Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Been playing Tekken 7 recently. Awesome fighting game, would take years to master. 

That’s why fighting games like that are so much fun though. I remember putting in time on Smash Brothers Melee to the point where even now I can pick up the sticks and just wreck so kid that thinks he’s the man. It’s fun having that kind of mastery in something so ultimately frivolous 

• Like 1

Takes years to master, unless you have spent most of your life playing it, lol. Unlike MK, Tekkens moveset haven't really changed all that much over the decades, save Jin. I know most if not all of the og characters moveset by heart, and I probably haven't played it with regularity in 10 years.

• Like 1

This just made me think that we haven’t had an online competition among this group (that I’m aware of)......

We should do that. And what happened to us playing among us? Did I just miss that? I wanna kick y’all ass in something. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That’s why fighting games like that are so much fun though. I remember putting in time on Smash Brothers Melee to the point where even now I can pick up the sticks and just wreck so kid that thinks he’s the man. It’s fun having that kind of mastery in something so ultimately frivolous 

Smash Bro's is a party game bro.

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This just made me think that we haven’t had an online competition among this group (that I’m aware of)......

We should do that. And what happened to us playing among us? Did I just miss that? I wanna kick y’all ass in something. 

I'd whoop anyone's ass in any Street Fighter or older MK games, but those aren't online unfortunately (old MK games).

14 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Smash Bro's is a party game bro.

Yes I remember seeing you express this view previously. But they have multiple pro tournaments a year so I think it’s a more opinion than fact at this point. 

Sort of like saying NASCAR isn’t a sport 

The closest I get to being good at old school fighting games is MvC2. Any earlier than that and I’m getting my ass beat like I stole something. I don’t know why. I’m just bad at them. Melee was my crowing achievement though. Right on time for my age group. 

Edited by Llevron

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yes I remember seeing you express this view previously. But they have multiple pro tournaments a year so I think it’s a more opinion than fact at this point. 

Sort of like saying NASCAR isn’t a sport 

The closest I get to being good at old school fighting games is MvC2. Any earlier than that and I’m getting my ass beat like I stole something. I don’t know why. I’m just bad at them. Melee was my crowing achievement though. Right on time for my age group. 

I was kind of being facetious.

Kind of.

I realize they have huge smash tourneys and that it's super popular but they also turn off a ton of crap when doing so.  there is just a ton of randomness generally speaking in smash which is the exact opposite of what makes fighting games fun, where there is a super strict rule set and you have to play in those confines.  

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I was kind of being facetious.

Kind of.

I realize they have huge smash tourneys and that it's super popular but they also turn off a ton of crap when doing so.  there is just a ton of randomness generally speaking in smash which is the exact opposite of what makes fighting games fun, where there is a super strict rule set and you have to play in those confines.  

You can literally just turn on a super strict rule sets where there is no randomness. Like it’s a menu option. Hell you can even create presets if that’s your thing. The competitive thing is a pretty standard set of rules at this point. Has been since I was in high school. 

What you are really getting at is that is has the capability to be either a really serious fighting game or a party game and can do both much better than average. That’s a good thing. It’s why it’s so popular. 

And I know you are being kind of facetious. I’m also sure that comes from you getting your ass kicked in it lol. That’s how it always is 🤭

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You can literally just turn on a super strict rule sets where there is no randomness. Like it’s a menu option. Hell you can even create presets if that’s your thing. The competitive thing is a pretty standard set of rules at this point. Has been since I was in high school. 

What you are really getting at is that is has the capability to be either a really serious fighting game or a party game and can do both much better than average. That’s a good thing. It’s why it’s so popular. 

And I know you are being kind of facetious. I’m also sure that comes from you getting your ass kicked in it lol. That’s how it always is 🤭

I have never liked Smash since I first played it back on N64.  It had nothing to do with getting my ass kicked.  It had to do with me not liking the game.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm down to whoop your asses (read: lose to) you guys in something.

If anyone plays CoD you can hop on with me and my buddies when we play. 

Oh you will really destroy me in that but I’m down lol. I have never EVER been good at FPS. That’s why I play Destiny lololol 

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I have never liked Smash since I first played it back on N64.  It had nothing to do with getting my ass kicked.  It had to do with me not liking the game.

Just a happy coincidence, then 🤭🤭🤭

Edited by Llevron

I'm trying to figure out backlog games to play. I don't have many to wade through. Don't buy a ton. 

I couldn't pull the trigger on HZD... Even though it was $9.99 for the complete edition. After doing some reading on it I realized one of the things that makes games fun for me...

Watching your character look more epic as you proceed through the game. Obviously in a game like Tomb Raider or Uncharted that doesn't matter as much... But I love how in God of War you look more epic as you play through. Same with looters and hack n slashers. 

Or at least upgrade your gear... in Avengers your gear doesn't change but finding upgrades is so important...

In GoW watching the weapons (not going to specify to avoid spoilers for some of you) look more epic the more you upgrade them. 

That's the **** I love. 

I guess I could just sit back after I beat Red Dead 2 (haven't started yet) and wait for XMas. I'll be getting Spider-Man Reboot and Miles (I bought for my son...), Sackboy (son), Animal Crossing (daughter) and I'll be getting Souls. Plenty of **** to play on top of CoD.

@Llevron does your gear look more epic as you level in Destiny?

Witcher 3 Complete is enticing but I didn't play 1 and 2 and I know I'd be lost. And I don't want to sink 100 hours into anything. I don't have that kind of time lol

Edited by KDawg

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm down to whoop your asses (read: lose to) you guys in something.

If anyone plays CoD you can hop on with me and my buddies when we play. 

You're not gonna find me playing FPS. Don't really like that much.

You may find me playing Dual Universe though. Much more interesting :)

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

@Llevron does your gear look more epic as you level in Destiny?

For sure it does. Though they have an interesting twist to it. The higher you get into rarity the cooler it looks. Like the starting pieces look like you just have on whatever you could find. The legendary pieces though look pretty cool in their own right and usually come in sets (that you can mix and match and they still look pretty cool). Then you get the epics and they look how they sound. Not only do they stand out but they fit basically ever look and just look badass. And even past that you have ornaments that you earn that can be used to overlay anything (but the epics) 

So fashion is definitely the endgame lol. 

You get different rarity shaders (color options) too with the best ones saved for the hardest content. It’s a really cool system. There are problems with it, don’t get me lying to you. But it definitely scratches that looting itch. I know, cause that’s my think. I basically only play looters and I hate myself for it. 

Edit: same with the weapons and rarity. It’s cool. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

For sure it does. Though they have an interesting twist to it. The higher you get into rarity the cooler it looks. Like the starting pieces look like you just have on whatever you could find. The legendary pieces though look pretty cool in their own right and usually come in sets (that you can mix and match and they still look pretty cool). Then you get the epics and they look how they sound. Not only do they stand out but they fit basically ever look and just look badass. And even past that you have ornaments that you earn that can be used to overlay anything (but the epics) 

So fashion is definitely the endgame lol. 

You get different rarity shaders (color options) too with the best ones saved for the hardest content. It’s a really cool system. There are problems with it, don’t get me lying to you. But it definitely scratches that looting itch. I know, cause that’s my think. I basically only play looters and I hate myself for it. 

Eh I may check it out. I don't know whether to do it for PC or PS5 though. Space is at a premium on the PS5 :ols:

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I mean I don't know about you, but I typically don't play games I don't like.

Im a much simpler man. I don’t play games I get my but kicked in cause they make me mad lol. 

(I’m just messin with ya btw, but I am serious in that I’m a spoiled sport. It’s why I haven’t played street fighter since like....Super Nintendo) 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Eh I may check it out. I don't know whether to do it for PC or PS5 though. Space is at a premium on the PS5 :ols:

Its absolutions beautiful on PS5 now but if you play FPS but also cross play is enabled. So since up to the last expansion is free, you can get both, play your same file on both, and then delete it on the PS5 if you need space later. Pretty convenient. I want to play it on PC myself I just don’t have one yet. But I will eventually. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

couldn't pull the trigger on HZD... Even though it was $9.99 for the complete edition. After doing some reading on it I realized one of the things that makes games fun for me...

Watching your character look more epic as you proceed through the game. Obviously in a game like Tomb Raider or Uncharted that doesn't matter as much... But I love how in God of War you look more epic as you play through. Same with looters and hack n slashers. 

this is the case in HZD. Did you read otherwise?

44 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I read gear progression didn't really happen. Just new abilities. Is that false?

its not progression as in looting for better gear but there are 3-4 different levels/tiers for each weapon and each of the various outfits that you can acquire, each stronger in whatever area it’s focus (stealth, fire resistance, frost resistance etc) is as wellas various ways to further upgrade each with modifications similar tothe way you can add enchantments to GOW weapons and armor.

Modifications are a big part of the strategy figuring out how to defeat each enemy and determining the best way to make it thru specific battles

or areas 

each level of armor and weapon looks different too. Light medium heavy or the Banuk versions

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t know the video I saw the other day of PS4 gameplay looked like goldeneye on N64 and ran liked Goldeneye after you’ve detonated 15 remote mines in the Siberian bunker control room 

Yea but just makes me question what setting they have it on. Its clearly not playing that way on every PS4. @Mr. Sinister is still wasting away on a PS4 and he hasn't said anything outside of the settings i mentioned to him. You can absolutely pump up the settings in this game to make it look like its running on a potato. Example - video below looks NOTHING like what you have running on PS4 as well. 

Overall I just dont trust people on the internet. Mega massive dumps as they say. 

• Like 1