Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On 5/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What are the things are 40 year old should

be doing? Are people not allowed to have hobbies when they get older? 

If you were 40 and super into WW2 battles or woodworking I don’t think anyone would bat an eye 

It's more husband and father providing for family than the age thing.  I get caught up in wrong priorites sometimes and negative impact of video game is something I have dealt with.  

Started up the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. So far I will say ME1 looks freaking amazing and combat is for the most part better(getting into cover is still a bit clunky but overall gunplay is a LOT better, sniping is actually possible now).

Finally copped a PS5. Ended up with digital edition. 

What’s everyone doing for TVs these days? Im looking to upgrade in the next few months. Think I have an idea but curious what the vibes are around here. 

For context, I currently have a 73” Mitsubishi Projection from roughly 2010 that’s 1080p and 120hz. it’s not just for gaming, it’s also our main screen for streaming. 

Not sure I’ll stay that big I’m probably looking for a 65” with 4K. I’m leaning LG OLED sub $2k at the moment. 

So, I've started playing Dragon Quest 11 and I like it a lot. I heard it was stupidly easy on normal mode, but it seems to be challenging enough so far (I'm still at the beginning). The game looks and sounds great and I'm really hoping that this game can keep my attention for a while.

Now, lets talk about another game I started playing: Void ****s. This is a weird game and its hard to explain what it is exactly. I watched a few reviews on it and even they did a poor job explaining what the game does. I'm not going to try, I'm just going to say that its a FPS/rogue-like game. Its simple, its fun, its hard and its on GamePass. Go play it!

On 5/14/2021 at 8:37 PM, LLandryistheshiz said:

Finally copped a PS5. Ended up with digital edition. 

What’s everyone doing for TVs these days? Im looking to upgrade in the next few months. Think I have an idea but curious what the vibes are around here. 

For context, I currently have a 73” Mitsubishi Projection from roughly 2010 that’s 1080p and 120hz. it’s not just for gaming, it’s also our main screen for streaming. 

Not sure I’ll stay that big I’m probably looking for a 65” with 4K. I’m leaning LG OLED sub $2k at the moment. 

I'm going with a 4K 27+" gaming monitor. 

• Like 1

I ended up going with a 55" Vizio 4k.  It was voted the best mid-range TV at CES 2020.  I didn't want to break the bank on a TV this go around because I still eventually have a 4k TV to buy when I start converting the kids playroom/2nd living room into a home theater entertainment.  For now I just wanted something 4K/HDR & with an eARC port and I was good to go.  It does look fantastic though. 

Started RE8 last night and put about 90 mins into it.  It's just alright to me so far.  

I'm not liking how the enemies so far are just bullet sponges with the handgun and there is like no impact when your bullets hit them

It's also not scary at all.  I hope that changes but from what I read, they intentionally made it less scary than RE7, which was scary as hell and made the game as great as it was.

It also just seems a bit goofy so far, especially the part I stopped at last night.  

But it's only 90 mins in so it's still just kind of starting up.  I do like the environment and stuff for sure though and I like how the map works and how things seem to be laid out thus far.

Not sure when I'll play again with the Caps/Wiz games this week though.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:41 AM, purbeast said:

t's also not scary at all.  I hope that changes but from what I read, they intentionally made it less scary than RE7, which was scary as hell and made the game as great as it was.

In the way that 7 was a throwback to 1 where you are exploring a large scary mansion, this is a throwback to 4 in which there are less scares but a general overall creepiness exploring a village and castle with more action thrown in. 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

In the way that 7 was a throwback to 1 where you are exploring a large scary mansion, this is a throwback to 4 in which there are less scares but a general overall creepiness exploring a village and castle with more action thrown in. 

Well I hated 4 and didn't play much of it because I hated how it turned into a run and gun game.  I did like the exploration parts I've done so far though.

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thinking about giving God of War a shot. Thought?

I just finished this game. Probably one of my favorites ever. I been meaning to come and tell y’all about it cause someone on here kept telling me to just do it. 

Just a well made game from top to bottom. No stupid glitches. Great story. even better gameplay. Difficulty was just right to me. Exploration was cool and rewarding. Puzzles were good. Music and sound were great. Good game, you should totally play it. Especially if you played the older ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thinking about giving God of War a shot. Thought?

100%. It’s an incredible game whether you are a fan of the series previously or not

if not, I’d YouTube the story up to this point though. It’s what I did and had no issues. Loved every second of the game. Combat just feels perfect and the story is fantastic 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

100%. It’s an incredible game whether you are a fan of the series previously or not

if not, I’d YouTube the story up to this point though. It’s what I did and had no issues. Loved every second of the game. Combat just feels perfect and the story is fantastic 

I think I played one a long time ago, I forget which one.  Thanks for the tip, the game is downloading now so I'll check YouTube later today.  

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think I played one a long time ago, I forget which one.  Thanks for the tip, the game is downloading now so I'll check YouTube later today.  

I think this is the one I watched. Gave me a pretty good handle on the story and where kratos is at the start of 4 which is like a hundred + years later 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

God of War the series is among the best I’ve ever played. The Nathan Drake stuff and Mass Effect belong in that pantheon, too. Metal Gear Solid. Halo. 

It’s not a long list. 

I loved Diablo but 3 was too controversial to land a spot in the top gaming IPs, in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I started the Nathan Drake stuff from the beginning but lost interest because the first game is pretty outdated at this point.  Which is why I'm not starting God of War from the beginning. 

Did you play the remastered version?

Yeah the furthest back I’d go now is God of War 3 Remaster. 

They really need to release a full collection on the next gen stuff. These companies are printing money by doing a full remaster every 2 gens and then a new game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Did you play the remastered version?

Yeah the furthest back I’d go now is God of War 3 Remaster. 

They really need to release a full collection on the next gen stuff. These companies are printing money by doing a full remaster every 2 gens and then a new game.

I honestly don’t even remember.