Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

50 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Bill Gates at it again.

Bill Gates knows operating systems so it checks out.

You can’t argue with his science. mRNA and DNA sound a lot alike.

Plus she weighs the same as a duck, therefore a witch.

Also, the Earth is 6000 years old and Noah and his ark is a true story.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

72% of unvaccinated workers vow to quit if ordered to get vaccinated

A large number of unvaccinated workers say they'll quit their jobs if their employers follow upcoming federal rules to battle the Covid-19 pandemic.

A survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation, a think tank concentrating on health issues, found 37% of unvaccinated workers say they will quit their jobs if forced to either get vaccinated or take weekly Covid tests. And if their employer mandates vaccines and doesn't offer the testing option, 72% of the unvaccinated workers say they will quit.

The Biden administration is drafting workplace safety rules that will require all businesses with 100 or more employees to mandate the vaccines for their employees or frequently test workers. That large employer rule would apply to about 80 million US workers, or two-thirds of all workers nationwide.

If the surveyed unvaccinated workers follow through on their threats to quit, it would lead to somewhere between 5% to 9% of workers leaving their jobs, depending upon what rules they face.

Click on the link for the full article

The C.D.C. study used a roundabout experimental design. The researchers examined roughly 7,000 people hospitalized this year with Covid-like illness across nine states. They then looked at how many of those hospitalized patients were indeed infected with the coronavirus. The odds of testing positive for the virus were considerably higher among unvaccinated, previously infected patients than they were among vaccinated people. 

The study comes with several caveats, however. The researchers cautioned that the findings may not translate to non-hospitalized people with different levels of access to medical care, and that some patients in the vaccinated group may unknowingly have also had previous infections. 

The researchers also noted that separate research in Israel had failed to show that vaccinated people were better protected than those who had only been infected. In general, scientists said, studies on the topic had drawn contradictory conclusions.

I have no idea where I was days, weeks or months ago.  At this point, I am not convinced that a government (state or federal) mandate is all that helpful to the small but significant percentage of what I will call "conscientious objectors" to the vaccine.  Even in the health care realm.  Whoever is holding out now obviously has a strong enough viewpoint and although I disagree with their critical thinking, I don't think we should exclude these folks from society. 

Of course, companies, like private individuals are free to set their own terms of employment.  

COVID is COVID and blaming the unvaccinated for the existence of COVID, the spread of COVID, killing others due to COVID. clogging up hospitals due to COVID seems to be extreme. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

COVID is COVID and blaming the unvaccinated for the existence of COVID, the spread of COVID, killing others due to COVID. clogging up hospitals due to COVID seems to be extreme. 

It’s true though. It’s not gonna stop being true just because these people don’t want it to be. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Who's blaming the unvaccinated for the existence of covid? Morons perhaps.

Now I do blame the unvaccinated for the rona still spreading and killing folks here. They are most certainly clogging up hospitals in some areas. How are they not responsible at this point? 

Edited by clietas
  • Like 2

J&J person. Got Pfizer booster. Had covid October 2020. I don’t feel sick at all.

I do feel like grabbing a blanket a pillow and curling up in a ball and going to sleep for a month. 

which is what the J&J originally did to me too. I had the next day off with my kid and plans and all I did was go in an out of sleep on the couch while he watched movies. 

🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

@mammajamma

@Llevron

Vaccinated people still carry COVID.  The vaccine prevents bad symptoms.  

Blaming unvaccinated for the pandemic isn't a solution.  That's where the winds are going.  I agree that the vaccination makes people safer and healthy, but I am not at the point where I think compulsary COVID vaccine is going to stop the spread.  

30 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@mammajamma

@Llevron

Vaccinated people still carry COVID.  The vaccine prevents bad symptoms.  

Is that it? Is that all the vaccine does?

30 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Blaming unvaccinated for the pandemic isn't a solution.  That's where the winds are going.  I agree that the vaccination makes people safer and healthy, but I am not at the point where I think compulsary COVID vaccine is going to stop the spread.  

Obviously they didn’t START the pandemic. Who is saying that? And I’m not blaming them for anything because I think it’s a solution. We have a solution. Multiple of them. They won’t use it. I blame them for that. 

Im not going to sit here and argue facts with you. The science is not in question. It doesn’t really matter what you think or how you feel about it. Legitimately. I’m not saying that to be mean. 

• Like 4