Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I believe the blue line of rapid antigen goes through day 10 but this is an imperfect graph from an epidemiologist / immunologist.

On average you are contagious from about 2 days before symptoms through 3-5 days after symptoms with a normal immune system.

gotcha. according to that graph, you have "moderate contagiousness" until day 10

This is a great read on the benefit of rapid tests in stopping transmission and how they are not meant to replace PCR but determine actively contagious cases.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/10/covid-rapid-test-use-advice.html

These two tests may produce different results, and it’s important to understand why. Obviously one reason is that there are false positives and negatives on any test, due to user error or other issues. But let’s put that aside. Even if they are used exactly right, you may get a negative rapid test and a positive PCR test. In fact, this is expected to happen. Why?This occurs because the PCR test is more sensitive to lower viral loads than the rapid test. For example, if you’ve recovered from COVID, the PCR will remain positive for a while—for weeks or, in rare cases, months—while antigen tests are negative. Importantly in that case, though, you are not contagious anymore. The antigen test in that case is “right” in the sense that you shouldn’t worry about spreading to other people.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Revenge of the Silent (Vaccinated) Majority

Vaccinated Americans are fed up with the pandemic – and with those who refuse to get inoculated and wear masks.

Professional athletes are used to getting booed by fans on occasion. It could be the reaction to a missed catch, a championship-killing baseball between the legs, or maybe the player defected to a rival team and left some hurt feelings. But in the case of Buffalo Bills player Cole Beasley, the unheard-of boos from hometown fans had nothing to do with his performance on the field.

Beasley's not vaccinated against COVID-19, and he has been very vocal about it on social media, saying he doesn't need the shot and doesn't think it's anyone else's place to mandate it for him or anyone else.

"Only place I get boo'd is at our home stadium. Then some of the same people want me to take pictures and sign autographs. I thought Bills fans were the best in the world? Where'd they go? If the vaccine works then why do vaxxed people need to be protected from unvaxxed?" Beasley complained on Twitter, adding that fans "right behind the bench [are] yelling at me to get vaccinated and talking (s***)."

"It makes zero sense to me, from a selfish personal point of view and a team point of view," says Dr. Tom Russo, chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at the University of Buffalo's Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, noting the threat to Beasley's own health and that of his teammates.

"He's emblematic of the frustration" felt by vaccinated Americans, adds Russo, reacting to the situation as both a medical professional and a Bills fan. "We want to be done with this. The reality is, we could have been done with this" had people been more diligent about getting inoculated and wearing masks, he says.

"Cole Beasley – and he's part of a significant minority – has made mistakes about being public about his tweets. As a result, he has become an object of frustration. Not only is he holding us back, at the end of the day, it's costing lives," Russo says.

More than a year and a half into the pandemic, and 10 months after vaccines first became available, the battle between the vaxxed and un-vaxxed is hitting a breaking point. Those who oppose vaccine mandates – or don't trust the vaccine itself – have gotten headlines for protesting, ripping masks off others' faces and dramatically announcing they will quit public sector or health care jobs instead of getting inoculated.

But there's a bigger group, experts say, who have been quieter but are just done with trying to educate, cajole or incentivize people to get the shot. Increasingly in polling, Americans favor mask and social distancing mandates as well as mandatory vaccinations for certain groups.

A recent Monmouth University poll found that 63% of Americans nationwide support state-based mask and social distancing rules, up from 52% in July. A Fox News poll in September found that 67% of respondents favor masks in schools, and 66% say businesses should be able to require them of employees and customers. There was also majority support for mandatory vaccinations for teachers (61% approve), federal employees (58%), businesses with more than 100 employees, as President Joe Biden has mandated (56%), and as a city requirement for people at gyms, restaurants and performances (54% approve, up from 50% in the summer).

"There's this underlying, silent majority who are upset with the whole anti-mask and anti-vax" movement, says Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth poll, predicting it will have an effect on competitive gubernatorial elections next month.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I know a Federal Worker willing to be removed rather than get the vaccine.  They are such a great friend, even though we have been meeting regularly for the past few years, we never had a conversation about COVID until today.  I care enough to write a long drawn out text message explaining the factual basis behind being pro-vaccine,  I also care enough about people convictions that I don't want to cross a line.  Probably leaning towards a text message.  

We had a private conversation and I couldn't believe how different they viewed COVID.  The vaccine is going to make you sterile, don't believe the fake news media, more people are dying from the vaccine, is COVID really killing people?   Bill Gates and our leaders are running a mass global population kill off and the vaccine is a sterilization program.  We can all just have natural immunity.  The government is lying to us, remember when we were going to "flatten the curve" for two weeks.  This is from a college graduate. 

Any of my logical counter points were handwaved away with another "they statement".  Why did Trump get the vaccine?  Wouldn't some scientist that believes the vaccine is evil be able to conduct some tests on mice and proove mass sterilization, etc. if it was true?  Where are the deep state whistleblowers?  What accounts for the statistical increase in excess deaths?   Who are "they"?  

All in all, we still had a great time hanging out and talking about life, but my mind was blown to actually hear and talk with someone who has such a different view of "facts".   I felt like I was witnessing someone so radicalized by some ideology that has no basis in reality. 

• Sad 2

Saw a post here, a month or two ago. Author was pointing out that, once one enters into the realm of conspiracy theories, then a change of viewpoint occurs. 

A lack of evidence goes from being a sign that one's beliefs are wrong, to being a sign of just how massive and pervasive the conspiracy is. 

He said that it's like believing that one never sees elephants hiding in the tops of trees, because they're really good at it. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Larry said:

Saw a post here, a month or two ago. Author was pointing out that, once one enters into the realm of conspiracy theories, then a change of viewpoint occurs. 

A lack of evidence goes from being a sign that one's beliefs are wrong, to being a sign of just how massive and pervasive the conspiracy is. 

He said that it's like believing that one never sees elephants hiding in the tops of trees, because they're really good at it. 

I was told, "If you see a turtle on top of a fence post, it didn't get there by itself."

I've learned to stay aware, but digging into any rabbit's hole on how the turtle got there can be dangerous and damaging in the worst way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't they disbar her already?

Ex-Trump Lawyer Sidney Powell Goes After Pentagon’s Vaccines

Former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, known for her conspiratorial lawsuits that tried to overturn the result of the 2020 presidential election, has set her sights on the Pentagon’s Covid vaccine mandate, suing the U.S. Defense Department on behalf of disgruntled service members.

The mandate, for all military personnel, requires use of a product that was rushed to market, more than a dozen service members said in a suit filed Wednesday by Powell’s Dallas-based nonprofit group Defending the Republic.

“Soldiers are not property of the government,” Powell said in an email. “We seek to protect their individual rights to decide what’s best for their own lives and health in the face of this dangerous, experimental, and unnecessary ‘vaccine.’”

Medical evidence makes clear that vaccines are safe and effective at both curbing the spread of the deadly coronavirus and sharply decreasing the risk of hospitalization for those vaccinated people who do contract the disease.

Powell is having trouble finding a judge to hear the case, though. Two federal judges have already recused themselves, including U.S. District Judge Kent Wetherell, who said he and his wife both own Pfizer stock and the company could become involved in the case. The other judge didn’t say why.

Still, Powell’ lawsuit is more straightforward than those she filed to overturn the 2020 presidential election of Democrat Joe Biden in favor of Republican incumbent Donald Trump.

More morons:

---------------------------

COVID-19: Scott Moe goes off on conspiracy theorists alleging he’s trying to steal their cows

Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe asked residents to quit listening to “social media nonsense” when it comes to gathering COVID-19 information.

Moe proceeded to rattle off some of the latest conspiracy theories he’s heard of.

“For example, this week I’ve read and been talked to by a number of folks that I’m being paid off by the vaccine makers…well nothing could be further from the truth.”

“(Regarding the) latest emergency order that I signed; there’s a rumour that there’s a plot for myself or the Minister of Health to go out and seize people’s cows. Also not true.”

“Believing in and spreading active anti-vaccine conspiracy theories is actually contributing to people dying from COVID by keeping them from getting vaccinated.”

Oregon politician says ‘ask God’ about COVID-19 vaccination, ‘you can’t trust doctors’

An elected official representing Oregon’s 12th most populous county told residents listening to a public meeting Wednesday they should put their faith in God, not doctors or scientists, when it comes to their decision on whether to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

“You’re just going to have to ask God, and pray for wisdom on this one, because you can’t trust the politicians, you can’t trust the doctors, you certainly can’t trust the CDC or any World Health Organization,” Josephine County Commissioner Darin Fowler said during the virtual meeting of the three-person board of commissioners.

Fowler was reacting to public comments at the meeting, and the threat that Josephine County, like many rural areas of the state with low vaccination rates among health care workers, could face an exodus of unvaccinated hospital and medical clinic personnel when Gov. Kate Brown’s vaccine mandate for health care workers kicks in Oct. 18.

Fowler’s comments run counter to an overwhelming body of evidence that vaccines are safe and effective.

People like this are a menace to society and detrimental to public health and should therefore be removed.

West Virginia vaccine winners; Do it for Babydog Round 2: Gov. Justice announces prize winners

Gov. Jim Justice today announced the winners of 21 incredible prizes through his “Do it for Babydog: Round 2” vaccination sweepstakes.

Katelyn Lambert of Harrisville and Joseph Littlepage of Point Pleasant have each won a full four-year scholarship to any public college or university in the state, including room and board, tuition, and books; a prize valued at over $100,000.

On Friday, Gov. Justice announced that SSgt Michael Beall – a firefighter with the West Virginia Air National Guard’s 167th Airlift Wing in Martinsburg and the Martinsburg VA Medical Center – had won a new Corvette through the Babydog sweepstakes.

Additional winners have been announced today for prizes including a custom boat, a dream wedding valued at $150,000, free gas for 10 years, premium ATVs, a top-of-the-line zero-turn lawn mower, WVU and Marshall University football or basketball season ticket packages, and season passes to West Virginia ski resorts.

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, and back then the NBA had the "Make A Shot From Half-Court And You Get To **** A Player" promotions that were so popular.

*not to mention Magic retired upon learning he had HIV.

And came back...my only NBA game ever, here in ATL when the Hawks had Laettner. 

• Like 1