Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I like that they just have personal lists on there instead of this one list.  

And I like that the lists are pretty different.

Too hard for me to really put an exact order on the games, but my top exclusives would be:

1. The Last of Us 2

2. Ghost of Tsushima

3. God of War

4. Beatsaber

5. Resident Evil 7 (PSVR mode)

6. Astrobot

7. Moss

8. Farpoint

It's interesting to read both of them compare Astrobot to Mario 64, because that is the exact comparison I had myself when I played it.  Like the way Mario 64 translated the platformer genre so seemlessly to 3D is exactly what Astrobot did from 3D -> VR with the genre.  

I'd also throw in an honorable mention of Statik for PSVR.  It's a puzzle game that is 10 levels long, but it is just an amazing experience and one that you can really only play through once to get that feeling, because once you know how to solve the puzzles, it ruins the fun of figuring it out.  The premise is that you are basically locked in a room with your hands locked in this lock box.  And the lockbox has a bunch of controls on it.  And your hands are on a DS4 controller, and each button on the controller corresponds to something on the lockbox on your hands.  You can turn your hands and look all around and it maps 1:1 with you in real life.  Then in each room you have to look around to figure out the hints to open the lockbox.  It's just an awesome experience.

Edited by purbeast

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Are games considered exclusives if they are on Windows and Occulus Quest too?

If you want them to be.  It's all semantics whether you are talking console exclusive or not.

I guess you are right though that Beatsaber is on PC.  Moss was exclusive to PSVR when I played it so I'll consider that exclusive for my opinion of it lol. 

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Are games considered exclusives if they are on Windows and Occulus Quest too?

I don't think the point is to get bogged down in the semantics.  Just list your favorite PS4 games.

I can't really rank a top 10 b/c I don't play enough.  I've missed a lot of the "popular" titles.

I'm a sucker for Fallout and loved Fallout 4.  The other one was obviously a huge disappointment.  

The Last of Us II was incredible, I am playing it through for a second time right now.

I thought Spiderman was a lot of fun.  Far Cry 4 was never going to win an Oscar, but I thought it was a lot of fun too.  

I should pick HZD back up.  I hear the first few hours are a slog for most people, then it gets better.  I never got passed the early part.  

Next I'm going to work though the Uncharted games from beginning to end.  

Grand Theft Auto 5 was fun, but to much extraneous ****.  I ****ing hated Sekiro and put it down after 30 minutes.  

1) The Last of Us 2

2) Horizon Zero Dawn

3) God of War

4) Death Stranding 

5) Spider-Man 

6) Uncharted 4

7) Detroit Become Human

8. The Last Guardian

9) Days Gone

10) Until Dawn

those are my exclusives only. Ghost of Tsushima would for sure be on the list too but I haven’t played it. I don’t consider TLOU remastered or Shadow of the Colossus PS4 exclusives since they came out on previous gen systems too. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How is it on "Small Child" difficulty?

If it’s you, play it on normal. It has a nice steady progression where by the end of the game you are a certifiable badass that can take down the hardest enemies with ease. You can get like that too even on ultra hard DLC but it’s a hell of a lot more challenging. 

for your first play through I recommend normal. It’s still challenging. 

small child...put it on very easy and you can one shot everything. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The DLC bots made me cry uncle and put it down

you gotta level up in the game before trying DLC. Those things will absolutely wreck you in a second 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If it’s you, play it on normal. It has a nice steady progression where by the end of the game you are a certifiable badass that can take down the hardest enemies with ease. You can get like that too even on ultra hard DLC but it’s a hell of a lot more challenging. 

for your first play through I recommend normal. It’s still challenging. 

small child...put it on very easy and you can one shot everything. 

Or @PleaseBlitz you could learn your kid some heart, and show them the way of pain and suffering. 👍🏼

Would not be where I am today without getting repeatedly sodomized by Kintaro in Mortal Kombat II, beating him, getting repeatedly sodomized by Shao Kahn, then beating him and conquering the Tower.

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

you gotta level up in the game before trying DLC. Those things will absolutely wreck you in a second 

I need to revisit this. I swore my level was pretty high, but I went up that first cliff in Frozen Wilds before you meet the shaman, and ended up having to sneak past that deranged Sawtooth because it absolutely would destroy me every time. No chance. I even had on the Zero Dawn tech gear (pretty sure I did at least).

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Or @PleaseBlitz you could learn your kid some heart, and show them the way of pain and suffering. 👍🏼

Would not be where I am today without getting repeatedly sodomized by Kintaro in Mortal Kombat II, beating him, getting repeatedly sodomized by Shao Kahn, then beating him and conquering the Tower.

It's for me.  I'm just looking for a casual playthrough were I chew through a bunch of mechadinosaurs like a ****ing savage.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's for me.  I'm just looking for a casual playthrough were I chew through a bunch of mechadinosaurs like a ****ing savage.  

Ohhh. In that case you're good at Normal. Once you get the armor stripping arrows (forgot their actual name, I haven't played since last Summer), and trip mines, things get really fun. You can just knock their Death  turrets off of them and use it against the big ass ones.

• Thanks 1

Just played Demon's Souls for like 2 hours and made zero progress lol.  Well maybe I did because I got to the boss of 2-2 and can get back there pretty easily, and got him down to like 25% health left the last time I tried.  But I gotta chill for a while before I go back.  

33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I need to revisit this. I swore my level was pretty high, but I went up that first cliff in Frozen Wilds before you meet the shaman, and ended up having to sneak past that deranged Sawtooth because it absolutely would destroy me every time. No chance. I even had on the Zero Dawn tech gear (pretty sure I did at least).

I didn’t realize you had beaten it so you might have been pretty high level. Well at least far enough in to get that outfit. I was too tho and had all weapons upgraded aside from the DLC upgrades and using the ZD gear playing on NG+ ultra hard. walked up on that panther lookin ass on the pond when you first scale the cliff and got my ass chewed up and spit out in a second. It was a humbling experience for Aloy 

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

just go with normal. Still challenging enough to require strategies for the various dinosaurs but not something you’ll be getting frustrated with. Just enjoy the world and the story 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Just played Demon's Souls for like 2 hours and made zero progress lol.  Well maybe I did because I got to the boss of 2-2 and can get back there pretty easily, and got him down to like 25% health left the last time I tried.  But I gotta chill for a while before I go back.  

What build you run with? Don't think I ever asked you.

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I didn’t realize you had beaten it so you might have been pretty high level. Well at least far enough in to get that outfit. I was too tho and had all weapons upgraded aside from the DLC upgrades and using the ZD gear playing on NG+ ultra hard. walked up on that panther lookin ass on the pond when you first scale the cliff and got my ass chewed up and spit out in a second. It was a humbling experience for Aloy 

Yeah thats what I'm talking about. Yeah I think I only had one mission left at that point. Same result tho. The way that thing dispatched me tho made me wonder if that was what was supposed to happen before the story starts. No way something in that game could be that tough.