Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Already put my pre order down for the ME trilogy remastered. Can't effing wait.

Renegade Femshep Vanguard, lfg. Bad news in all of this however, is no ME3 multiplayer. Probably the only non sports multiplayer I've ever enjoyed. 

I hope they incorporated some of those ridiculously awesome mp builds into the campaign then. Who could ever forget the Talon company merc with the trip mines, or the Geth Tank, or Asari Valkyrie (the best build imo if you ran with another biotic, just warp detonating everything in sight

That multiplayer was ****ing epic and I could never get anyone to believe me. Geth Tank is what I think I remember but honestly it was so long ago I just remember getting some black talon sniper to drop and being super hype about it. 

im making the wife play this or threatening a divorce. She cannot continue to be uninitiated. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

That multiplayer was ****ing epic and I could never get anyone to believe me. Geth Tank is what I think I remember...

The "Juggernaut" 

Max hex shields could protect the whole squad if you ran Gold or Platinum and faced off against multiple boss level baddies at once. Then I think you also had a massive cannon on top as well, to clear out the riff raff.

Just finished my second play through  of TLOU2. So much stuff that made more sense the second time. Glad I took the time to do it. 

Started Drake’s Fortune. So far seems good, but going from a state of the art and gorgeously rendered 2020 PS4 game to a 2007 PS3 game is a bit jarring. 

• Like 1

I could never really make my way through Gold in ME Multiplayer but there's just pure joy in taking N7 Destroyer on Bronze, bringing the Typhoon assault rifle, and running around the new players while being an absolute god of war.

I'm on PC, so I'm tempted to be scum and hack myself infinite money now. I spent 3 years leveling up my stuff and STILL don't have a Valkyrie or any Lancer upgrades past level 3. I might as well get some last enjoyment before EA gets any ideas of canning it.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Started Drake’s Fortune. So far seems good, but going from a state of the art and gorgeously rendered 2020 PS4 game to a 2007 PS3 game is a bit jarring.

it is fun playing thru those and seeing that basically every ND game sets the graphical standard for whatever PS console it’s released on at the time. You can actually see this as you go thru the remastered series too. They really learn the consoles and push them with each game

that is an adjustment but TLOU 2 is the best console game I’ve ever seen. High standard 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Also went through some youtube videos of people explaining the "meaning" of TLOU 2's ending and general story arc and, boy, do some of them get it completely wrong.  :ols:

not sure if you caught the backlash from this game since you got it later but man upon release and still to this day it’s just bashed relentlessly online.

People really couldn’t handle the events of the game and the specific let’s say characteristics of some of its important characters. So they review bombed it, bashed it, make up plot holes where they don’t exist, trash Druckman for being...let’s just say woke etc. 

Needless to say, the actual story and meaning is entirely lost on them 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I could never really make my way through Gold in ME Multiplayer but there's just pure joy in taking N7 Destroyer on Bronze, bringing the Typhoon assault rifle, and running around the new players while being an absolute god of war.

I'm on PC, so I'm tempted to be scum and hack myself infinite money now. I spent 3 years leveling up my stuff and STILL don't have a Valkyrie or any Lancer upgrades past level 3. I might as well get some last enjoyment before EA gets any ideas of canning it.

Gah, the Destroyer was elusive for me. Basterd pack a mean punch but was probably the most impossible character to acquire, it felt like.

Gold was simple for me, so long as everyone had complimentary builds, like either a team of biotic, or a Tech and one Tank, and making sure to work in unison on the Tasks. Problem is you'd always get stuck with that one guy that is just playing fir scores and keeps getting everyone killed 😡

Platinum was the one where its like help me Jesus. Only matches that I remember winning were the ones where everyones character was fully maxed out with a build centric weapon, and you basically fought together 300 style, section by section. Basically like an 8 man tag in a phone booth.

Good times

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Incels and bigots. That’s all it was. 

They're still there, and they get mercilessly dunked on. Anyone that played this for 20 mins knew from the jump that it was gonna sweep GOY awards, and it did, then it beat out Witcher 3 for most awards ever earned by a single game ever. They did NOT like that 😂

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

not sure if you caught the backlash from this game since you got it later but man upon release and still to this day it’s just bashed relentlessly online.

People really couldn’t handle the events of the game and the specific let’s say characteristics of some of its important characters. So they review bombed it, bashed it, make up plot holes where they don’t exist, trash Druckman for being...let’s just say woke etc. 

Needless to say, the actual story and meaning is entirely lost on them 

Yea, I sort of caught some of it.  Gamers (present company excluded) are some of our society's worst people, so no surprise they could not handle a all-time great hero(ine) being gay and another key character being trans.  

In the handful of videos I saw, that didn't seem to be the issue, at least not obviously.  One that I saw took the position that Joel was evil and solely motivated by anger issues, and the point of the story was for Ellie to break that cycle, which she finally does at the end.  

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, I sort of caught some of it.  Gamers (present company excluded) are some of our society's worst people, so no surprise they could not handle a all-time great hero(ine) being gay and another key character being trans.  

In the handful of videos I saw, that didn't seem to be the issue, at least not obviously.  One that I saw took the position that Joel was evil and solely motivated by anger issues, and the point of the story was for Ellie to break that cycle, which she finally does at the end.  

Who was the tranny in TLOU2?  

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lev/Lily.  

Did they get into that in the story?  

If so, Jesus, I completely missed that lol.

EDIT:

Oh snap never mind, I do remember that lol.  They did get into that in the story and how the parents were not happy about the buzz cut if I remember correctly.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah, it was the whole reason why they escaped the community, and why their mother had issues. They talk about it a lot, without being direct, so it's easy to miss.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, it was the whole reason why they escaped the community, and why their mother had issues. They talk about it a lot, without being direct, so it's easy to miss.

Yeah I just edited my post.  I remembered the mom being upset about the buzzcut and how they went into that a bit.

I don't remember it being for transgender reasons specifically though.  It's been a while since I played it though too. 

Edited by purbeast

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah I just edited my post.  I remembered the mom being upset about the buzzcut and how they went into that a bit.

I don't remember it being for transgender reasons specifically though.  It's been a while since I played it though too. 

Oh yeah, towards the very end of the game, the older sister goes into detail about it, and explains that its why the kid was branded an "Apostate," because they couldn't accept her as a boy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

yeah its very subtle and never outright stated that I saw unless it’s a conversation you can miss which is why it’s so laughable that it was an issue to people. 

but the enemies call him Lily and he was betrothed to one of the elders which was when he shaved his head in defiance and went by Lev instead. This broke their strict religious code and he ran away and Yara went after him. 

they only talk about it a few times directly when he asks Abby if she heard what they called him after a fight. He then says asks if she wants to ask him about it and she says do you want me to ask about it and he says no. That’s the end of it there. 

yara talks to Abby about “people like him” and how she told him to just “keep who he was inside” and then mentions that he was selected by the elders to be a wife when he wanted to be a soldier. 

23 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

they could not handle a all-time great hero(ine) being gay and another key character being trans.  

Honestly Abby got the worst of it. they couldn’t handle Abby being muscular. There are still people claiming she’s trans and has a dick and is modeled after the women Neil Druckman gets to peg him and other vile **** 

it’s awful. ****ing losers 

• Like 3