Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hold up.....Hip me to the game!! 

Mypoints and shopkick primarily. Do surveys, walk in and scan items in stores, get giftcards. Both can be redeemed for gamestop or Amazon credit (which can be used to buy xbox/ps credit). 

Doh, forgot to mention that Bing rewards also can be redeemed for Amazon credit. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Mypoints and shopkick primarily. Do surveys, walk in and scan items in stores, get giftcards. Both can be redeemed for gamestop or Amazon credit (which can be used to buy xbox/ps credit). 

Doh, forgot to mention that Bing rewards also can be redeemed for Amazon credit. 

My man 👊 

Man, I got NBA 2k11, but had to get Halo Reach again because my old copy slipped off the disc joint while spinning and got scratched to hell.

Halo Reach, as much as I don't want to say it, is my favorite game of all time. Non-multiplayer, and disregarding nostalgia.  Of course there are games in the past that mean more to me.  Mario Bros, Mike Tyson's Punch Out...hell...Halo 1.

Nah dawg.  Halo Reach is the game I'd take to a deserted island.  With a magical way to power up the console. 😄

Dawgs...what's up with Xbox 360 controllers?  Failures.  The whole ****ing console was a house of cards.

Any tips on playing NBA 2k11 are appreciated.  #NotUpToDate #CheapGames

Started Outer Wilds this weekend. Feel like The Outer Worlds stole this games thunder but this is such an addictive and fun game. So simple but just charming and beautiful 

you are a cartoonish alien astronaut from this little forest planet. They have discovered space travel and you are the next one to go into space and explore. It’s 4th wall breaking and the dialogue (all told via text like Zelda) is funny and clever and it doesn’t take its self seriously. 

there was a race of creatures that existed a long time before that are no longer around so you’re tasked with learning more about what happened to them. One of the previous astronauts decades earlier has never come back either. There are only a handful of planets in the solar system to explore but you pilot the ship the whole way there and landing on them can be a ****. Then you suit up and are off to explore 

There is no combat either but it’s not even missed. The game is basically all one big puzzle exploring the planets and unraveling the mysteries of the solar system. Piecing every new detail or clue together in the ship log to point you to the next destination. There aren’t missions or levels or skill trees. That’s pretty much it but it’s all entirely up to you what planet to go to and what to do. There is a sound device where you can pick up signals that are either mysteries to solve or indications of where to go. There are probes you can launch to take pics so you can see what’s around the other side of the planet or something you might want to explore. There are so many leads to follow up and they will eventually connect it seems or connect enough to point you in the direction to something else

there is one thing that’s a little more involved since there exists a black hole but that’s all I will say to avoid spoilers. 

I’m having a lot of fun with it 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 12:37 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Judy is getting all the hype in Cyberpunk, but she whines too much. PanAm, however,  is a ride or die chick, with an ass that dreams are made of ❤ 

/Starving

I just beat Cyberpunk the other day. Don't want to post spoilers but riding with Panam is the best decision you can make.

Overall I enjoyed the game, but it definitely fell short of expectations in many areas. I just feel like the game tried to be way too many things at the same time and doesn't do any one thing amazingly well.

With another ~6 months or so of development it could have probably been an all time classic on par with Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

I've been playing through some modern takes on retro platforming games.  Stuff like Huntdown & Broforce.  They are making me laugh with all the over the top 80's nostalgia.  Also been playing some Zombie Army of the Dead 4.  Over on the switch been playing New Super Mario Bros Deluxe edition with the kids.   Getting some final legs out of the PS4 before I purchase the PS5 probably sometime during late spring early summer. Also might have to save up some funds for the Switch Pro if that actually ends up happening.   Been looking to get back into Days Gone as well.   I have been streaming some games a bit lately if you search nocalmike on twitch, give me a follow if you're into that kind of thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Been playing Witcher 3 the past few weeks.  'Sokay.  Combat's pretty trash, though.

Yeah combat is pretty much just spam light attack and use signs. None of the Witcher games have really hit the mark they set for themselves in terms of swordplay. Overall a very good game though.

16 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Yeah combat is pretty much just spam light attack and use signs. None of the Witcher games have really hit the mark they set for themselves in terms of swordplay. Overall a very good game though.

Even with that, fast attack is so variable in the amount of time that it takes that it's infuriatingly unwieldy.  Enemy charging you from a distance?  Quick attack so you hit them when they get to you!  Oh, wait, Geralt decided to do a long swirly-twirl attack because the enemy was at a distance at the time of hitting attack rather than being able to anticipate where they will be like I can.  It's a problem where they have decided what is best for you in how to attack rather than letting you decide what's best, and it works out poorly.

And then there's the issue where they force you into combat mode and restricting your movement and force you to draw a particular sword when maybe you just wanna punch a guy in the face.  And also diving doesn't always work.  After endless annoyance dying to that first Griffon because the asshole failed to dive time after time, plus the "quick" attack that took two seconds to strike, I threw my hands up in the air and turned the difficulty down to as easy as it will go because I will not find combat rewarding in this game anyways, so may as well make it less of a chore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just finished the Last of Us part 2 and immediately started another play through.   

thoughts? 

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Been playing Witcher 3 the past few weeks.  'Sokay.  Combat's pretty trash, though.

combat sucked and it was probably the biggest reason I could never get into it 

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

thoughts?

I mean, it’s a remarkable game. Like its predecessor, a superbly written story attached to excellent mechanics.  Easily the best-written video game series Ive ever played.  A great idea to have you play as Abby for long enough to emphasize with her. 

The ending was not as good as the first one, but that’s a really high bar. Loved taking out the Rattlers with level 10 viciousness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, it’s a remarkable game. Like its predecessor, a superbly written story attached to excellent mechanics.  Easily the best-written video game series Ive ever played.  A great idea to have you play as Abby for long enough to emphasize with her. 

The ending was not as good as the first one, but that’s a really high bar. Loved taking out the Rattlers with level 10 viciousness. 

when you are referring to the end are you referring to the Resort section or the end itself? 

The final scene of the first game is incredible and perfect but I think this one might top it,

Spoiler

With Ellie forgiving Abby and thus forgiving Joel, Returning home to realIs all she had lost on her path for vengeance including her connection to Joel thru being able to play the guitar and then the final shot of the moth on the guitar, implying that like a moth she found her way back to the light from the darkness. 

i think a 3rd one will try to redeem her and for her to find a purpose in her life whether that ends up giving her life for someone else or just finally finding peace. 

I also think the level design of the resort/rattler area is ridiculously good 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Thank you! I've been saying this since The Witcher 2 (I hated that game), but everyone thought I was crazy. I put The Witcher 3 away several weeks ago because I lost a couple hours of progress due to a saving glitch. I just came back to it a few days ago, I'm playing it differently and having a lot more fun. I enjoy exploring and crafting, so thats what I've been doing. I noticed that my crafting recipes were lacking, I fixed that by going to all of the question marks on the map. The game is beautiful, but its an average game at best.

I've been looking at a game called Elex, has anyone had any playing time with this game?

I'm starting to get hooked on Demon's Souls as I've had some time to actually sit down and play it recently.  I'm actually making some progress too.

But also **** that game because I accidentally downgraded a sword when I thought I had the upgrade option selected, and there is no way to undo it.  I tried resetting my PS5 immediately but nope, it saved it immediately.