Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I stopped playing The Witcher 3 a couple of weeks ago because I lost a couple of hours due to a saving glitch. I couldn't imagine losing EVERYTHING because of a saving glitch, thats a deal breaker. I can't lie, I do enjoy these big gaming companies falling on their faces and losing an assload of money. None of these AAA gaming developers are gamer first, once they become big and successful, its all about the money. Don't forget, I believe CP2077 was set to launch in April of 2019, there was no next generation then. How can they develop an release a game on the XB1/PS4 almost a year later and it still not work on last gen...the gen it was developed for? They lied, they wanted your money.

I can't wait in six months when this game is "fixed", but only costs $20.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I stopped playing The Witcher 3 a couple of weeks ago because I lost a couple of hours due to a saving glitch. I couldn't imagine losing EVERYTHING because of a saving glitch, thats a deal breaker. I can't lie, I do enjoy these big gaming companies falling on their faces and losing an assload of money. None of these AAA gaming developers are gamer first, once they become big and successful, its all about the money. Don't forget, I believe CP2077 was set to launch in April of 2019, there was no next generation then. How can they develop an release a game on the XB1/PS4 almost a year later and it still not work on last gen...the gen it was developed for? They lied, they wanted your money.

I can't wait in six months when this game is "fixed", but only costs $20.

I don't think that is fair to say about the developers.

I think the developers care dearly about the final product.  The problem is the suits who are making the schedule do not understand how development works and set unrealistic deadlines.  In the case with CP2077 you had devs coming out saying they flat out questioned the suits as to why they released it and they wanted to delay it, but the suits didn't care. 

Generally speaking, most good devs are very passionate about development and care big time about the final product they put out.  Of course you have some that don't but they are typically the people who do enough just tooget by and don't care about the final product anyways.  They don't make the big bucks.

I have seen this a lot in my career in contracting development world.  It's what happens often when a contract goes up for recompete and a new company wins the contract because of a lower bid.  I've been at a job where a new company won the recompete and I went on board with them (for a huge pay raise too) because my current company had no work for me since they lost the contract, and the higher ups asked me how long it would take to implement something and I told them 2 months.  They told me I had 4 weeks to get it done.

Needless to say I did not last long with that company at all.  But I will say, salary wise, it is by far the best thing that ever happened to me because I got a $29k raise overnight.

Edited by purbeast

28 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I don't think that is fair to say about the developers.

I think the developers care dearly about the final product.  The problem is the suits who are making the schedule do not understand how development works and set unrealistic deadlines.  In the case with CP2077 you had devs coming out saying they flat out questioned the suits as to why they released it and they wanted to delay it, but the suits didn't care. 

Generally speaking, most good devs are very passionate about development and care big time about the final product they put out.  Of course you have some that don't but they are typically the people who do enough just tooget by and don't care about the final product anyways.  They don't make the big bucks.

I have seen this a lot in my career in contracting development world.  It's what happens often when a contract goes up for recompete and a new company wins the contract because of a lower bid.  I've been at a job where a new company won the recompete and I went on board with them (for a huge pay raise too) because my current company had no work for me since they lost the contract, and the higher ups asked me how long it would take to implement something and I told them 2 months.  They told me I had 4 weeks to get it done.

Needless to say I did not last long with that company at all.  But I will say, salary wise, it is by far the best thing that ever happened to me because I got a $29k raise overnight.

I didn't mean the developers themselves, they're working joes like the rest of us. In fact, I feel terrible for them. I couldn't imagine having to work 60, 80, 100 hour work weeks, be forced to push out this mess and then continue crunch time to fix things they were forced to neglect the first time around. 

I thought this game was going to be the new standard of what an RPG should be, instead its the new standard of what one shouldn't become. Hopefully, customers learned their lesson and won't be so quick to throw their money away. Hell, some people are still defending CDPR as of right now. It boggles the mind.

• Like 1

Steam Winter Sale seems like the lamest they've ever done.  No coupon or anything interesting really, just discounts (and I don't think the discounts are that great)  Although it does look like Total War Three Kingdoms is cheaper than I've seen it before, so I might get that.  Not sure it will run on my computer though.  

Hmmm, I do notice some cute animated stickers and other things in the points shop, but I don't think they're new from the sale for the most part.

Edited by visionary

I've been playing a game on my pc the past few days called Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children.  It's like a Korean Anime X-Com mixed with a visual novel with interesting characters, nice art, cool moves and abilities and buffs.  Pretty enjoyable so far, although it has crashed a few times (maybe because my computer is just under the memory minimum), but the autosave has made that mostly inconsequential.  

• Like 2

Uh.....WTF are they doing?  

December 21, 2020, 4:36 pm
Departed Post Office
MILLVILLE, NJ 08332 

December 22, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

December 22, 2020, 8:13 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 22, 2020 at 8:13 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Expected Delivery by

TUESDAY22 DECEMBER2020

by
9:00pm

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, visionary said:

Uh.....WTF are they doing?  

December 21, 2020, 4:36 pm
Departed Post Office
MILLVILLE, NJ 08332 

December 22, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

December 22, 2020, 8:13 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 22, 2020 at 8:13 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Expected Delivery by

TUESDAY22 DECEMBER2020

by
9:00pm

Should go ahead and start a claim. Once it inexplicably jumps all the way down the east coast...it's probably gone. 

• Sad 1

It is wack you cant hack them. I have thought about giving them the ol' contagion and hide more than a few times but its impossible. Cant hack random innocents either, which is just silly. No one is innocent in Night City. 

Also I have retrieved the dildo and it has good stats. But again, the dildo thing was over played. There is only a tasteful amount of dildo in the game. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

It is wack you cant hack them. I have thought about giving them the ol' contagion and hide more than a few times but its impossible. Cant hack random innocents either, which is just silly. No one is innocent in Night City. 

And that is precisely why i am killing them all 😃

Sucks you can't hack the police, or randos. Big missed opportunity for hilarious scenarios. I imagine rolling up to some guys apt and hacking images of him doing naughty things on his server, then extorting him.

Also I have retrieved the dildo and it has good stats. But again, the dildo thing was over played. There is only a tasteful amount of dildo in the game. 

I have seen not a single one since my first initial playthrough (where they were everywhere). I suppose they got patched out of the game to a considerable degree.