Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

All I've done so far is Beat Saber.  I tried to do other games but every time the game would start the move controllers turned off.  And when I turned them back on it went back to the home screen.

I also realized I can't play games that don't use the move controllers because I sold my PS4 and the PS5 controller doesn't work with it lol.

So I need to get a DS4 at some point.

Yes I remember...games I play don't use move or DS4 controllers ;)

Game is slowly rounding into form. Crashes and animation related glitches are becoming less and less frequent. Less bugs overall.

CDPR created one hell of a world (though the driving mechanics, especially for bikes, are the worst you'll ever encounter in an open world game), but if you haven't bought it, I strongly advise waiting until the current gen version arrives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clietas said:

Yeah Vice City had better motorcycle animations. My character rides a bike like she's some weekend warrior account. 

Yeah, cant pop a wheelie or anything. Cant lean/turn for ****. And the first vehicle purchase of mine (the Japanese superbikes with the fat wheels) has that damn amber shield that blocks my vision occasionally. 😡

• Sad 1

Replaying the Last of Us 2 on the PS5 and that action sequence when your ducking between buildings against kill teams with dogs for the first time is still some of my favorite gameplay for the entire year. I’m just skipping all the story sequences and focusing on the gameplay to avoid any feels. 

I gotta play something during my time off now that cyberpunk **** the bed. I got tired of Valhalla super quick and still haven’t bothered with Immortals whatever it’s called yet. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Why does CyberPunk 2077 keep making the "Top 10 Best Games of 2020" lists? Have these reviewers learned nothing?

Today we learn that critics don't rate products based on their merits, but based on what they are expected to receive or by what they're paid to receive.

7 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Replaying the Last of Us 2 on the PS5 and that action sequence when your ducking between buildings against kill teams with dogs for the first time is still some of my favorite gameplay for the entire year. I’m just skipping all the story sequences and focusing on the gameplay to avoid any feels. 

I gotta play something during my time off now that cyberpunk **** the bed. I got tired of Valhalla super quick and still haven’t bothered with Immortals whatever it’s called yet. 

I’m about 80% through my grounded run . This game still hits like a ton of bricks even when you know what’s coming. Here is a text I sent to my nephew about it: 

The gameplay is so incredibly polished and perfected. The set pieces and level design are just brilliant and it creates a sandbox tapestry for you to paint your gameplay upon. Not in an open world sandbox sense but just in the immeasurable number of ways you can go into each situation or gunfight. I can play a section for 30 minutes and never get tired of it despite dying 30 times repeatedly within it because the gameplay is so good and so much fun and the strategy on how to approach every encounter is so exciting and can be different each time. It never feels cheap, every time I die I know it's because I wasn't good enough. Playing on grounded is so much fun because it’s so ridiculously challenging. It takes your quick wits and creativity to get through some of the more difficult scenarios but it’s all so fluid and masterful that it feels very rewarding making it through. I’ve saved so many gameplay vids from Grounded run of brutal epic combat fights and encounters. It’s like an entirely different run from my first time through the game 

And the story still blows me away on my second playthrough. There has just never been a game that even attempted to do the complex, mature, and thought provoking storytelling they do here. Not only did they have the stones to attempt it but they pulled it off to perfection just leaving you speechless and taking your breath away multiple times. 

Also, I don't think I've ever seen a game that so perfectly blends its gameplay and story together. The story isn't just cutscenes between gameplay, the gameplay is part of the story. The fear of it. The brutality of it. The hopelessness you feel when playing. The gameplay puts a philosophical and moral crisis in your hands and it ties directly into the story and the themes and message of the game.

It is a masterpiece

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m about 80% through my grounded run . This game still hits like a ton of bricks even when you know what’s coming. Here is a text I sent to my nephew about it: 

The gameplay is so incredibly polished and perfected. The set pieces and level design are just brilliant and it creates a sandbox tapestry for you to paint your gameplay upon. Not in an open world sandbox sense but just in the immeasurable number of ways you can go into each situation or gunfight. I can play a section for 30 minutes and never get tired of it despite dying 30 times repeatedly within it because the gameplay is so good and so much fun and the strategy on how to approach every encounter is so exciting and can be different each time. It never feels cheap, every time I die I know it's because I wasn't good enough. Playing on grounded is so much fun because it’s so ridiculously challenging. It takes your quick wits and creativity to get through some of the more difficult scenarios but it’s all so fluid and masterful that it feels very rewarding making it through. I’ve saved so many gameplay vids from Grounded run of brutal epic combat fights and encounters. It’s like an entirely different run from my first time through the game 

And the story still blows me away on my second playthrough. There has just never been a game that even attempted to do the complex, mature, and thought provoking storytelling they do here. Not only did they have the stones to attempt it but they pulled it off to perfection just leaving you speechless and taking your breath away multiple times. 

Also, I don't think I've ever seen a game that so perfectly blends its gameplay and story together. The story isn't just cutscenes between gameplay, the gameplay is part of the story. The fear of it. The brutality of it. The hopelessness you feel when playing. The gameplay puts a philosophical and moral crisis in your hands and it ties directly into the story and the themes and message of the game.

It is a masterpiece

But, but, but...

(story spoilers below... kind of)

Spoiler

Joel and lesbians and a masculine female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by purbeast
  • Haha 2

Awesome description  @Momma There Goes That Man, I feel the same way. This is the most emotionally impactful game I’ve ever played and the way it challenges the very foundation of killing in games with its characters and story and the trauma they deal with as a result is just incredible. But, then the smooth gameplay, pacing, and tension of cat and mouse as you deal with ever dwindling supplies in the face of brutal enemies makes it so satisfying to beat, over and over again. It’s one of the most mature games ever made imo and I mean that from how it chooses to ground you in their world and not gloss over the consequences of brutality. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Today we learn that critics don't rate products based on their merits, but based on what they are expected to receive or by what they're paid to receive.

I've seen some reviewers put it on their best AND worst lists. Are these reviewers afraid of pissing off CDPR?

2 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Awesome description  @Momma There Goes That Man, I feel the same way. This is the most emotionally impactful game I’ve ever played and the way it challenges the very foundation of killing in games with its characters and story and the trauma they deal with as a result is just incredible. But, then the smooth gameplay, pacing, and tension of cat and mouse as you deal with ever dwindling supplies in the face of brutal enemies makes it so satisfying to beat, over and over again. It’s one of the most mature games ever made imo and I mean that from how it chooses to ground you in their world and not gloss over the consequences of brutality. 

Yeah it's easily the most challenging game I've ever played and not from a "hard to beat" meaning but from the way that it challenges the player with these ethical questions and asks you to partake in the brutalities of the world and scrutinize your own moral relativism. Am I the bad guy? Why does everyone feel justified and right in their own eyes? Is my enemy a good person and would I feel that the same way they did if I walked in their shoes? Does it even matter? 

Not to mention it is loaded with just pain staking stomach punches throughout that push the characters and us into those examinations.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah it's easily the most challenging game I've ever played and not from a "hard to beat" meaning but from the way that it challenges the player with these ethical questions and asks you to partake in the brutalities of the world and scrutinize your own moral relativism. Am I the bad guy? Why does everyone feel justified and right in their own eyes? Is my enemy a good person and would I feel that the same way they did if I walked in their shoes? Does it even matter? 

Not to mention it is loaded with just pain staking stomach punches throughout that push the characters and us into those examinations.

Yup, I completely agree. This is the first and probably only game where I couldn’t wait for the final “boss” battle to end. The way it feels to just kill and make your way through the game, turned completely on its head at the end. I won’t go further to spoil anything, but I’m sure you get what I mean. 

It’s an emotional masterpiece of a gaming medium and a brutal one. 

• Like 1

So I finally scored a PS5! In reference to the Last of Us 2 can you play the game without having played the last of us 1? I got the PS specifically for this game so I’m super stoked to pick it up and play. Just want to do it right. Thanks for the help..

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

So I finally scored a PS5! In reference to the Last of Us 2 can you play the game without having played the last of us 1? I got the PS specifically for this game so I’m super stoked to pick it up and play. Just want to do it right. Thanks for the help..

dunno about the story but I just read it has gotten a good bump on PS5 so you win twice!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

You could always just watch a play-through of it.  I thought it would have made a better movie than game, anyways.

• Like 1