Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Pittsburgh Football Team ~ Monday Early Evening Football Edition

TK

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm gonna say it now that we've beaten them:

The Steelers really need to get their playcalling together. They had a lead for a majority of the game and Roethlisberger threw the ball 53 times. Our pass defense is top 5 and our run defense is, statistically, middle of the pack. Inexcusably stupid, but I'll take it.

We completely shut down their run and screen game, I guarantee you their lack of runs wasn't by their design. Its one of the benefits of our front seven when our LBers are playing decent. Doesn't hurt having Curl anf Everett in there, they are good at being in the right position and tackle very well. 

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you ABSOLUTELY need a QB from the Snyder era, I'd see what Mark Brunnell was doing.  If you needed a QB and you can go outside of the Snyder era, then I might see what Trent Green is up to.  He had quite a bit of success in the league, and some type of a media career.  Maybe even Todd Collins.  

Hell, even Rex Grossman would be better.  

Of all the possible choices, JC is probably bottom 5 of who's available (Kurt, Griffin and Colt are all still playing. I wouldn't go with any of them anyway....)  Obviously, Jeff George would be the worst. Followed directly by Colt Brennan, who never played a down but there are still folks who built alters to him.  I don't think Ramsey would bring anything to the table either.  

Brad Johnson would never do it.  Jeff Blake could walk up to you, say, Hi, I'm Jeff Blake and most WFT fans would go, you're who now? 

JC was just a divisive guy who never really got it.  Just a strange choice.  

You left out Danny Wuerffel. What a **** show that was.

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

That catch and run by Sims woke us up. Then those deep balls to Thomas gave us life. JDM was just an energizer bunny in the second half. Those three along with Alex and the defense just won this game for us. 

All true. But the Sims one-handed grab really saved the game for us. That and the defense's 4th down stands.

18 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

To be fair, they'd have good reason to wonder who Jeff Blake is. He never played for Washington. Tony Banks, though, now THERE is a legend.

I never could keep them straight. 

For good reason.  

I'm impressed you figured out who I meant.  

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You left out Danny Wuerffel. What a **** show that was.

Yeah. I didn't go with any of the 47 ex-gators Spurrier had because I couldn't remember them all.  Shane Matthews, whoever.  But they were all pointless. 

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

All true. But the Sims one-handed grab really saved the game for us. That and the defense's 4th down stands.

Definitely. I'm not discounting anything from Sims this game. He showed up. And hopefully he can take pressure off TMac because he's showing he can be a number 2

11 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

We completely shut down their run and screen game, I guarantee you their lack of runs wasn't by their design. Its one of the benefits of our front seven when our LBers are playing decent. Doesn't hurt having Curl anf Everett in there, they are good at being in the right position and tackle very well. 

I don't disagree with your statement, but, when you have an 11 point lead, at home, vs and offensively challenged team without their best running back, you shouldn't have to throw the ball 51 times, especially with their defense. The Steelers have 2nd half of the season issues where teams have film on them and are not afraid of their running game. Shame on them for blowing that lead today, and kudos to the WFT for hanging in there and shutting the Steelers down in the 2nd half. 

I have to say, Big Ben looked uninspired today....like he didn't want to throw downfield and risk being exposed to injury. 

I’m on cloud 9...ain’t gonna lie.  The win is great but for me it’s what this win could signify more than anything else.  

Could our long years of suffering and disappointments FINALLY be nearing an end?

Washington NEVER wins a game like this...yet here we are.  Can this ship finally be headed in the right direction?  All indicators are YES.

Just now, method man said:

I've been saying it for weeks. You have to come up with more plays to feature Cam Sims. The guy has fantastic hands and is an awesome YAC threat...great instincts once the ball is in his hands

He's got legit chemistry with Alex, too.

@kingdaddy

You aren't wrong, and we will never know, but I truly believe Payne and Allen were mandhandling them so much in the middle and running outside against Young and Sweat is so difficult these days. 

Mike Tomlin is not an idiot, he is a very good coach. He didn't forget to the run the ball. They were scared to. 

They were scared to run the ball

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@kingdaddy

You aren't wrong, and we will never know, but I truly believe Payne and Allen were mandhandling them so much in the middle and running outside against Young and Sweat is so difficult these days. 

Mike Tomlin is not an idiot, he is a very good coach. He didn't forget to the run the ball. They were scared to. 

Their run game went absolutely nowhere in the first half. I am not surprised they gave up on it. Esp w/ their receivers matched up against our secondary.

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@kingdaddy

Benny Snell is trash. Look at his YPC prior to this game. He is like a poor man's Peyton Barber. Tomlin should've given Samuels and McFarland more carries

Archived