Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The War on Christmas

Cooked Crack

I put my Christmas lights up the other day and learned that I have strands of lights in three different shades of white. Decided that situation was overdue for rectifying and looked online at both Target and Lowes to buy more of the preferred shade. Sold out. Sold out!?!?

Thanks Biden, one month into the job and we’re already dealing with the effects of cancel culture on Christmas. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I put my Christmas lights up the other day and learned that I have strands of lights in three different shades of white. Decided that situation was overdue for rectifying and looked online at both Target and Lowes to buy more of the preferred shade. Sold out. Sold out!?!?

Thanks Biden, one month into the job and we’re already dealing with the effects of cancel culture on Christmas. 

I'm sorry...but what does this have to do with Die Hard...unless you went al John McClane on their asses

11 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I'm sorry...but what does this have to do with Die Hard...unless you went al John McClane on their asses

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Die Hard with a Vengence

Live Free or Die Hard

A Good Day to Die Hard

Decorate or Die Hard

...mind you its just a working title

• Haha 4

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Non Die Hard-specific War on Christmas antics:  Rather than an inflatable Santa or Snowman or Jesus, I put up an inflatable Yoda.  

star-wars-christmas-inflatables-118736-64_145.jpg

without Yoda, there is no baby Yoda. That’s a Christmas miracle. 
Plus, he’s practically an elf and there was snow in the first movie he was in, which automatically qualifies any movie for Christmas status.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's not canon, but I assume John doesn't want any Christmas herpes. 

No man has ever been about to get some and thought “I better not, I might catch something.”

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Non Die Hard-specific War on Christmas antics:  Rather than an inflatable Santa or Snowman or Jesus, I put up an inflatable Yoda.  

You put up an inflatable Yoda where...exactly.

...know what...nevermind.  I guess some people really like their Star Wars 😉.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m going to die on this hill that it isn’t a Christmas movie and then I’m going to kill every one of you that thinks it is 

What will you be humming on this spree?  If you play your cards right,it could be a Christmas Massacre

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

Home Alone can happen in July when school gets out. 
It’s a wonderful life can take place any day of the entire year.

Sure it can but the entire movie that exists now is changed as a result from the beginning to the very end. All of the dialogue, the songs, the entire plot is different and would have to be rewritten. 

set die hard on St Patrick’s day and everything is literally the exact same. Not hypothetically but the actual movie that exists right now is the same after the first 5 minutes. Christmas serves no purpose to that movie 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

For the second year in a row, we couldn’t decide if we wanted a star or an angel on top of the tree. So, we picked both and there is a picture of baby Yoda on top of our tree again this year 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

set die hard on St Patrick’s day and everything is literally the exact same. Not hypothetically but the actual movie that exists right now is the same after the first 5 minutes. Christmas serves no purpose to that movie 

Except the whole reason John McClane is there in the first place is to be with his family for Christmas.  And they're at a company Christmas party.  It would be a stretch to say "I'm coming to visit for St. Patrick's day, so we can get drunk together."  What companies throw St. Patrick's Day parties?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

Honestly the movie being released in July is a better argument than this idea that you can substitute a plot device with another therefore it has nothing to do with it. 

you guys should just stick to the July release reason 🙂

Its a wonderful life was released in that magical Christmas month that is............ January.  🤓

The original miracle on 34th Street was released in May. ‍🎄

Jaws 4 the revenge, arguably the greatest Christmas movie of all time, was released in July same as Die Hard. 😋

18 minutes ago, China said:

What companies throw St. Patrick's Day parties?

Uh the best companies? 

Edited by clietas
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, clietas said:

Its a wonderful life was released in that magical Christmas month that is............ January.  🤓

The original miracle on 34th Street was released in June. 🧑🎄

Jaws 4 the revenge, arguably the greatest Christmas movie of all time, was released in July same as Die Hard. 😋

basically the only argument that holds up that it isn’t a Christmas movie is

”I just don’t want it to be called a Christmas movie”

Which is fine. They’re allowed to be wrong 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, clietas said:

Arguable Michael Caine's best movie...and such a holiday classic.   Santa Jaws is coming to town...

Jaws-The-Revenge-Poster-29-6-10-kc-1.png

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, China said:

Except the whole reason John McClane is there in the first place is to be with his family for Christmas.  And they're at a company Christmas party.  It would be a stretch to say "I'm coming to visit for St. Patrick's day, so we can get drunk together."  What companies throw St. Patrick's Day parties?

a lot of companies throw at Patrick’s day parties. And it could be his kids birthday. The point is that taking Christmas out of the movie changes nothing about the movie. It’s not relevant to the plot at all 

44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Sure it can but the entire movie that exists now is changed as a result from the beginning to the very end. All of the dialogue, the songs, the entire plot is different and would have to be rewritten. 

except for the music and some of the dialogue and the reason McClane is going to visit his wife and there is nothing like rekindling love on St. Patrick’s day.

Lets rewrite the vault opening scene: 

“it’s st. Patrick’s day eve, the mayor won’t actually care.”

When the vault opens after St. Patrick’s day music “Happy St. Patrick’s day”

You’re right. The script practically writes itself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMKQVPV1pf0

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, clietas said:

its a wonderful life isn’t really a Christmas movie either but it’s message is so strong it’s considered one. 

Miracle on 34th street is clearly about Christmas so the release date is irrelevant. 

basically die hard has nothing in its favor except that it happens to take place around Christmas. 

it’s just a bunch of dude bros happily fulfilling the typical male stereotype as they cite die hard as a Christmas movie at parties and gatherings. “Look at that manly man and his action Christmas movie” 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

its a wonderful life isn’t really a Christmas movie either but it’s message is so strong it’s considered one. 

Miracle on 34th street is clearly about Christmas so the release date is irrelevant. 

basically die hard has nothing in its favor except that it happens to take place around Christmas. 

it’s just a bunch of dude bros happily fulfilling the typical male stereotype as they cite die hard as a Christmas movie at parties and gatherings. “Look at that manly man and his action Christmas movie” 

tenor.gif?itemid=14685744

• Haha 2