Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Pittsburgh Football Team ~ Monday Early Evening Football Edition

TK

1 minute ago, Redd said:

He threw a few deep balls.  That one yo Sims got us the lead. You're right about the sacks though.

ya he played way better in the 2nd half. had a few great downfield passes. he was driving me crazy with all the dink/dunks and sacks in the 1st half though

3 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Sadly, of the QBs during the Snyder era who are no longer playing, he was one of the best.

If you ABSOLUTELY need a QB from the Snyder era, I'd see what Mark Brunnell was doing.  If you needed a QB and you can go outside of the Snyder era, then I might see what Trent Green is up to.  He had quite a bit of success in the league, and some type of a media career.  Maybe even Todd Collins.  

Hell, even Rex Grossman would be better.  

Of all the possible choices, JC is probably bottom 5 of who's available (Kurt, Griffin and Colt are all still playing. I wouldn't go with any of them anyway....)  Obviously, Jeff George would be the worst. Followed directly by Colt Brennan, who never played a down but there are still folks who built alters to him.  I don't think Ramsey would bring anything to the table either.  

Brad Johnson would never do it.  Jeff Blake could walk up to you, say, Hi, I'm Jeff Blake and most WFT fans would go, you're who now? 

JC was just a divisive guy who never really got it.  Just a strange choice.  

Bro, I don't recall a bigger win over the past 5 years. We've won games against teams that turned out to be suspect. But this one holds significance IMO. Yes the Steelers WR had drops, but so did we. Missed assignments are a part of the game. But this was a boni-fide slug match where two professional teams played tonight. I admit in the back of my mind, the past doubts came up expecting something to happen. But like King Rohan said, a day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This was a professional football win. Hail

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does Sims intentionally drop the ball on his head, after the play ?

Is that taunting ?

Are we fortunate there was no flag ?

Doesn't look intentional at all....there should have been a PI call though for the defender holding his arm, forcing him to one hand it

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does Sims intentionally drop the ball on his head, after the play ?

Is that taunting ?

Are we fortunate there was no flag ?

I don't think Sims saw the defender and intentionally dropped the ball on his head.  He wasn't even looking in his direction.  That said, that officiating crew probably would've flagged him with the way they were penalizing this team.

I'm gonna say it now that we've beaten them:

The Steelers really need to get their playcalling together. They had a lead for a majority of the game and Roethlisberger threw the ball 53 times. Our pass defense is top 5 and our run defense is, statistically, middle of the pack. Inexcusably stupid, but I'll take it.

Just now, yoshibob said:

I've always thought in the back of my head ... this Snyder cat sure can build a good team.

Sarcasm is for this weekend. Tonight we celebrate.

Just now, Mpvanskins said:

Game ball to Cam Sims tonight....I feel he made the biggest contribution...

Balled out for sure

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm gonna say it now that we've beaten them:

The Steelers really need to get their playcalling together. They had a lead for a majority of the game and Roethlisberger threw the ball 53 times. Our pass defense is top 5 and our run defense is, statistically, middle of the pack. Inexcusably stupid, but I'll take it.

ya.. im pinning this win on our defense overall. but their deep pass on 4th and 1 near the end was mind-boggling

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jeff Blake could walk up to you, say, Hi, I'm Jeff Blake and most WFT fans would go, you're who now? 

To be fair, they'd have good reason to wonder who Jeff Blake is. He never played for Washington. Tony Banks, though, now THERE is a legend.

Archived