Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There is fast travel in RDR2, but you have to get to a point when you can unlock it.  Also you can use trains and stage coaches.  I kind of loved riding around though too and just soaking up the atmosphere.   Although there are places I hated riding through...like the forest area in the after game.  [Shiver]

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

There is fast travel in RDR2, but you have to get to a point when you can unlock it.  Also you can use trains and stage coaches.  I kind of loved riding around though too and just soaking up the atmosphere.   Although there are places I hated riding through...like the forest area in the after game.  [Shiver]

I don't recall fast travelling a whole lot until I unlocked the whole map (which is ****in' stupid big).

Had to abandon ship on the Corpo hottie build. Not agreeing with my PS4. Gonna have to do that on PS5. Back to the Nomad...

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't recall fast travelling a whole lot until I unlocked the whole map (which is ****in' stupid big).

Had to abandon ship on the Corpo hottie build. Not agreeing with my PS4. Gonna have to do that on PS5. Back to the Nomad...

why would the character build matter 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

why would the character build matter 

Difficult and annoying to dodge and sprint around at 30 fps I'm sure. Essential to be successful with melee since there are a few perks to help add extra damage, armor, health, and stamina. 

Got my mits on a Legendary baseball bat. Does more dps than the katana even without perks invested in street brawl. No decapitation finisher tho. 🥺 Lotta fun bashing these Tyger Claw Jabronis tho.

• Like 1

I'm looking for a suggestion.  I'm a child of the 1980's and never did much with video games beyond the early Nintendo Mario Brothers.  Have an X-box live system.  I'm looking for a simple straight forward game to play.  Have some of the lego games, etc. but those are too much.  Looking for something that could be played like ~30 minutes a week without it being constant well what do we do now?  I know some of the old Atari games are out there for X-box, but wouldn't mind something new.  Though maybe that would be a reasonable thing to do.  Don't want a first person shooter game.

Anybody?

2 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

I'm looking for a suggestion.  I'm a child of the 1980's and never did much with video games beyond the early Nintendo Mario Brothers.  Have an X-box live system.  I'm looking for a simple straight forward game to play.  Have some of the lego games, etc. but those are too much.  Looking for something that could be played like ~30 minutes a week without it being constant well what do we do now?  I know some of the old Atari games are out there for X-box, but wouldn't mind something new.  Though maybe that would be a reasonable thing to do.  Don't want a first person shooter game.

Anybody?

which Xbox do you have? 

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

One

if Lego games are too much you could try some of the more story driven games. The controls are pretty simple and it’s mostly just walking around, picking stuff up, exploring things that prompt story sequences. Or there are dialogue decisions that you Have to make. 

Firewatch is a great one. You’re a park ranger and have to sit in a tower and look for fires. Obviously eventually you start to notice something is off and the story progresses from there. But it’s not complex and easy controls. 

telltale is a company that makes a lot of these type of games and they have different franchises tied to them. Walking dead, Batman etc. they are very dialogue heavy games where you have to answer and make choices that impact the story and characters but most of the gameplay is walking around looking for clues or items and occasionally there is an action sequence where you have to press buttons in specific orders. Slower paced though and again not too complex. 

there are some 2D platformers that might remind you of older style Mario type games. Ori and the Blind Forest and it’s sequel Ori and the Will of the Wisp are amazing. You can turn the difficulty down too to find what suits you so you really only need to focus on the platforming. There are several abilities to learn and lots of puzzles to solve. It’s a game you pick up and play for 10-15 minutes or 2-3 hours if you want but it never feels like a slog. They’re easy pick up

and play when you have a free time games. They also have excellent, emotional stories that far exceed any Mario or donkey long platformers of old. 

for something a little faster paced I love

rocket league. It’s a sports game where you essentially play soccer with cars that have rockets strapped to them. Can play 1v1 up to 4v4 and can play seasons against the CPU at various difficulties. It’s an addictive, fun, game if you want to get a little competitive juices flowing. Controls are pretty simple to start just accelerate, brake, reverse, and drive into the ball but as you get used to it you can also jump in any direction, drive up walls, boost to fly thru the air etc so the gameplay can be as simple or as deep as you want it to be

• Like 1

I played a mission in RDR2 last night. It was fun in some ways, not awesome in others.

So, like I said, I'm very early game.

The mission was at Bill Williamson's icon. It was to go and get the plans and whatever the O'Connell's had for a heist. Going to avoid too many spoilers here in case anyone hasn't played... buuuuut...

1) The stow system on the horse is a pretty smart way to integrate an easy inventory management. Kudos there. But it's clunky as hell to use with multiple different menus.

2) The Take cover system... I couldn't figure out how to take cover. So I stood out in the open and just shot anything that moved. It worked. But weird.

3) I accidentally put my weapon away so many times in the middle of a fire fight because of the strange control configuration. I looked at it to change it up, but with so many different control schematics it's really hard to change. 

4) It was a lot more fun than the beginning, but I'm still not at all sold. The control system really doesn't feel intuitive or fluid. 

5) Cinematic horse travel > actually controlling the character. That helped. A lot.

10 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Anybody?

first thing you should do is get Game Pass Ultimate. You can try it now for $1 a month. It's usually $15 a month, but includes Xbox live gold and EA Play. It gives you the opportunity to "check out" a game, without paying for it. Only drawback is if you don't have unlimited internet at home, cause there's a lot of downloading.

My personal recommendation is The Hunter: Call of the Wild (free on gamepass). It's very slow paced, but the graphics are good and the worlds are very immersive. I have never hunted in my life, so I can't say its realistic, but it's an addictive game. There are missions, but most people don't even bother. It's more about exploring and finding rare trophy animals. My buddy, who rarely games, is currently obsessed with it, and has found it to be the perfect escape during the pandemic. 

• Thanks 1

Ah pachinko. The combination of two of my favorite games. Pinball and Plinko from The Price is Right. 

FalseMildGoose-small.gif

My dad had a vintage pachinko machine. Sat in numerous garages over many a move collecting a lot of dog hair from Golden Retrievers. 

I remember reading it would be in Night City but not playable. 😒

Edited by clietas

3 hours ago, clietas said:

I remember reading it would be in Night City but not playable. 😒

Its not playable cause I murdered all the people running the game. By legit mistake though. 

This stealth/hacking thing is fun. And there is a perk waiting for me at 19 that will let my hacks crit.....which is making me all warm and fuzzy. Must needs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Its not playable cause I murdered all the people running the game. By legit mistake though. 

This stealth/hacking thing is fun. And there is a perk waiting for me at 19 that will let my hacks crit.....which is making me all warm and fuzzy. Must needs. 

I went in that pachinko parlor and smashed it up with a baseball bat. 

Same but no stealth perks. I'm trying to max out my intelligence along with body and reflexes. The quickhacks and breach protocol are incredibly helpful as ranged attacks and lowering enemies resistance. Melee attacks or gorilla arms cleans up after using hacks like contagion or overheat. 

Enjoying the hacking as well but I'm not so great at mapping out the breach protocol sequences. Getting one is easy getting 3 can still be tricky atm. 

Edited by clietas

On 12/16/2020 at 7:49 AM, KDawg said:

1) The stow system on the horse is a pretty smart way to integrate an easy inventory management. Kudos there. But it's clunky as hell to use with multiple different menus.

Don't forget to get yourself new saddles, stirrups, and saddlebags. Saddles and stirrups do wonders for your horse's health and stamina, nearly as much as a new horse itself. Saddlebags don't give you any stats boosts, but it does let you carry more outfits and hats (7 total with the upgraded bags), and I used a looooot of outfits. My favorite for in the cities:

E4690D0DB6ED9E9D27685CA174EC07A065A31E53

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Don't forget to get yourself new saddles, stirrups, and saddlebags. Saddles and stirrups do wonders for your horse's health and stamina, nearly as much as a new horse itself. Saddlebags don't give you any stats boosts, but it does let you carry more outfits and hats (7 total with the upgraded bags), and I used a looooot of outfits. My favorite for in the cities:

E4690D0DB6ED9E9D27685CA174EC07A065A31E53

*sigh*

This game gets more and more complicated.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

*sigh*

If you don't get addicted to making outfits, you don't need the saddlebags. Just have 3 different outfits ready to be equipped from horseback: Cold, Mild, and Hot. But you absolutely should get saddles and stirrups. Check out the stats at a horse trader's, the stirrups clearly have one that's the best, most upgraded type, and the saddles have one that is the best but you have to check through them to see which it is.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

*sigh*

There is a horse you can find in the wild that is the best in the game and prevents you from having to worry about most of that stuff. Just don't do what i did and leave it near a train track to rob someone after spending 3 hours trying to find it and break it only for it to be plastered into tomato sauce a few days later. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I never noticed the white Arabian until late in the game, and I actually benefited from it. Earlier in the game I was rolling in cash just from looting and selling jewelry and stuff, so I bought the black Arabian. Later in the story when things shifted and money got tight, I went up there and got myself the white Arabian for free.

Meanwhile, in RDO I learned that it really is true: You have a 100% chance to cap a fool if you hold your gun sideways.

BDB9A5E6CCAF98FEA31DDBDF59188FDCC16C5A8E

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, clietas said:

I went in that pachinko parlor and smashed it up with a baseball bat. 

Same but no stealth perks. I'm trying to max out my intelligence along with body and reflexes. The quickhacks and breach protocol are incredibly helpful as ranged attacks and lowering enemies resistance. Melee attacks or gorilla arms cleans up after using hacks like contagion or overheat. 

Enjoying the hacking as well but I'm not so great at mapping out the breach protocol sequences. Getting one is easy getting 3 can still be tricky atm. 

I would save and get and upgraded cyberdeck next. 

Spoiler

The ripper who gave you your first eyes, cant think of his name. But the only one you have to see in the beginning of the game....if you pay him back the 21000 he gives you access to his inventory. He has a purple/legendary cyberdesk that gives you 8 ram and 7 buffer....you will be able to get all three in your sleep after that. Its game breaking honestly.  

• Like 1

Walmart restocking consoles today at 3pm ET.

Once you see the "add to cart" button show up on Walmart for the item you want, click the link below.  It's a direct add to cart link for the items.

DO NOT REFRESH IT.  Let it spin.  

If you get a 521 timeout error, THEN refresh it and wait again.  

Even if the "add to cart" button on the listing page isn't working the links below should eventually work.  It will take you directly to the cart with the item in your cart if it successfully worked.

PS5 DISC: https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=363472942

PS5DIGITAL: https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=493824815 
XBOX SERIES X: https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=443574645
XBOX SERIES S: https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=606518560

Trust me.  It works.  I know :)

• Thanks 1