Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The War on Christmas

Cooked Crack

40 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean a christmas office party does not really have anything to do with christmas in regards to it's qualification as a christmas movie. 

Irrelevant. They could be meeting for literally any office party or gathering and the movie doesn't change at all. It doesn't lose it's message, it's plot, it's visuals, it's songs, it's dialogue etc. Christmas has zero impact on this movie. 

image.thumb.png.bf00b3f637387b9ac630aaa2e98873ef.png

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bang said:

2. I can't stand when the stores and everybody goes ape **** for Christmas in mid-November or before. (I get why stores do, that dollar is getting harder for them to grab.)
But overall it just cheapens it. Takes away everything special about it. Forces it, and really, makes a mockery of what it is all about. As a kid, how hard is it to hold the excitement for 8 weeks or more? How long before it just becomes part of the background?

As a kid, the greatest buildup in the world is the lead up to Halloween, then a pause, then the buildup to Christmas. Now it's one long season and that kind of sucks. 

• Like 3

OK, let's celar a few things up - or stop a few things up... 🙂  

Die Hard - It was an office Christmas Party - timing was critical to the theft so yes it is a Christmas Movie 

A Christmas Story - Worst Christmas Movie ever except th part Ralphie beat the living **** out of the bully. 

Best Christmas Movie of all time - It's A Wonderful Life - It's not really even close. Well maybe Miracle on 34th Street. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

OK, let's celar a few things up - or stop a few things up... 🙂  

Die Hard - It was an office Christmas Party - timing was critical to the theft so yes it is a Christmas Movie - it was even released at Christmas 

A Christmas Story - Worst Christmas Movie ever except th part Ralphie beat the living **** out of the bully. 

Best Christmas Movie of all time - It's A Wonderful Life - It's not really even close. Well maybe Miracle on 34th Street. 

Die Hard released in July, you know that classic Christmas movie release period

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

image.png.bb2bc96a33174b5458b06a11eef94956.png

I remember this scene differently.  It was more Santa McClain going down the chimney to  deliver "presents" at the approximate speed of the muzzle velocity of a Hechler and Koch MP5 to children in the Nakatomi Plaza.  Ho Ho Ho M'Fer.  What a classic.

santa_bruce2.jpg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Die Hard released in July, you know that classic Christmas movie release period

Hey don't mock Christmas in the summer. My mom used to send Christmas cards out in July. She said it kept Christmas alive all year. 

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

I used to think that too but Wikipedia says it was release in June or July ;)

it is seemingly in nonstop replay every December though :)

I would have sworn it was released at Christmas. Guess I should have looked first.. 🙂  I remember seeing it at the theater but must have been summer. Still, it was a Christmas Office Party - so it's Christmas movie in my mind. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

would have sworn it was released at Christmas. Guess I should have looked first.. 🙂  I remember seeing it at the theater but must have been summer. Still, it was a Christmas Office Party - so it's Christmas movie in my mind. 

I recall watching a thing on the movie that basically said they expected it to be a flop and it’s wild success was completely unexpected

so maybe that’s why it was released as a general summer movie. Could also be that they didn’t have the same yearly cycle back then that they have now. I can’t remember. I think it’s the first reason though...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Best Christmas Movie of all time - It's A Wonderful Life - It's not really even close.

It's debatable that this is a Christmas movie because only the end scene takes place at Christmas but the message is really what makes it a Christmas movie. So I approve. 

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Still, it was a Christmas Office Party - so it's Christmas movie in my mind. 

So any movie about anything that happens to take place at a christmas office party is a christmas movie? 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So any movie about anything that happens to take place at a christmas office party is a christmas movie? 

Sure, why not. Look, I get what you are saying but again the Christmas Party was the backdrop and that was the timing the crooks were looking for. 

I see you want Christmas movies to have a Christmas theme or message to them. Fair enough but being the heathen I am it really doesn't matter that much to me. For me, it's more about the time frame it's associated with OR if there is a Christmas themed message. 

So, is Home Alone a Christmas movie? 

7 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Die Hard can be a Christmas movie.

But if it's your FAVORITE Christmas movie... ya basic. 

Agreed!  

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

top 5 worst takes of December so far. To be fair, it’s early 

Will Ferrell is annoying.

Will Ferrell playing an idiot is doubly annoying.

Will Ferrell playing an idiot in tights is a crime against humanity.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So, is Home Alone a Christmas movie? 

Of course, its a top 5 Christmas movie actually. The entire plot revolves around Christmas, Christmas songs play throughout, the dialogue is actually about Christmas, and it has multiple messages/themes that relate to Christmas. 

8 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Will Ferrell is annoying.

Will Ferrell playing an idiot is doubly annoying.

Will Ferrell playing an idiot in tights is a crime against humanity.

Elf GIFs | Tenor

40 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Die Hard - It was an office Christmas Party - timing was critical to the theft so yes it is a Christmas Movie 

They could have substituted literally any event that causes the whole company to be distracted, doing coke and ****ing each other.  At my former company, they called that Happy Hour.  Die Hard's writers chose Christmas, but that doesn't make it a Christmas movies.  Christmas movies are about Christmas.  Die Hard is about the brutal murder of Professor Snape and his band of Norwegian mercenary thieves which happens to occur during an office Christmas party.   Freaking Independence Day isn't a movie about Independence Day (a commemoration of the US' declared that it was no longer subject to the authority of King George III) , it's a movie about a war with aliens that happens to coincide with July 4th.  

Worst Christmas movie is A Charlie Brown Christmas.  Why Charlie Brown ever became popular, and why it remains popular to this day, 55 years later, is a total mystery to me.  As a character, Charlie Brown is just some formless depressed kid with no personality other than sucking at everything (football kicking, kite flying, dog ownership, etc).  The plot of the movie is just a careening between random Christmas-adjacent events.  He picks a ****ty tree, which everyone hates, and then don't hate anymore.  The end.  **** off Charlie Brown.

Best Christmas Movie of all time is Elf.  Maybe it is It's a Wonderful Life but I have never seen that film because I feel that society has tried far too hard to jam it down by throat.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Of course, its a top 5 Christmas movie actually. The entire plot revolves around Christmas, Christmas songs play throughout, the dialogue is actually about Christmas, and it has multiple messages/themes that relate to Christmas. 

Really it's just a case of child abuse following by assault and attempted kidnapping. Just happens to be at Christmas.   JK  😂

My son used to rent Home Alone 3 every time we went to Blockbuster. He would watch it over and over again. We hear his cackle all the way across the house. Finally bought it for him when we could. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Worst Christmas movie is A Charlie Brown Christmas.  Why Charlie Brown ever became popular, and why it remains popular to this day, 55 years later, is a total mystery to me.  As a character, Charlie Brown is just some formless depressed kid with no personality other than sucking at everything (football kicking, kite flying, dog ownership, etc).  The plot of the movie is just a careening between random Christmas-adjacent events.  He picks a ****ty tree, which everyone hates, and then don't hate anymore.  The end.  **** off Charlie Brown.

Best Christmas Movie of all time is Elf.  

Charlie is lovable because he is the typical

average everyman loser American that everyone can relate too.

Will Ferrell in tights is a deal breaker for me. Maybe it’s OK for you Americans who grew up with men in spandex playing football, but my repressed homoeroticism must be being triggered or something.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Maybe it is It's a Wonderful Life but I have never seen that film because I feel that society has tried far too hard to jam it down by throat.  

You should watch it, it is a great movie though I was forced to watch this all the time when I was little and it truly felt like it was 5 hours. Just the most boring moving ever. It hits much differently as an adult. 

• Like 1