Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

20 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I thought the only NBA game he came back for was the All Star game...

Nope, he came back twice, iirc.  A friend of mine had the tix & needed money, offered them to me...but he actually owed me money :ols: so I gave him a scrap bag of weed & another friend & I went...we made it to the Omni and back before the end of a Tennessee women's game...that's how boring it was. 

add:  I just found it, '95.

Edited by skinsmarydu

19 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Nope, he came back twice, iirc.  A friend of mine had the tix & needed money, offered them to me...but he actually owed me money :ols: so I gave him a scrap bag of weed & another friend & I went...we made it to the Omni and back before the end of a Tennessee women's game...that's how boring it was. 

add:  I just found it, '95.

That is wild, I blanked that out of my Lakers memories lol...

White House tells states to get ready to start vaccinating young children against COVID-19

The White House is now actively urging governors across the country to get ready to vaccinate elementary-age kids against COVID-19 starting early November.

Federal officials are still waiting for regulatory approval, but are ready to distribute 65 million doses of smaller, pediatric versions of the Pfizer vaccine.

In audio obtained by ABC News, White House officials told the governors it had enough pediatric doses on hand for the 28 million children ages 5 through 11 expected to become eligible once federal regulators give the green light.

"We've secured plenty of supply, and we'll be putting in place an allocation, ordering and distribution system similar to what we've used for the other vaccines," said President Joe Biden's White House COVID coordinator, Jeff Zients, on the phone call to governors.

The American Academy of Pediatrics says after more than 6 million kids tested positive for the virus, infections in children are down as well, but the group adds the case rate among kids is still exceptionally high.

While three out of four adults in the U.S. have gotten at least one dose of the vaccine, more than 68 million Americans eligible for the shot have yet to be vaccinated.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He's not some tool. He's just a tool.

I almost feel bad for his dumb ass. If only he wasnt a ****ing moron none of this would be happening to him. 

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He's not some tool. He's just a tool.

The fun part is he chose not to be an example. He could have been. Still can be. But he instead he's letting himself be a tool rather he wants it or not. 

• Like 1

TSA says 40% of employees are unvaccinated as deadline looms

The Transportation Security Administration says 4-in-10 members of its workforce, including screeners, remain unvaccinated against Covid-19 as its deadline looms.

The deadline for civilian federal government workers to be fully vaccinated is November 22 -- the Monday before Thanksgiving, one of the busiest travel times of the year.

"We have about 60% of our workforce has been vaccinated, that that number needs to go quite a bit higher over the next few weeks," TSA Administrator David Pekoske told CNN in an exclusive interview.

The November 22 deadline for being fully vaccinated is still six weeks away, but the deadlines for receiving the vaccines are rapidly approaching or, in the case of the Moderna vaccine, have already passed, since an individual has to receive the full schedule of doses and wait two weeks before being considered fully vaccinated.

Nearly 40 percent of Mass. prison guards still haven’t complied with the state’s vaccine mandate

The deadline for over 40,000 state government workers in Massachusetts to comply with Gov. Charlie Baker’s order requiring them to get the COVID-19 vaccine — or face potential termination — is this Sunday.

According to the union representing the state’s prison guards, about 1,500 of its members are still not in compliance.

“We have highly trained correction officers who have worked throughout the pandemic for 18 months and to now say 50 percent would be terminated, it’s not right,” Kevin Flanagan, the legislative liaison for the Massachusetts Correction Officers Federated Union, told WBZ in an article Thursday morning. “It’s not fair.”

The union, which represents roughly 4,000 state Department of Correction employees, is suing the Baker administration in federal court in the hopes of delaying the requirement from taking effect, arguing that its members have a “constitutional right to decline” the vaccine (a similar lawsuit by the Massachusetts State Police union was rejected last month by a state judge).

A panel of outside experts advised the Food and Drug Administration on Friday to authorize a booster dose of the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine for people 18 and older, at least 2 months after the first shot.  The unanimous recommendation will now be taken up by the FDA, which is expected to make a decision within days — a decision that will clarify the path forward for the 14 million people in the United States who have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, many of whom have felt left behind.

New Navy Guidance Will Discharge Sailors Refusing COVID-19 Vaccination Without Exemption

All active-duty Navy personnel must be vaccinated by Nov. 28 or face separation, according to a Navy administrative message released Wednesday.

Any active-duty Navy service members who do not get fully vaccinated or do not have an approved or pending exemption will be processed for an honorable separation without involuntary separation, according to NAVADMIN 225/21, released by Vice Chief of Naval Operations Adm. William Lescher and Chief of Naval Personnel Vice Adm. John Nowell.

Service members in the Ready Reserve Navy will need to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 28.

In order to meet the deadline, active duty members must receive their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, if receiving the two-shot Pfizer or Moderna version, by Nov. 14, according to a Thursday Navy news release. A person is not fully vaccinated until 14 days after receiving the second shot.

For members in the reserve, the deadline to receive the second shot is Dec. 14.

Those who are separated for refusing the vaccine will be discharged with no lower than a general discharge under honorable conditions, according to the Navy release.

Those refusing the vaccine cannot be promoted, advance, reenlist or execute orders outside of ones involving separation. Any officer who refuses to be vaccinated will have any promotions delayed.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

FYI for folks with kids under 5: Pfizer’s ceo has stated publicly on several occasions that the 6mo-5yr group is running about a month behind the 5+ group, which *should* result in an early December EUA. 

However…

I got a call from our pediatrician office’s clinical research team this afternoon. We had been on a waitlist awhile back for the pfizer clinical trial and didn’t make the initial cut. But they are apparently still enrolling for the 6mo-5yr group. FDA asked for a broader study with more participants and Pfizer has apparently yet to deliver that.

My speculation: It’s possible the FDA proceeds with an EUA with the current dataset in December.

But given they are still enrolling participants, I went ahead and scheduled my 4 and 2 year old for an appointment at the end of October. They’ll get an initial blood draw and their first dose, then their second dose three weeks later. There’s a 2/3 chance that it will be the vaccine and 1/3 placebo. If an EUA happens during the trial period, they’ll un-blind the trial participants and the placebo group will get the actual shot. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure why Abbot and DeSantis are so eager to endanger and potentially kill the citizens they serve, but if these morons want to kill themselves, I wish they'd hurry it up.

'I am offended': DeSantis vows to sue Biden over vaccine mandates

Gov. Ron DeSantis has opened a multimillion-dollar battle against vaccine mandates, and on Thursday took the fight to the Biden administration.

The GOP governor said Florida will challenge in federal court and through legislation any vaccine mandates placed on employers or others by President Joe Biden. DeSantis’ comments follow those of Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, who earlier this week banned vaccine requirements in his state.

“Let's not have Biden come in and effectively take away — threaten to take away — the jobs of people who have been working hard throughout this entire pandemic,” DeSantis said during a news conference in Fort Myers. “I am offended that a police officer could potentially lose their job.”

Biden announced plans to issue the vaccine mandate for businesses with more than 100 employees and federal workers through the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration in September. The plans immediately drew the ire from Republicans including DeSantis, who has said vaccination should be a personal choice and people who have become naturally immune to Covid-19 should be exempt from the mandate.

“I just think it's fundamentally wrong to be taking people's jobs away, particularly given the situations that we see ourselves facing with the economy,” DeSantis said.

DeSantis has consistently rejected Covid-related restrictions, including vaccine passports, mask mandates and lockdowns. 

27 minutes ago, China said:

I'm not sure why Abbot and DeSantis are so eager to endanger and potentially kill the citizens they serve

They both believe that killing large numbers of Americans, in favor of a virus that can neither vote nor donate money, improves their chance of being the next President.  '

And it looks like so far, they're right.  

• Sad 1

The GQP has positioned itself on vaccines/COVID so that it can’t lose.

If the Delta surge is over and 2022 is gonna be a good time, then they were always right about the virus being a hoax.

If a variant surges and cases/hospitalizations rise again, then the vaccine doesn't work and the mandates are tyranny…TYRANNY!

This is politics in 2021+

Big businesses are siding against Texas in mandate fight

The fight over vaccine mandates between the White House and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) is putting businesses in the middle. But many are picking the White House’s preferred policy.

American Airlines and Southwest Airlines, which are both based in the Lone Star State, say they will defy Abbott’s order that no business in the state can impose a vaccine mandate on employees or customers and comply with President Biden’s mandate that all companies with at least 100 employees require vaccines or weekly testing for employees.

Other companies based in Texas have already imposed vaccine mandates and have given no indication they will change their positions in the wake of Abbott’s executive order.

Texas-based Dell Technologies has required vaccinations or testing since January. A few major technology companies not based in Texas do have hubs in Austin, like Google and Facebook, and already require employees be vaccinated.

Southwest downplayed any fight with the home-state governor, saying Biden’s order “superseded any state mandate or law.” The airline has ordered its thousands of employees to be vaccinated by Dec. 8. 

American Airlines also said it believes a federal mandate supersedes state laws.

Witold Henisz, the Deloitte & Touche professor of management at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, said the conflicting orders are a “hassle.” He also said that most big corporations favor vaccine mandates, since it makes it easier for them to do business. That will put them on the side of Biden and against Abbott, even if they avoid advertising a political stance.

“The large companies — the airlines, the big retailers — they want to get to the point where it’s safe for their employees to come in. So they’re overall happy with the mandate, and this political appeal from Abbott is the last thing they wanted. It’s a hassle for them,” Henisz said.

The Business Roundtable, which represents CEOs, warned against state and local governments getting in the way of companies keeping their workers safe.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:38 AM, Llevron said:

I almost feel bad for his dumb ass. If only he wasnt a ****ing moron none of this would be happening to him. 

The fun part is he chose not to be an example. He could have been. Still can be. But he instead he's letting himself be a tool rather he wants it or not. 

I do not feel the least bit sorry - I realize you said almost so more adding on than responding. He deserves everything he gets from this point on. You want to believe the ignorance and rhetoric, you have every right to do so. But the part people always ignore when screaming about their rights is having the right does not mean there are no consequences of those actions. 

They are like 5 y/os - but ones who are old enough to know better - they want to do what they want without any repercussions what so ever. Just not how the world works. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

It won't work. I had a guy tell me the other day he's waiting on a less invasive vaccine that doesn't use genetic material

Smart people are wrapped up in all this bull**** because they've been brainwashed by FoxNews and Tucker Carlson into believing this is all political. I guarantee you that they'd be signing up in droves for the vaccine right now if Trump was president and it required an enema

• Haha 4