Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

when you are referring to the end are you referring to the Resort section or the end itself? 

The final scene of the first game is incredible and perfect but I think this one might top it,

Hide contents

With Ellie forgiving Abby and thus forgiving Joel, Returning home to realIs all she had lost on her path for vengeance including her connection to Joel thru being able to play the guitar and then the final shot of the moth on the guitar, implying that like a moth she found her way back to the light from the darkness. 

i think a 3rd one will try to redeem her and for her to find a purpose in her life whether that ends up giving her life for someone else or just finally finding peace. 

I also think the level design of the resort/rattler area is ridiculously good 

Was referring to the ending.  It was very good, but the ending to the first one was, as you said, perfect.  

Is there going to be a Part 3????

Also, are the Uncharted games similar and as good?

So last week my Xbox One S died of harddrive failure. (Im wondering if running at 4k for 2 weeks killed it?) Anyways, I'm sure you guys know it's near impossible to find the new consoles?

Yeah it's the same with the old ones. I know I could send my XB1 to Xbox for repair, but that likely takes a month or more. I can't go that long without one. Plus the Xbox has become the central hub for entertainment in the living room, especially with that nice new LG 4k TV we got 2 weeks ago. 

I called Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, Target looking for an XB1 or even a PS4. They all laughed at me basically and said good luck. I went to my last resort, FB market place..... and found insane prices on the old ones. $500 to $600 for an Xb1 or PS4. I remembered the Xbox One X, searched that, and found one 50 miles away for $300 with 2 controllers and 4 games.

30minutes lately I found myself in an alley behind a McDonald's in Stillwater buying it. It was quite a day. It works great though, all my games look a lot better and it seems like the Xbox runs faster too. 

Was going to wait for the next gen for Cyberpunk, but I went ahead and bought it. Only played a few hours, but it's running fine on the One X, really enjoying the game too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Why would they even have the option to downgrade a weapon? What is the benefit. 

that is like Dwight Schrute saying he can raise and lower his cholesterol at will. 

“why would you want to raise your cholesterol?”

”so that I can lower it” 

I googled that because I was curious too.

Apparently you can make weapons go in different directions with different types of material you upgrade them with, which I haven't gotten to yet.

So say you have a weapon at +5 that is like magic heavy, but you want that weapon to go fire heavy instead.  

You can't upgrade it at the +5 to then turn it to the fire direction, you have to start back from scratch at 0.

So that makes sense to me.  But still, maybe downgrade shouldn't be in the UPGRADE WEAPONS option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Was referring to the ending.  It was very good, but the ending to the first one was, as you said, perfect.  

Is there going to be a Part 3????

Also, are the Uncharted games similar and as good?

its not announced but I think there will be. they took it this far, now bring it home. 

the Uncharted games are fantastic but they are nothing like this. Confronting the brutality of your actions in TLOU could almost be seen as a response to the classical action chaos of uncharted, 

they are among the best games on the PS3-4 so worth a shot. Where TLOU is The Godfather these are Raiders of the Lost Arc. Quite literally actually. They’re blockbuster Indians Jones movies that are insanely fun. The first is a little stiff at this point but 2-4 are masterpieces and even 4 grapple with the events of the previous 3 and the lives of the characters in a way most video games and even movies do not even attempt. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they are among the best games on the PS3-4 so worth a shot. Where TLOU is The Godfather these are Raiders of the Lost Arc. Quite literally actually. They’re blockbuster Indians Jones movies that are insanely fun. The first is a little stiff at this point but 2-4 are masterpieces and even 4 grapple with the events of the previous 3 and the lives of the characters in a way most video games and even movies do not even attempt. 

If I only have a PS4, what is the way to do it?  

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Nathan Drake collection is 1-3 remastered on PS4 and then Uncharted 4 is a PS4 exclusive. 

Much appreciated.  I was just looking for something to bridge the gap until I get a PS5, and I'm holding off on that until more games come out for it.  Have been working my way thought some of the console-defining games that I had missed, Uncharted definitely fits that criteria.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Much appreciated.  I was just looking for something to bridge the gap until I get a PS5, and I'm holding off on that until more games come out for it.  Have been working my way thought some of the console-defining games that I had missed, Uncharted definitely fits that criteria.  

oh for sure. It’s a must play series to me. They really refine the controls and start taking some storytelling risks in 2 so like I said if 1 is a little rocky just stick with it. The gun play gets a lot better after 1.  Then 3 really takes off with the story and 4 tells a very mature and realistic conclusion for the characters that is as good of an ending as you could hope for to close out a flagship series like this imo

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always found it funny how Uncharted clearly ripped off of Tomb Raider, and now all of the Tomb Raider games are basically ripping off of Uncharted lol.

Uncharted games are very fun and have great characters.  Part of the charm of the game is that the characters are just regular people who hunt treasures.  Sure it's fake as hell but it's just fun and reminds you of stuff like mentioned, Indiana Jones.

I found the series a bit stale when I got to part 4 and never finished 4 out of boredom.  I was like 3 chapters or so away from the end but just gave up and lost interest.

I'd say part 2 is the best one if I had to pick, followed by 3, 1, then 4.  There is a spinoff side game too that I never played.  Part 1 definitely had some technical issues (screen tearing killed me) and the control was way looser than part 2+, but it's still an awesome game, especially at it's time.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Started Outer Wilds this weekend. Feel like The Outer Worlds stole this games thunder but this is such an addictive and fun game. So simple but just charming and beautiful 

you are a cartoonish alien astronaut from this little forest planet. They have discovered space travel and you are the next one to go into space and explore. It’s 4th wall breaking and the dialogue (all told via text like Zelda) is funny and clever and it doesn’t take its self seriously. 

there was a race of creatures that existed a long time before that are no longer around so you’re tasked with learning more about what happened to them. One of the previous astronauts decades earlier has never come back either. There are only a handful of planets in the solar system to explore but you pilot the ship the whole way there and landing on them can be a ****. Then you suit up and are off to explore 

There is no combat either but it’s not even missed. The game is basically all one big puzzle exploring the planets and unraveling the mysteries of the solar system. Piecing every new detail or clue together in the ship log to point you to the next destination. There aren’t missions or levels or skill trees. That’s pretty much it but it’s all entirely up to you what planet to go to and what to do. There is a sound device where you can pick up signals that are either mysteries to solve or indications of where to go. There are probes you can launch to take pics so you can see what’s around the other side of the planet or something you might want to explore. There are so many leads to follow up and they will eventually connect it seems or connect enough to point you in the direction to something else

there is one thing that’s a little more involved since there exists a black hole but that’s all I will say to avoid spoilers. 

I’m having a lot of fun with it 

I gotta say, Outer Wilds is one of the best adventure games I’ve ever played. This is like Interstellar crossed with Majoras Mask minus any combat. I haven’t been able to put it down. It just hits that childhood feeling of wonder and curiosity. Seeing something happening across the solar system or on a planet that drifts by and I just hop in my ship and go check it out. The gameplay is so simple yet so much fun and addictive. It’s not a simulation, it’s fantasy. I mean the spaceship is made of wooden barrels lol but it’s perfect for what it wants to do. 

you will die, a lot. But each time you die you feel so happy to just hop back in your ship, blast off, and try to explore more, all for what result? To learn. You are learning the secrets of the previous race that existed before and the secrets of this particular solar system. It feels almost like a detective work in that every planet and every clue on each planet is a piece of a bigger puzzle. It all fits together so beautifully. Everything in this world happens for a reason and you have to figure out the why and the how and then figure out what those all mean. Some of the moments have left me speechless and I just think to myself “wow that was genius” 

there is no set path to go down or order to do things either. You can go to any planet you want whenever you want and find the clues in any order. 10 people could have 10 different playthroughs and some will tackle things last that others did first. There is essentially no tutorial either or handholding as you just wake up, get the quick and dirty of what you have to do, and blast off to infinity and beyond 

• Like 1

I'm plasti-dipping my PS5 black right now.  It is turning out pretty good although a few spots where larger drops sprayed out are a bit noticeable if looking for them.  I've got about one more coat to put on and and then I'll see how it looks on the actual console.  I'll snap some pics when done.

Oh and the RE8 demo is out on PS5.  I downloaded it but won't try it out until later because of some kiddos here.  It's just under 4gb.

Edited by purbeast

On 1/19/2021 at 7:51 AM, purbeast said:

I'm starting to get hooked on Demon's Souls as I've had some time to actually sit down and play it recently.  I'm actually making some progress too.

But also **** that Demon’s / Dark Souls that has made me rage quit e 

Demons Souls/ Dark Souls is the king of rage quit.  I had Demons Souls on PS3 and have Dark Souls 2 on PC and still haven’t beaten either. 

11 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Demons Souls/ Dark Souls is the king of rage quit.  I had Demons Souls on PS3 and have Dark Souls 2 on PC and still haven’t beaten either. 

While I find the game hard, I haven't found it unfair really.  I never feel like I lose because of some super cheap stuff that isn't fair.  Now granted, I am only still on the first part of the 4th level so I'm not that far in lol.

Man RE8 demo is creepy as ****. That game screams atmosphere especially on a big screen with surround sound. It’s going to be scary as **** if this is how the whole game is.

And **** … if this is for PSVR also, it’s going to be hard to play it because it’ll be so creepy. RE7 on PSVR is one of my all time favorite gaming experiences but the game was legit stressful as **** to play because of how scary it was.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Man RE8 demo is creepy as ****. That game screams atmosphere especially on a big screen with surround sound. It’s going to be scary as **** if this is how the whole game is.

And **** … if this is for PSVR also, it’s going to be hard to play it because it’ll be so creepy. RE7 on PSVR is one of my all time favorite gaming experiences but the game was legit stressful as **** to play because of how scary it was.

awesome to hear. I’m really hoping this is a VR release too since RE7 was a wild and horrifying VR experience 

LOL @ MS raising prices without adding anything.  That is such a scummy move.  So glad I haven't cared about online gaming for years now on Xbox platform.  And I will never support Gamepass Ultimate either so they can go right on and **** off with trying to sell me some SaaS on Xbox platform.

Also ... LOL.  It's the "always online" all over again.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/

We messed up today and you were right to let us know. Connecting and playing with friends is a vital part of gaming and we failed to meet the expectations of players who count on it every day. As a result, we have decided not to change Xbox Live Gold pricing.

We’re turning this moment into an opportunity to bring Xbox Live more in line with how we see the player at the center of their experience. For free-to-play games, you will no longer need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play those games on Xbox. We are working hard to deliver this change as soon as possible in the coming months.

If you are an Xbox Live Gold member already, you stay at your current price for renewal. New and existing members can continue to enjoy Xbox Live Gold for the same prices they pay today. In the US, $9.99 for 1-month, $24.99 for 3-months, $39.99 for 6-months and $59.99 for retail 12-months.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, purbeast said:

LOL @ MS raising prices without adding anything.  That is such a scummy move.  So glad I haven't cared about online gaming for years now on Xbox platform.  And I will never support Gamepass Ultimate either so they can go right on and **** off with trying to sell me some SaaS on Xbox platform.

Why is that scummy?  They have a very large audience that can't live without their service (even if they complain about ****ing everything). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_elasticity_of_demand

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why is that scummy?  They have a very large audience that can't live without their service (even if they complain about ****ing everything). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_elasticity_of_demand

It's scummy when you do so to people who are locked into your walled garden.

"Hey, you know how you spent $500 on our product instead of our competitor's product with the understanding that online play would cost $60 a year?  Well now it's $120.  Enjoy!"