Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

We live in orbit with an interesting mix of people who have different views than us.  Recently our son's basketball team was being trained one day a week by a trainer, probably in his old 20s or young 30s.  After a few sessions we learned a few weeks ago that the session was cancelled because the trainer had COVID.  Then we learned last night has was in the hospital with COVID.

The behavior of these people is reckless, and they continue to take the stance that the Constitution and God grants us personal and individual liberty, and at some point those who bow down to the State / Government are leading towards a path where Christians are going to be put in jail.  It's almost like some self fulfilling prophecy.  One of the main pastors wasn't criticized by name by a church leader who echoed that Church isn't showing love, defended his actions by saying that his church had baptized more people in the past 6 months than they had room for in the congregation. 

"Who is showing love to the people who are losing business and getting levied $3M fines for not following health regulations"  Show me in the Bible and Constitution where business risk is protected?    

They mix Jesus and Church with attacks on Critical Race Theory and the left.   

I agree more Christians should be involved in politics, but not the way they are doing this.  It is crazy... and these are people who live in California.  

For Lucy, a 59-year-old metastatic breast cancer patient from Washington state, getting vaccinated against COVID-19 was a matter of life and death. After undergoing aggressive chemotherapy for months, the coronavirus almost certainly would have killed her. Yet as relief washed over her upon receiving her final Pfizer dose in March, she knew she’d have to keep it to herself. Her husband had begged her not to get the shot.

At the outset of the pandemic, Lucy’s husband and partner of seven years, Shane, was as cautious as anyone about the virus. He kept a big container of hand sanitizer in the car and fanatically washed his hands, keys and other items. He wore a face mask everywhere he went, showered and changed his clothes immediately upon returning home from necessary outings, and was anxious for Lucy and her elderly mother, who lives with them, to get vaccinated as soon as possible due to their heightened vulnerabilities.

But as the crisis dragged on, 60-year-old Shane spent months cooped up inside on YouTube and Facebook, where a vortex of coronavirus conspiracy theory videos was waiting for him. Many declared that the virus was nothing to fear — that it was the vaccines he should really be afraid of. Before long, he was also tuning into the increasingly malicious disinformation networks Newsmax and OAN, which regularly rehashed the lies he’d been fed online. He was completely enthralled, Lucy said, and over time, his worldview “did a 180.” 

In a blog post in December, days after doses of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine was first authorized for emergency use in the United States, Valentine said he was simply following the logic in deciding not to get vaccinated.

“I’m not an anti-vaxxer,” he wrote. “I’m just using common sense. What are my odds of getting Covid? They’re pretty low. What are my odds of dying from Covid if I do get it? Probably way less than 1 percent. I’m doing what everyone should do and that’s my own personal health risk assessment. If you have underlying health issues, you probably need to get the vaccine. If you’re not at high risk of dying from Covid then you’re probably safer not getting it.”

Valentine defended his decision not to get vaccinated as he began wrestling with the virus, insisting that he had thought the disease wouldn’t kill him.

Before he was hospitalized, Valentine also announced on air that he was “taking the vitamin D like crazy” and had found a doctor who agreed to prescribe ivermectin. The drug, often used to treat parasites in animals, has been touted in right-wing media circles as a promising COVID treatment but the Food and Drug Administration has cautioned against its use for COVID-19.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I knew that dudes name had to be Dakota or some ****. No way an mf would purposefully name their kid "Dak"

Yeah. Nobody would ever actually give a kid a name like that. 

- Frank Zappa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Good.  The virus doesn't care about your politics.  If you want to politicize it to your own detriment then go ahead.  If this results in more Trump supporters dying, then I'm happy with survival of the fittest, and these people are mentally unfit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Shoot, I'd much rather a Satanic vaccine than a Christian vaccine.

Scene in a book, where a soldier was saying he once got 30 days discipline, for telling the company chaplain that the unit should have a Satanist. Because you can trust Jesus to be fair. And it's the Other Guy you need to suck up to. 

@primetime441 In response to your comment from the WFT rebranding page found here: 

17 hours ago, primetime441 said:

You're missing the point. The argument isn't that the stats are incorrect - I already admitted I was wrong. Also, let me remind you that CDC changes their stats daily and no one bats an eye.

Politics aside, the point of the statement was to remind people that we still have a choice. If the argument is that every private entity has a right to fine/fire you, then any company opposing vaccinations should be able to do the same - however, from everything I've seen, you're only right if you support one agenda. The double standard is ultimately dividing us.

How can we force someone to get a vaccine if the said vaccine can still result in you catching the illness? Also riddle me this, how can the league know which player spreads the virus if the vaccinated can also pass it on? What happens if a team full of vaccinated spread the virus to the point where the game cannot be played - will the league still forfeit the game?

We just need to find a happy medium and not let this hiccup divide us. UNITED WE STAND.

Stay healthy and happy, my fellow posters. HAIL.

You have a grave misunderstand of freedom of rights. 

Companies that do not agree with the vaccine are free to not require their employees to get them. No one, and I mean no one has said they are not free to make that choice. And no law has been passed to make them do so. However, people are free to judge that decision and make their own choices as to if they agree or not and express those positions. And if they think that anyone not getting vaxxed and any company not requiring them to be vaxxed is being irresponsible they are free to voice that opinion and act on it by not supporting them - just as those who agree can support them all they want. No person or law is stopping them. This is how the Constitution works. 

And please, for the love of all that is sane, do better research. You keep paroting false, exaggerated, or out of context information. Yes, there is a very small amount of people that still get sick if they get the vaccine. It is not 100% bullet proof. NOTHING IS!!  But the numbers in its favor are exponential. 34,000,000 contracting Covid with 625,000 deaths and growing. 335,000,000 vaccines doses given with 6000 deaths reported on VAERs but none directly attributed to the vaccine. It doesn't get more clear than that. 

And sorry the question about who gave it on an NFL is insincere at best. Your question starts from a place where you assert that those vaccinated are just as likely to get covid again as if they were not vaccinated which is a gross exaggeration. 98% of all deaths from Covid since April 1st are from those NOT vaccinated. 99% of all those contracted Covid are from those NOT vaccinated. Not to mention they have tracing and know who is sick on the team. It is standard and always has been. They will know. 

Those numbers are all from the CDC. If you decide science and facts are now in question then you have allowed yourself to create and believe your own reality. I understand questioning things. I am an engineer. I believe data. But good grief the scale of supposed conspiracy here is a level that would make Hollywood proud. 

This is NOT a left/right thing. It should not be political. It is about following common sense, the science and understanding your responsibility when you live in a society with other people. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a piggyback...

I came very close to being "called home" in 2019...I wasn't ready then, and I'm not ready now. 

I've been vaxxed since March and just went out to a public event this weekend, with my Caps mask...I'll be freaking out for the rest of the week, checking my temp, etc.

It beats being in a hospital...and anything is better than a ventilator. 

• Like 1

Just yelling "muh freedomz!" is a bad defense. We live in a civilized society. You're expected to do certain things and follow certain guidelines. Like you can't go into a crowded theater and yell FIRE. The health and well being of the general population is EVERYONE'S obligation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1