Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Vaccine mandates, right now may be a public health winner, but I don't think they are a political winner.  Just look at the VA Gov race.  I think, in general vaccine mandates at the govt level will be a politicial loser.  

Biden's popularity started to turn after he gave his (and I paraphrase), "to the unvaccinated... what are you waiting for?!" speech.  Youngkin started to pick up momentum in VA when he came out as "pro vaccine", "anti-mandate". 

Again, I understand why, but Americans typically don't like mandates.  All the companies will blame Biden when they follow his mandate, even if they agree with it.

45 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Vaccine mandates, right now may be a public health winner, but I don't think they are a political winner.  Just look at the VA Gov race.  I think, in general vaccine mandates at the govt level will be a politicial loser.  

Biden's popularity started to turn after he gave his (and I paraphrase), "to the unvaccinated... what are you waiting for?!" speech.  Youngkin started to pick up momentum in VA when he came out as "pro vaccine", "anti-mandate". 

Again, I understand why, but Americans typically don't like mandates.  All the companies will blame Biden when they follow his mandate, even if they agree with it.

I think Biden's popularity began to turn when we pulled out of Afghanistan and all the visuals and stories that accompanied that move...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I think Biden's popularity began to turn when we pulled out of Afghanistan and all the visuals and stories that accompanied that move...

When the media grabbed that and ran with it

How many soldiers died in Afghanistan yesterday? I'm ok with that being zero for a while now

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

What’s the difference between this vaccine and all the others that have been mandated for the last 30 years? 

The political risks don’t mean much, honestly. But if you want to make it about politics, the people who voted fir Biden, the majority, support it. That’s been measured. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What’s the difference between this vaccine and all the others that have been mandated for the last 30 years? 

The political risks don’t mean much, honestly. But if you want to make it about politics, the people who voted fir Biden, the majority, support it. That’s been measured. 

Exactly!  

As you age, there are medical tests & vaccines you are recommended to get: shingles vaccine, pneumonia vaccine, colonoscopy to name a few. Don't want to get them? Fine, no medical harm to me. It's a hit on the medical community who must now take care of you. Insurance costs for all increase because you failed to take the medically approved precautions. (Yeah, I get it that tests/vaccines aren't 100% preventative). 

Try traveling to certain foreign countries without the proper vaccine documentation. Noooo....government mandated vaccines!

I read recently about a clinical trial for a vaccine for 'Triple Zero' breast cancer - the most aggressive form of breast cancer. The medical community is amazing. New vaccines & tests to detect & prevent all types of illnesses continue to be developed. The morons who ignore the medical advice will suffer the consequences. 

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I work for a medium size U S defense contractor who is subject to the mandate for all US employees. And you better believe then every communication regarding vaccine mandate blames president Biden.

6 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

As a federal employee I’m super excited that there may be some new higher paying job openings. 

I also would hypotheses that the reply all emails will be cut down based on a certain subset leaving. 

Reply all should have been disabled a long time ago. Hate that ****ing thing. 

Wonder how many GS11 and up will leave service? Can't fathom walking away from a 6 figure salary over 2 ****ing shots. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

16 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Bro? Have you not discovered the glory of 'accidentally' throwing shade at an entire department for something that should have been done 2 weeks ago that no one is responding to? 

"Sorry senior management/finance person, I would like to have your drives cleaned and cleared for access again however IT hasn't completed the request yet"

"Oops sorry guys - didn't mean to include you" 

"Ill get someone on it right now!" 

"Thanks IT manager who ignored my pervious 6 emails!" 

You know not of what you speak! 

• Haha 3

On 10/30/2021 at 5:48 PM, tshile said:

J&J person. Got Pfizer booster. Had covid October 2020. I don’t feel sick at all.

I do feel like grabbing a blanket a pillow and curling up in a ball and going to sleep for a month. 

which is what the J&J originally did to me too. I had the next day off with my kid and plans and all I did was go in an out of sleep on the couch while he watched movies. 

🤷‍♂️ 

Been a few days. Got Friday. This was all that ever came of it. 

24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

If you’re the sender

send it to yourseld

bcc everyone else

PROBLEM SOLVED

Quit depending on 150 (or whatever) idiots to not do something stupid. Make it so they can’t do something stupid. 

On 10/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, Fergasun said:

I have no idea where I was days, weeks or months ago.  At this point, I am not convinced that a government (state or federal) mandate is all that helpful to the small but significant percentage of what I will call "conscientious objectors" to the vaccine.  Even in the health care realm.  Whoever is holding out now obviously has a strong enough viewpoint and although I disagree with their critical thinking, I don't think we should exclude these folks from society. 

Of course, companies, like private individuals are free to set their own terms of employment.  

COVID is COVID and blaming the unvaccinated for the existence of COVID, the spread of COVID, killing others due to COVID. clogging up hospitals due to COVID seems to be extreme. 

I do not care if they are not likely to change their minds. There have to be consequences for deciding that their personal freedoms are more important than their responsibility as a member of a society. I am OK with mandates, fines, lost wages, increased health care costs, pretty much anything that can be done to make thier incredibly selfish, deadly to others, self-centered decision have as many negative consequences as possible. And they are not being excluded from society. It is the consequence of thier decision. 

Also, no one is blaming unvaccinated for the existence of Covid. However, they are directly responsible for the majority of the continued spread and the additional deaths that could have been avoided. Due to that they are also responsible for overflowing hospitals. Are they responsible for it all? No. But most of it? Yes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Wonder how many GS11 and up will leave service? Can't fathom walking away from a 6 figure salary over 2 ****ing shots. 

I don’t think it will be a lot in DC metro area but more localized to regional areas. For us I’m interested to see the turnover in our Texas and Missouri offices. 

Personally, I need a couple of 13s to dip out in my organization and it’ll be okay. 

• Like 2