Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Fine, Do Itch.  Play a ranked playlist like they had 8 years ago.  Don't make it the only option.

You won't get better if you play down to your competition.  You won't get humbled.

You want easier s***.  You don't want players who have worked hard to become great to humble you, teach you.

And worst of all, it is a game.  Not serious.  I should be able to unleash the most powerful streak, being this dedicated.

kneel-before-zod.gif

4 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

You won't get better if you play down to your competition.  You won't get humbled.

You’re all over the place lol. This is exactly what you are railing against. Maybe this is why they are making you play higher skilled and more challenging players. So you can get even better. I guess only bad players are the ones that have to play harder competition to get better. Good players just get to punch down for easy kills.  

you know if it’s this troubling losing the ability to dominate trash players all the time, maybe some of you guys with your 360 no scopes and 10x prestiges just weren’t as good as you thought? Otherwise you’d be fine sharpening your skills against better competition. Sounds like you just wanted it easy and don’t have that now. 

and to be clear, this means nothing to me. I haven’t given COD multiplayer a serious thought since Akimbo 1887s in MW2 showed me how broken and unbalanced these games are by design.  It’s just hilarious seeing the gaps in the logic you are using 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You’re all over the place lol. This is exactly what you are railing against. Maybe this is why they are making you play higher skilled and more challenging players. So you can get even better. I guess only bad players are the ones that have to play harder competition to get better. Good players just get to punch down for easy kills.  

you know if it’s this troubling losing the ability to dominate trash players all the time, maybe some of you guys with your 360 no scopes and 10x prestiges just weren’t as good as you thought? Otherwise you’d be fine sharpening your skills against better competition. Sounds like you just wanted it easy and don’t have that now. 

and to be clear, this means nothing to me. I haven’t given COD multiplayer a serious thought since Akimbo 1887s in MW2 showed me how broken and unbalanced these games are by design.  It’s just hilarious seeing the gaps in the logic you are using 

Once again you make no sense.  And I'm not all over the place.  You stopped because of Akimbo 1887s 10 years ago?  Oh, let me take YOUR opinion as gospel.  🤣

Those akimbo secondary machine pistols were so much worse.

The point is simple, and short.  Give us an option like we had TWO GENERATIONS OF CONSOLES AGO. 

I played league play.  I played my equals, I played people better than me.  On purpose.

Not because I was forced to.

It is you who will never play beasts anymore.  Ever.  No wonder you're for this.

At least in pubs there was a virtual guarantee you'd still have a beast and decent players to go against.  You act like those lobbies were only full of bums.  They weren't.  Nobody was complaining, yet they had to "fix" something that wasn't broken.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Quick question for the COD guys, what game within the game is your favorite And why? Death match, domination, search and destroy, hardpoint, kill confirm, free for all...?

When playing each game do you actually try and win or are you laying back and sniping/camping for your k/d ratio?

Are you rushing to Capture a flag or stop a flag from getting captured in domination or hardPoint?

just curious, because for me when I play domination with a team that couldn’t care less about the win and are just there for their K/d it’s  a little annoying. 

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Quick question for the COD guys, what game within the game is your favorite And why? Death match, domination, search and destroy, hardpoint, kill confirm, free for all...?

When playing each game do you actually try and win or are you laying back and sniping/camping for your k/d ratio?

Are you rushing to Capture a flag or stop a flag from getting captured in domination or hardPoint?

just curious, because for me when I play domination with a team that couldn’t care less about the win and are just there for their K/d it’s  a little annoying. 

I was all over the place.  Core, hardcore.  Only game I didn't enjoy was Hardpoint.  Don't know why.  I would get the most intense for Domination and Demolition, and would be craftier for TDM and Free for All.

I was all about the W, but sometimes that means letting-up on objectives in order to safely reach a badass streak.  I'm not diving head first in to B flag if it's risky and I'm close to getting dogs.

Otherwise I was insane about objectives.  Loved capping and protecting B flag, which almost always was in the middle of the map.  I usually didn't care about A or C in that scenario.  I'd post up crazy defense numbers.  3 captures, 20 defends.  Almost all on B.

Do they show score per minute anymore?  That's what I was most "proud" of.  My K/D was good, but when they put in score per minute I was ranked in the top 1,000 or something.

And yes people trying to pad their K/Ds were the worst.  Nothing pissed me off more than being the only objective-minded dude.

• Like 1

@d0ublestr0ker0llhahaha we sound alike. Yeah, I love Domination and Kill Confirm. I’m all about the objectives and winning the game bamn. If my team shows no interest after the first few minutes I’ll fall back but otherwise jump on B right from the get go and battle it out the whole game. I’m willing to sacrifice lives for the squad To reach the goal. My k/d is 1.3 and rising. But I’m not really concerned with it. I just play for fun but anytime I do anything I’m gonna give it max effort. In this version you still run into those teams that are just dominant. But it is less frequently as it was 7-8 years ago. I love it when both teams are good and every player is engaged Going for it. It’s enjoyable. Some games lend themselves to dying more (domination) especially if you are actively trying to win, so K/d doesn’t paint the whole picture of a player imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@d0ublestr0ker0llhahaha we sound alike. Yeah, I love Domination and Kill Confirm. I’m all about the objectives and winning the game bamn. If my team shows no interest after the first few minutes I’ll fall back but otherwise jump on B right from the get go and battle it out the whole game. I’m willing to sacrifice lives for the squad To reach the goal. My k/d is 1.3 and rising. But I’m not really concerned with it. I just play for fun but anytime I do anything I’m gonna give it max effort. In this version you still run into those teams that are just dominant. But it is less frequently as it was 7-8 years ago. I love it when both teams are good and every player is engaged Going for it. It’s enjoyable. Some games lend themselves to dying more (domination) especially if you are actively trying to win, so K/d doesn’t paint the whole picture of a player imo. 

Yeah, K/D isn't even a perfect judge in TDM and FFA because someone could be going 10-1 every game, having a 10.00, but losing every match.  That's why SPM is such a good stat.

One thing about K/D that is often overlooked is that its important in objective games from the stance that you don't want to be helping the other team get their streaks.  And vice-versa...you want to hit your own streaks.

1.3 isn't bad, I'd happily team up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I always knew COD bros were really just dorks.  Spending a page arguing about ratios and statistics when talking about a game about splattering people's brains onto concrete walls.

I have no argument, I don’t even like the games. I’m just enjoying the entertainment over anyone getting upset at having to match against better players that are within their own skill level 

42 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have no argument, I don’t even like the games. I’m just enjoying the entertainment over anyone getting upset at having to match against better players that are within their own skill level 

I don't know of one great player who agrees with you.  There is a huge movement in the upper echelon to bring back casual lobbies.  There can still be league play, exactly how it is now.

You try to play against a team of John Rambos at all times, and see if your brain doesn't melt out of your nose.

I feel sorry for the guys who made a living off of using a variety of weapons.  The knifers are gone.  MP5, best attachments, best perks, best equipment, low streaks, or you're toast.

28 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I have no issue with facing better or equal players consistently. You win some you lose some. I don’t even really get into who is who, player wise. I don’t care about it like that. I’m not trying to become A pro. I also try and ignore the banter, zone out, and Just merk...

They're all pretty much around your skill level.  You aren't facing real noobs or real badass mfs.

• Like 1

@d0ublestr0ker0ll There are times, especially after a hot streak of several games of 2.0+ K/D, where all the sudden I'm facing someone on the other team who seems unkillable (taking 3/4/somtimes I swear like 5 shots) and having 100+ kills. He was double fisted with the silenced handgun with crazy purple popping bullets, LOL. I got him a few times but he got me plenty more. So I'll see them from time to time, but I gotta be in a zone zone for minute.

25 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@d0ublestr0ker0ll There are times, especially after a hot streak of several games of 2.0+ K/D, where all the sudden I'm facing someone on the other team who seems unkillable (taking 3/4/somtimes I swear like 5 shots) and having 100+ kills. He was double fisted with the silenced handgun with crazy purple popping bullets, LOL. I got him a few times but he got me plenty more. So I'll see them from time to time, but I gotta be in a zone zone for minute.

It messes with your strength of bullets and will push your aim off target if you're doing too well, in the middle of games. To paraphrase what the best player in the world said, "I don't play world championship tournaments for fun, I play them for money."  I also like a quote I heard another top player say.  "All of us had to go through the meat grinder.  That's how we got better, fast.  Now we have the new players only playing in the baby pool, while we're out here playing against the same handful of players every day, with everyone having 20 kills in a 100-99 game.  I've had more competition here than I have had in tournaments I've made thousands of dollars in.  Now I have to pay Activision for the same thing."

• Like 1

@d0ublestr0ker0ll See I didn't know all that.  That is pretty lame.  I understand the gripe from the super players and I get why the game has tried to make it more equitable. But that's gotta be a tough system to implement. I've been playing the game since it came out, except these last 7 years, I remember back in the day facing off against teams that were incredibly dominant and playing against them was just stupid. Like this is stupid, why am I playing this game, lol. So I think balance is key. Being more transparent about it would be an easy tweek. Your suggestion of giving a choice is not a bad one either. I'm sure it'll work itself out. I'll take more notice of it.

12 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@d0ublestr0ker0ll See I didn't know all that.  That is pretty lame.  I understand the gripe from the super players and I get why the game has tried to make it more equitable. But that's gotta be a tough system to implement. I've been playing the game since it came out, except these last 7 years, I remember back in the day facing off against teams that were incredibly dominant and playing against them was just stupid. Like this is stupid, why am I playing this game, lol. So I think balance is key. Being more transparent about it would be an easy tweek. Your suggestion of giving a choice is not a bad one either. I'm sure it'll work itself out. I'll take more notice of it.

That's exactly what I said was the only problem back in the day, several posts back - parties in lobbies.  I'd just back out if I wasn't partied up as well.  The matchmaking tried to make it as skill-balanced as possible when you were in a lobby, but there wasn't anything you could do about parties, except lobby shop or play Mercenary TDM.  Which reminds me, I used to wonder why mercenary didn't have more games.  I know they didn't want to thin the playlists out, but mercenary dom?  Come on, reg and merc would've still been super popular. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@Mr. Sinister hahah...I've been mixing in some Cyberpunk too..I'm enjoying it but I'm really just scratching the surface. I've gotta delve further into it...There are like a thousand things to do and so many side missions that I'm a little overwhelmed with what to do, lol. 

Yeah I'm currently in side mission Hell myself, lol. Its fun, but goddamn the driving in this is busted