my inability to wrap presents with any skill should be a war crime. In addition to the ****ty wrap jobs, I also cut myself and spilled my drink on the carpet. I stopped with one still left because I feared I would somehow start a fire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It’s not exactly a War ON Christmas, but my inability to wrap presents with any skill should be a war crime. In addition to the ****ty wrap jobs, I also cut myself and spilled my drink on the carpet. I stopped with one still left because I feared I would somehow start a fire. 

This is why you opt for the gift bags, instead of wrapping paper. Haven’t wrapped a present in years.

image.jpeg.1698c9cd66f21d46a0150c328e99ede0.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is why you opt for the gift bags, instead of wrapping paper. Haven’t wrapped a present in years.

Yup.  Few years ago I took to giving gifts in those reusable canvas shopping bags.  They're only five bucks or so more on top of the present price.  Friends/Family seem to really appreciate it...usable wrapping and a nice gift inside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

There's a handy little nursery rhyme that comes in handy during those situations: "Cherry bombs are for backyard science experiments, not for wrapping Christmas gifts".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This speaks to me.  I have watched videos on how to wrap gifts, and had several women in my life patiently attempt to walk me through it.  It always ends up looking like it was wrapped by a toddler.  I’m not even sure how some of it happens, like why does it look so wrinkled?  

I'm and old carpenter,(literally ;) ),so I figure if I can custom finish million dollar homes,I can wrap a few damn presents.  Nope. Apparently using a nail gun and miter saw doesn't work too well. The liquid nail,however,works like a charm. Need a reciprocating saw and a grinder to open the ****ers. :) 

I suck at wrapping presents. Gave up. This  would be a good job for me,(not my work. Somebody else's on the net). Boxes and bags for me if I have to wrap. Gift cards otherwise. Not even I can mess up an envelope. ;) 

201d3e9f30be161a57b927cc55adeaa2.jpg

• Haha 9