Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

14 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Crackdown will always be remembered as the game you had to buy to get a Halo demo.

I didn't buy many games back then...

$70 looking standard for PS5 first party titles this gen.

Oh well I will be preordering this as soon as it's available on Best Buy's website.

• Like 2

Pedro Pascal cast as Joel in HBO’s The Last of Us Series 

I think he can pull it off if he can figure out the beard. His is way too patchy. Need something legit for Joel lol 

Pascal also stars in a Netflix movie Prospect which I mentioned in the movie thread about space miners. He’s fantastic in it and it has some TLOU vibes that make me like the casting a lot more. Check it out but don’t watch the trailer because it spoils things badly 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Pedro Pascal cast as Joel in HBO’s The Last of Us Series 

I think he can pull it off if he can figure out the beard. His is way too patchy. Need something legit for Joel lol 

They can do amazing things with lace fronts these days playa lol

• Like 1

The Mormont girl from GoT was also cast as Ellie. Hard to feel her range as thats all I've seen her in, and her character seemed pretty stoic, but Pascal can definitely do Joel. She would be 2-3 years older now, so I can definitely see it

Can't wait to see who else they cast. There were rumors that they were looking at Mahershala for Joel, but with that one spot gone, maybe he can play Henry, or they can do a non-blood brothers thing and cast him as Tommy

Edited by Mr. Sinister

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The Mormont girl from GoT was also cast as Ellie. Hard to feel her range as thats all I've seen her in, and her character seemed pretty stoic, but Pascal can definitely do Joel. She would be 2-3 years older now, so I can definitely see it

Can't wait to see who else they cast. There were rumors that they were looking at Mahershala for Joel, but with that one spot gone, maybe he can play Henry, or they can do a non-blood brothers thing and cast him as Tommy

Tommy, Marlena, and Tess are really the only other big roles to cast. Unless they really expand parts like Henry or the smuggler dude from the beginning that crosses them. I guess David would be a big one, a whole season of that 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Tommy, Marlena, and Tess are really the only other big roles to cast. Unless they really expand parts like Henry or the smuggler dude from the beginning that crosses them. I guess David would be a big one, a whole season of that 

Wouldn't mind new plots and characters too. A 100% copy and paste would kinda suck. Of course, fanboys on Twitter seem to be sounding off, saying she doesn't look like Ellie. Apparently these people have ner heard of things like acting, prosthetics, makeup, hair dye, etc.

Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles is the closest thing I've ever seen to perfection, and half of it was because he could sing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I hope to have one by May, so my nephew can play it for his 11th birthday. He loves Ratchet and Clank. My first few games will likely be it, Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man Miles Morales. Then RE8.

Just finished Miles Morales. It was fun as hell. Spidey is the man..

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wouldn't mind new plots and characters too. A 100% copy and paste would kinda suck. Of course, fanboys on Twitter seem to be sounding off, saying she doesn't look like Ellie. Apparently these people have ner heard of things like acting, prosthetics, makeup, hair dye, etc.

yeah I’m sure they will add a bunch of stuff. I’m curious what their ambition is. I’d imagine each season (spring, summer etc) would last 1 season on the show if it followed anything close to that construct and story content. A 4 season arc is about as well as you could hope for imo. It’s also hard because the girl is going to be growing up and is at the age where slight growth between years can show dramatic differences in a show like Bran in GOT. 

4 years might be the max you can push it but then you could always do the sequel if it was a successful show 

I’ll admit, I’m not a huge fan of the Bella Ramsey Mormont casting either 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Check it out but don’t watch the trailer because it spoils things badly 

How can it spoil a movie based on a game that I've already played?

Edit:  This is a 100% honest question. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

37 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How can it spoil a movie based on a game that I've already played?

Edit:  This is a 100% honest question. 

Long day at the office, huh? I was referring to the  Netflix movie Prospect with Pedro Pascal that I said had some TLOU vibes and helps view him playing as Joel 

• Haha 1

So last night in Demon’s Souls, after I upgraded my Scimitar from 9+ to +10 and getting the Light Enhance magic spell, I went back and faced the Maneater with that weapon enchanted by magic, and I beat it pretty damn easily. My melee damage was greatly increased after doing that.

Then I faced the Old Monk immediately after and it was like facing a regular enemy almost. Like I thought there was going to be more to that boss fight, like another one or something would come out, but nope. I couldn’t believe how easy it was.

This game is pretty fantastic though.  I'm really glad I picked it up because I wasn't sure I would like it or not.  

I have finished archstones 2 and 3, have gotten through most of 4-2, haven't started 5-2 yet, and have just passed 1-3 boss fight.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I almost put “There, I said it” at the end of my post. 

Im gonna play it out just to get to the rest of the series. 

I'm gonna be honest and say its probably been 10 years (at least)  since I last played it, so I'm running off of 100% nostalgia.

Graphics, I'm sure, aren't up to snuff the way I remember (Even Uncharted II, which came out around 2009 or so, felt graphically superior in almost every way).

Iirc the gunfighting certainly seems excessive when you first get to the Island, but it evens out after awhile and the story def picks up quite a bit.

The magic isn't gonna be the same almost 15 years later, but just hang on. It might grow on ya