Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Pittsburgh Football Team ~ Monday Early Evening Football Edition

TK

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I saw something earlier today that the division wasn’t are only option.   If we win the rest if the way and lose the division to NY; we may still have a shot at 7th wild card. 

If we win the rest of the way, we won't need to get in through the WC. The Giants are turning it around, but they have a tough slate ahead. Much tougher than ours, now that the Steelers are out of the way.

1 minute ago, UKskins said:

it's not just the wins, it's the manner of whipping Dallas in Jerryworld on Turkey day and then grinding out a gritty win against one of the best teams in the league.

I have a super important presentation at work tomorrow and it's now 2am so have a beer for me guys!

Well worth staying up for! What a win,

First one possession win.  Up to this point, we'd lost to every close game to teams that are no where near as good!

Just now, Darc Requiem said:

It's nice to have a coaching staff that can make mid game adjustments.

finally having a competent coaching staff for the first time in FOREVER definitely raises our ceiling quite a bit. making those adjustments is everything. have a foundation now too with a dominant D Line. need a few more playmakers on offense, and figure out who Alex's replacement is before another limb falls off, and this team has a future

5 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

How about this for shock value.  After being down 14-0, they outscored the 11-0 Pittsburgh Steelers 23-3.  Their improved play in the second half continues.

Did you see the stat that Steelers were 78-1-1 when leading by 14 at home? Crazy!

What's really wonderful about this win is how it forces us all to recalibrate our expectations for what lies ahead.

There is not a single team left on our schedule that I can honestly say is better than Pittsburgh. We beat Pittsburgh on the road.

Let's win em all!

Ron made a good point about how Turner had to figure out a new flow in the first half without AG. You figure AG and McKissic together creates opportunities on offense. They finally figured it out in the 4th QTR against the #1 defense in the league in their home stadium. You cannot overlook that. This is one of the more solid wins I've seen in a while. 

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

If we win the rest of the way, we won't need to get in through the WC. The Giants are turning it around, but they have a tough slate ahead. Much tougher than ours, now that the Steelers are out of the way.

And their QB is not 100% this late in the season... Cult of Colt aint going to win every game.  The Seachickens just sucked.

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I think we are in better shape than the Giants in comparing the rest of our schedules. But if we end up with the same record, Giants will likely have a better division and head to head record. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.00.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.02.33 PM.png

Archived