Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Pittsburgh Football Team ~ Monday Early Evening Football Edition

TK

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's gotta be a bot. No sane human being would take our franchise over the ****ing Steelers 😂

The funny thing about it is not just the tweet, but that several people responded to it by copying and pasting it to say it again.

18 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Steelers were 78-1-1 when leading by 14 or more in the first half at home. 

In fairness, 78-2-1 when leading by 14 or more in the first half is still a hell of an accomplishment. And also in fairness, there were no fans today, and I'm sure that helps their defense.

But it does show how hard they are to come back on.

7 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

What a difference a competent coaching staff makes. If only we had this defense during the Kirk/Garcon/Jackson offense days

Or, to put a positive spin on this, just imagine what would look like with experienced offensive weapons and a legit QB. Because that can still happen after a couple more seasons of rebuilding.

25 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I saw something earlier today that the division wasn’t are only option.   If we win the rest if the way and lose the division to NY; we may still have a shot at 7th wild card. 

Its possible.

Not probable, but possible.

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The funny thing about it is not just the tweet, but that several people responded to it by copying and pasting it to say it again.

I think that’s a tweet that goes around for every sports team on twitter. There’s one for every sports team. Pretty sure it’s just trolls being trolls for fun. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fairness, 78-2-1 when leading by 14 or more in the first half is still a hell of an accomplishment. And also in fairness, there were no fans today, and I'm sure that helps their defense.

But it does show how hard they are to come back on.

Of course it is still an incredibly impressive statistic. The point was to highlight how impressive and unlikely tonight's win was, fans in the stadium or not. 

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

we're 1 game out of the WC spot. there are a couple teams ahead of us that have a tiebreaker, but if we win out like he says, i'd say there's a decent chance

We can't entirely say that we control our own destiny, but winning out would make our chances highly favorable.

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I gotta admit...I was enjoying seeing the fight we put up, but most of the game I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop and for us to collapse (can you really blame me, though?)...but they actually finished! It was amazing that they kept it up. 

Classic case of PJGTSD. Post-Jay Gruden Traumatic Stress Disorder.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Classic case of PJGTSD. Post-Jay Gruden Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Holy ****, this is beautiful. And 100% accurate. Despite everything weve witnessed to the contrary in 2020, I absolutely dread second halves. Even as I type this

10 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Alex used the Harvard brain of his to save that time. Brilliant!

He played at Utah :unsure:

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

someone still needs to teach Alex how to throw the ball away and stop taking sacks when theyre in FG range... and most of his stats are padded by dink and dunk. but he's definitely progressing

He threw a few deep balls.  That one yo Sims got us the lead. You're right about the sacks though.

Archived